The progressive discipline process described in this chapter is meant to be fair and understandable, but it tends to be slow. Try to think of two or three offenses that should result in immediate discharge, rather than follow all the steps of progressive discipline. Explain why you selected these offenses. If the dismissed emplo
1. Managers who accept the assumptions of McGregor's Theory X are likely to design a very different work situation than managers who accept the assumptions of Theory Y. Discuss how managers who are committed to Theory X assumptions are likely to organize their work environment in terms of their relationships with their subordina
How can orgainizations deal more effectively with workplace violence? Provide two suggestions.
John is an employee in a private sector organization. He wants to file a discrimination complaint against his employer. Based on this scenario, prepare a paper in which you analyze and explain the entire discrimination complaint and civil litigation processes as it would potentially apply to John and his employer. In your pa
How does project management effect various department and organizational functions at Wal-Mart? In terms of conducting PERT and CRM in Wal-Mart, what are the limitations and/or difficulties?
4) a. What is the importance to have health care insurance? b. What are the benefits of health care insurance toward your family? c. Does any business is required to have insurance for their employees?
3)What kind of training would you develop for your employees? ANSWER IN 1-2 PARAGRAPHS
Need some thoughts and advice on how to get started. Career Development Plan Part II-Development of a Training and Mentoring Program Create a training program for the employees selected for your team. ? Resources: The Management Behavior and the Career Development Plan Part I-Job Analysis and Selection assignments ?
Discuss the relative merits of internal versus external recruitment. Give an example of a situation in which each of these approaches might be particularly effective
2) What HRM functions could an organization provide through self-service? What are some advantages and disadvantages of using self-service for these functions? Discuss.
5) What is succession planning? What are its benefits? How can an organization use this concept to help ensure the future of their companies? No more than 2 paragraphs please.
What is the basic difference between disparate treatment and disparate impact? Give examples of each. Only two paragraphs please.
Article analysis: Prepare an analysis in which you discuss staffing challenges specific to food and beverage operations
Use at least two articles concerning staffing challenges in food and beverage operations. Prepare an analysis in which you discuss staffing challenges specific to food and beverage operations. Address the following: Briefly summarize each article. Identify challenges presented in each article. How do these challenges a
I am writing a paper for a Research skills class on the benefits and challenges of telecommuting. I have made a thesis statement that says that because of the many benefits to the employer and employee telecommuting has become a popular option in today's workforce, it is not without its challenges and not a good option for all.
The Internet is an environment for resource exchange, the basis for marketing activity. Marketers who wish to leverage the online environment to achieve the objectives of a marketing strategy through marketing management tactics can do so in many ways. Please, discuss in two hundred to three hundred words the role of the
What is a GAP analysis? Why is it important to the ISO planning process? How has a GAP analysis helped or lack of a GAP analysis hindered healthcare organization ISO planning process?
Please assist me in answering this question. How can one reconcile the necessity for open sharing of information as part of the action research model with the respect for privacy and confidentiality represented in the values of ethical guidelines? Thank you
Can you help me get started on this assignment? Hooper Industries wants to formalize its management structure by designing an organization chart. The company has a president, a board of directors, and two vice presidents. Four discretionary cost centers?Financial Resources, Human Resources, Information Resources, and Physic
Business Ethics - How different is a human being from a human resource? How much does that matter?
Give an example of a personnel policy that would help attract a larger pool of job candidates. Give an example of a personnel policy that would likely reduce the pool of candidates. Would you expect these policies to influence the quality as well as the number of applicants? Why or why not? Discuss the relative merits of int
How is the employment relationship typical of modern organizations different from the relationship of a generation ago?
7. What HRM resources might you use to meet the challenges to operate facilities in other countries?
5. Why do organizations outsource HRM functions? How does outsourcing affect the role of human resource professionals? Would you be more attracted to the role of HRM professional in an organization that outsources many HR activities or in the outside firm that has the contract to provide the HR services? Why?
3. Merging, downsizing and reengineering all can radically change the structure of an organization, Choose one of these changes, and describe HRM's role in making the change succeed. If possible, apply your discussion to an actual merger, downsizing, or reengineering effort that has recently occurred.
Trends and Challenges Prepare an INTRODUCTION solution for a discussion on existing trends and challenges in HR management. The items listed below as (a-e) are the topics that will be discussed. If possible, please try to included some or all of the topics in the solution a. Discuss how a complete performance ma
See the attached file. Assignment: After reading the attached articles (Part 3A Attachment), discuss "how social networks and social media create and support a "learning organization." With this in mind, please be sure to address the following issues, along with presenting any other ideas about this concept that you find i
Choose a person of a different racial or ethnic background than your own. It is preferable that this person be either Native American or Asian American. If access to a person from these cultural backgrounds is not possible, you may choose from the cultural options available to you as long as they are different from your own.
CASE THREE: RECRUITING Case requirements: 1. Generate a recruiting guide for the store associate job. 2. Describe the relative advantages of open versus targeted recruiting for Tanglewood. 3. Evaluate data related to Tanglewood's historical recruiting methods to determine the effectiveness for each method. 4. U
Read the case study (BELOW) about Julie. Based on the issues described in this case, propose new hiring practices for the company to follow. In your proposal, be sure to address the legal and ethical issues involved in discrimination and affirmative action policies. Please list references. -------------- Julie works in
Choose a specific company, headquartered in a foreign country, and explore its potential for expansion
Business, International Business - Other Description: Volkswagen and the country Brazil Problem:? Choose a specific company, headquartered in a foreign country, and explore its potential for expansion. ? Choose another foreign country. How would you manage this company's expansion i ...there is more ? Choose a specific co