Answers to the below questions is required for the attached case reading. 1. What do you think of Jack Cooke's plan to alleviate the problem of unequal access to benefits by expatriates? If you were Jack, what would you proposed and how does your proposal differ from his?
What barriers do you see to centralizing risk management in a disbursed national or international corporation, and what are some advantages and disadvantages to the centralized approach?
Barriers to Centralization: What barriers do you see to centralizing risk management in a disbursed national or international corporation, and what are some advantages and disadvantages to the centralized approach?
Short of a terrorist attack or your company being bought up and all your employees laid off, imagine a crisis that might occur at your company (or a company you would like to be employed by). It could be tampering of a specific product, a major chemical spill, an employee death because of faulty machinery, or something else. D
How does global competition affect the decision-making process in an organization? Keep in mind, all organizations face global competition even if your company is not global. Explain your answer.
List ways of how the Internet has enhanced global trade and list the Internet challenges associated with global trade such as varying infrastructures, taxes, distribution, B2B, etc. Share with the class your observations.
Corporate strategy essentially focuses on achieving the highest top line (profit), reducing the bottom line (expense), increasing margins, differentiating products to match the VoC (Voice of the Customer), and incorporating best practices such as lean manufacturing and zero inventory to gain competitive advantage. You want t
How does the decision for the U.S. to subsidize domestic agriculture/manufacturing affect global trade? (You could use the tariff on Canadian soft wood imports as a concrete example)
GLOBAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT OVERVIEW 1. Overview of Country: - Economic Statistics - Population - Religion - Trading Blocs - Political Environment - Legal Environment - Technological Environment - Corruption Perception Index - Any other information you feel relevant 2. Culture: - Influence on National
My company is a toy company ( NPC). I have to write a crisis managment plan for a product recall plus two documents: a press release and another documents to the employees. I have never writen one and I honestly am stumbling over this. Please review the attached word doc for the criteria to follow.
What is the influence of global competition and culture on managerial decisions in changing environments.
What are some potential effects of a crisis situation? How can a crisis impact an organization? Why should an organization communicate quickly and honestly to its publics in a crisis situation?
What does proactive planning mean? When do you need a proactive crisis management plan? When do you utilize reactive crisis management? What role does PR play in reactive crisis management? What are some elements of a PR campaign? What is their relevance to a PR campaign?
Compare the two approaches to knowledge management and answer the following questions and/or address the following issues (See reference below): Did Frito-Lay and StepTwo (the consulting firm for the RTA case study) have the same definition or concept of knowledge management? Explain your answer. Compare and contrast th
How might an organization handle global reverse-flow logistics?
The country is Cuba and the company is T-Mobile. We are bring cellular service to Cuba after Castro dies. Prepare a 600 word response in which you explain how you would address the following within the context of your selected country. a. Information Technology (IT) b. Research and Development (R&D)
Thoughts about "learning to develop a global perspective"? Should all firms be "learning organizations" because the global marketplace impacts every firm? and What kinds of things determine whether a firm should pursue a multinational vs. a global perspective? Can a firm somehow do both?
What are the major staffing policies that Global Organizations should consider? I know there at least three types of staffing policies according to my readings. They are: 1. Ethnocentric: All management positions are filled with employees from the parent company 2. Polycentric: Host country nationals are recruited t
1.) What advice would you offer an entrepreneur interested in launching a global business effort? 2.) Explain the statement "For each benefit gained by regulation, there is a cost."
You are the Director of Human Resources for a company whose revised strategy has resulted in the acquisition of another company in a foreign market. The CEO has asked you to prepare a comprehensive staffing strategy for the newly expanded company in preparation for a strategic audit of the HR systems in the acquired company.
Please answer to all comments included in the KODAK_Q1 file and the following question: The 2 files from the case (pdf files) are attached. Q2: What are Kodak's prospects in digital photography? (use SWOT analysis)
1. What strategies should we use to frame business problems? 2. How can economic development theories impact trade policy? 3. Can the politics of the host country governments intrude upon the business economic aspects of development? 4. Do you think that any given country can have a significant influence on market factors inf
What global risk factors are most prevalent in today's market?
Read the attached article which applies to the following question; The author states that there are four distinct areas that subsume the competencies for global management. Discuss and elaborate on the four broad areas.
You've started a company, one that translates software into many other languages, such as what Microsoft does. Assume that in the project that you have selected the task is to prepare the communication strategy. Prepare a communication strategy document for both internal and external clients. The internal strategy focuses
Analyzing special considerations in global pay systems. Describe how the following considerations impact global pay systems: 1) Compensation parity 2) Expatriate employees 3) Host country employees 4) Third country employees 5) Geographical pay differentials 6) Compensation for repatriated employees
1. What are the political risks for the countries in Japan? How will my understanding of the cultures of these countries help (or hinder) me from understanding and responding appropriately to these risks? 2. How effectively should someone negotiate with his or her peers in other countries? What do he or she needs to do to be
Research the Internet for knowledge management software and briefly describe the functions of such software. Find at least two organizations that have a public customer service web site (for example, Microsoft's web site provides information related to operating system updates). Consider the following: · Compare and eva
1. One of the biggest stumbling blocks in effective communication is that intercultural sensitivity is considered necessary only for the international division." What can organizations do to institutionalize intercultural sensitivity throughout the entire organization? What can organizations do to improve communication throughou
1. Define Knowledge Management. 2. What types of knowledge do companies and employees consider valuable? 3. What methods are companies using to inventory and disseminate KM? 4. What are the key challenges to effective KM? 5. What are popular software packages used for KM? 6. Briefly describe the status of KM in your o
1. Is it possible to understand and discuss organization culture without understanding the national culture in which the organization operates? Why or why not? 2. What are some of the key challenges involved in creating cooperation within the organization in which you work? How are these challenges affected by differences in