1. What does it mean to lead for performance? 2. Compile a concise and thorough leadership mission, which describes your leadership approach and how you plan to provide leadership as a public administrator. 3. What is the purpose of moral leadership from a public administrator? 4. The reading assignment for this unit
Distinguish between leadership and management please.
Describe how servant leadership can be applied to your organization.
1. What kind of leadership best describes you? 2. After studying leadership this semester, would the way you define leadership change? If so, in what way? If not, why not? 3. Do you agree that that how you define leadership accurately reflects your style of leadership? If yes, why? If not, why not? 4. Choose one style of lea
Leaders at all levels must continue to hone their leadership attributes in order to identify different situations within an organization as it relates to employees, peers, and supervisors. As society continues to evolve and become more diverse these leaders must understand not only the work culture, but social culture in regards
1. Synthesize the importance of psychological dimensions of leadership such as emotional intelligences and the spiritual dimensions of leadership. 2. What factors drive dependent and interdependent behavior in leaders in organizations?
What are the personal and professional characteristics of a change leader? How can a leader's vision and strategies help to overcome resistance? Find at least two real life examples of cases where leaders have influenced positive change by creating the right vision to guide action. Substantiate your responses with relevant citat
Compare and contrast servant leadership with at least two other models of leadership.
During a day at work, people make many decisions. Do you believe there is a difference between a business decision and an ethical decision or are they one in the same? Give a specific example of a decision that you have had to make at work and discuss its relation to being an ethical decision, business decision, or both.
Do you think a task oriented leader can utilize a participating style?
Cultural Theorists 1. Who are they are what are their dimensions? Characteristics of leaders 2. What are they and what impact do they have on an organization? 3. Do you know the differences between the theorists and their dimensions? 4. Each theorists has different view about: Time - space - environment - collectivism -
What skills / attributes / expertise should a modern controller possess?
Leadership Models - Kotter's Change Leadership Model,Relationship Leadership Model, Social Change Model explained.
1. One of the leading change leadership models today worldwide was developed by John Kotter over 20 years ago. Describe Kotter's Change Leadership Model. Why has it survived the test of time? What are its strengths and weaknesses in today's environment? 2. Select two contemporary change leadership models. Compare them. Expl
1. Analyze the concept of servant leadership.
Question: Extraversion is often considered a "good" quality for a leader to have. Why might introversion be considered an equally positive quality?
Do you believe understanding your preferences according to the whole brain model can help you be a better leader? The answer must be at least 200 words.
How important is time management for leaders and management? What are some good practices to ensure good time management in a business?
Describe some of the contemporary leadership training practices. Bringing together the concepts and findings from other readings, what do organisations need to be doing to develop better and more effective leaders? Provide 2-3 examples of organisations that are selecting, training, and assessing their leaders to better connect a
This week I am focusing my efforts on trying to describe some contemporary leadership training practices. I am seeking some additional perspective on what organizations need to do to develop better and more effective leaders too? If I can get a few examples of organizations that are selecting, training, and assessing their leade
1. Observe two leaders conduct an event. Compare and contrast goal articulation, talent utilization, group norms, cohesiveness, and general tone. 2.Analyze how the leader contributes to norms, tone, and the possible relationship to group outcomes. Describe and assess one's own tone-setting style. 3. Provide some insigh
1. Explain how Madam C.J. Walker made a contribution to their community or society and how this contribution embodies servant leadership. 2. Propose the impact that Madam C.J. Walker contributions have had on the organization to various organization stakeholders (e.g., customers, employees, the public, etc).
An organizational culture is often formed through the many different people that make up the company. These diverse traits may be your race, ethnicity, gender, age, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, ability, etc. Take some time to think about your own cultural background (black) and how this can add to your work culture
Human relations within an organization are essential to performance and operations. Discuss in detail the non rational models of X, Y, and Z as well as how they relate to human relations in an organization. 395 word essay with reference
Understanding the implications of emotional intelligence is vital to being a successful leader. If a manager lacked maturity in "EI" and reacted to negative news at work by yelling, screaming and throwing objects - it is unlikely their subordinates would have any respect for them. This solution provides "real world" examples of EI and how it impacts one's ability to lead.
The student question submitted was: What are the implications of emotional intelligence for leaders? Explain your answer using personal examples. In about 300 words, this solution discusses how leaders lead by example - whether they want to or not, and regardless if they are aware of this dynamic or not. Understanding emot
I am writing out a 500 word (references not included) response in relation to the article - "Leadership and culture in Mexico"(Jon P Howell et al, 2007 Journal of World Business) I am attempting to identify and describe some of the general elements that were measured by the GLOBE study related to the article. I need assistenc
Critique the article "The Nine Dilemmas Leaders Face." Begin with an introduction that defines the subject of the critique and a point of view. Defend the point of view by raising specific issues or aspects of an argument. Conclude the critique by summarizing the argument and re-emphasizing an opinion. 1. Identify and expl
Successful public policies often hinge upon the ability of talented leaders to develop, promote, and execute those public policies. In a two-page paper, discuss which leadership traits you feel are the most important in the creation of sound public policies. Some questions to consider are: does a leader's educational background
Dear OTA, I would like to ask for assistance with the following problem. The leaders are Abraham Lincoln and Barack Obama. 1. I am researching two leaders and want to describe the factors that make these leaders strategic. 2. Analyze and identify the commonalities in terms of these leaders' personalities, communication s
(a). Based on the LMX Theory and Table 8.1 "Phases in Leadership Making" found on page 166 of the Leadership pdf, what phase best describes Sir Ernest Shackleton's relationship with his men? Explain your answer. (b). As a follower, share your LMX 7 Questionnaire score and define the quality of your leader-member exchange as
The analysis and evaluation of these leadership examples must be based on the concepts of business leadership management. Can you help me with the following task? You can select two leaders and go from there. The format of the task is to be as follows: 1. Analysis and evaluation of Leader #1 2. Analysis and evaluation o