Marketers are agents of change. They seek to change behaviors of consumers and other potential customers or users. In what ways do international marketers impact a foreign culture through their marketing activities? (2 pages)
See questions below... Please take a look at the questions and answers below and provide guide. Check to see if I answered the questions correctly and if there are sources I can use to support my answer. Q1 What are the major elements and dimensions of culture in this region? Write a short essay for this question- 50-70 wo
1. What are the major elements and dimensions of culture in this region? 2. How are these elements and dimensions integrated by locals conducting business in the nation? 3. How do both the above items compare with US Culture and business? 4. What are the Implications for U.S. Businesses that wish to conduct business in that
Please help coming up with an outline for a group research paper on this topic: I'm thinking Canada or Hong Kong. Select a country (other than China or India) that your team wants to learn more about. Imagine that your company is a multinational enterprise that wishes to establish a subsidiary in your chosen country. Start
Read the article "FDI into Africa on the up" What is the impact of increasing FDI into Africa on the global economy? If you are the African firms, what should do you with this trend? http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fdi-into-africa-on-the-up-121169669.html
1. Look over the companies and find one that can offer us the innovation and something that i am missing that would be great. I have all the financial stats and numbers to support my conclusion. 2. What would be the cost of moving to India just so we can talk about why we chose not to move the company. See the attached file
1. Your company wants to trade in foreign currency to build its portfolio. It is a European company and currently holds most of its value in the Euro. Visit OANDA's Currency Converter and compare the exchange rates of various currencies, including the dollar, euro, yen, and renminbi. What is the rate for these currencies today w
Find out as much as you can about the international trade of China 1. Answer the following two questions in a 2 page paper and post it by the end of this module. Please be sure to use the proper paper format. Visit these websites: World Bank Data from Indicators: Exports, ODA, Services, Goods, Imports http://worldbank.o
Read the case below and answer the questions that follow. Coke in India, Before and After BEFORE Coke in India PepsiCo was in the Indian market during the mid-1950s, but pulled out because the business was unprofitable. Coca Cola had operated in India since 1950 but left in 1977 because the Indian government insiste
In this module, you will research information related to international finance, documents, and logistics. Without financial resources, your company will not be able to purchase goods and services. In your opinion, how does a company finance international transactions? When dealing with foreign countries, financial transac
The number one semiconductor company in the world Applied Materials recently merged with the world's number three semiconductor company Tokyo Elecktron. The stock prices of both companies went up significantly after the merger was announced, which shows that investors welcome this move that may create synergies and help both co
I need some help analyzing information about education and health issues on the ease of doing business in China.
Phillips, T. (2011) Creating a coaching culture across a global sales force. Strategic HR Review: 5-10. 1. In general, how difficult do you think it is to change managerial behavior around the world for a multinational corporation such as Microsoft? Do you think it is as easy as the article makes it out to be, or do you thin
Question: A great deal of the discussion about competition and assessing a country was driven by a Western perspective, and even more so by the US perspective. Not everyone in the world sees competition the same way. How do you think the nature of competition in business will change as more and more people are exposed to differ
International Expansion: Advantages of Greater Global Presence- includes reference. Refers to Netflix as an example.
Please help with the following problem. Provide at least 200 words in the solution and include at least one reference. Pick a product or service that is offered in a limited number of countries. Assess the advantages of expanding to a more global presence.
1. Please refer to this link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/23/us-usa-china-trade-idUSTRE65M4KJ20100623 - Based on the Chinese government's standpoint, is it logical to impose the trade barrier? - Nowadays, China drives the global economy. So if the trade barrier is reduced, the Chinese economy will go down and this
Visit The ILO (International Labor Organization) website. The ILO is a UN agency that promotes social justice and internationally recognized human and labor rights. Established in 1919, it is the only surviving major creation of the Treaty of Versailles. The ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work covers fou
1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/8504841/Lord-Triesman-alleges-Fifa-corruption-in-World-Cup-bidding-process-at-Commons-committee-hearing.html How does this unethical behavior affect FIFA? - If your business relates to FIFA (for example, you are the owner of a soccer club), how will your business be af
Korean automaker Hyundai decided to build a new automobile assembly plant in Alabama. What factors do you think Hyundai considered in selecting Alabama as the site for the factory? Who benefits and who loses from the new plant in Alabama?
1.) The new manufacturing facility destined for Chile, for which you deduced an appropriate "discount rate" earlier, has not yet been launched. Several on your team are concerned with the political and regulatory risk associated with locating in Chile. One sub-group of your team suggests considering Nigeria, instead of Chile, a
3. Conduct an Internet search to find and read at least 3 recent articles that relate to the key term you selected. Articles may be found in the International section of any reputable website that focuses on international business, such as Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, or the Economist. Another good source of informati
1.Read the McKinsey Quarterly article "Capturing the world's emerging middle class" and answers the following questions:( attached is the article) Why do multinational firms need to think about the middle class now more than in the past? What should the multinational companies do to capture this emerging middle class? 2.V
Suppose you have been hired by Zipcar to come up with a international strategic plan. Please discuss the following: 1. Should Zipcar expand into other c ountries beyond the current five countries that they operate in? If so, which countries should they enter first? 2. What kind of strategy should they use? For example:
You are the CEO of a Canadian-Chinese joint venture that operates in China. Your Chinese partner is the People's Liberation Army (PLA). The PLA has built a sprawling network of businesses that do everything from raise pigs to run airlines and hospitals, mine coal, man- age hotels, and operate paging and cellular networks. As a b
In a short paper, answer the questions below: - What are the primary issues that separate China and Japan? - How has the Chinese government worked to facilitate the separation of China and Japan? - How does the saying "the winners get to write history" apply to this - How might these issues hinder business between Japanes
1.Read this story about Venezuela's nationalization of Cargill and watch this video. Conduct your own research as well. Discuss the following questions: - Why did Chavez decide to nationalize Cargill? Do you think he was justified? - If you were the executive of Cargill, what would you do? http://www.washingtontimes.com
Choose a position for or against this idea: International firms offer the best hope for creating world peace and improving economic conditions for all people. Justify your position. Create a strategy that elaborates on the advantages of an organization creating an alliance in each trade bloc prior to entering a trade agreeme
As asked by the Buggles song, did "video kill the radio star"? Well, perhaps not, but no company has been more successful at getting teenagers around the world to tune in to music televi- sion than MTV Networks (www.mtv.com). Applying the maxim "Think globally, act locally," the company beams its irreverent mix of music, news, a
Explain how immigration and trade may worsen wage inequality, and how college education may mitigate against that.
Is it possible to estimate the gains from trade? Discuss when it can be estimated and when it can't.