Details/Instructions: Answer the following three questions and post these in the electronic classroom. Be substantive in your response; and cite the weekly course readings. Questions: 1. Using a real-life example, list a firm's stakeholders and attempt to prioritize their importance. What criteria should be used in
O How has the workplace changed in the last 35 years? o How is the workplace changing?
Diversity is quintessential in the development of highly effective and productive teams. A diverse team implements innovative concepts that are drawn from various backgrounds and personality traits of each member. "Diversity is about empowering people" (Nadler, 1984) to work together and generate ideas by utilizing the team development stages of "Forming, storming, norming, and performing," (Tuckman, 1965). A diverse team plays a significant role in organizational effectiveness, whereas it allows organizations to "capitalize on the strengths of each employee," (Nadler, 1984) in order to maintain efficiency. For example, in an organizational infrastructure, each employee is assigned to a specific team; group or department, within each department is an individual that is appointed to cater to a specific demographic that requires a translator. If an organization does not have a translator available, the company could lose innumerable clientele and/or their business practices will be limited.
Diversity is quintessential in the development of highly effective and productive teams. A diverse team implements innovative concepts that are drawn from various backgrounds and personality traits of each member. "Diversity is about empowering people" (Nadler, 1984) to work together and generate ideas by utilizing the team dev
1. What is the benefit of cross-cultural management when being exposed to a diversity of ethnic groups? There are several benefits associated with cross-cultural management which include the following: ? Learning about and from various ethnic backgrounds-innovation often stems from the inspiration we acquire from people who may be different than ourselves. ? Working with people who posses different personalities than your own- it is enlightening to gain a fresh perspective on concepts, organizational functions, or the issues of life through someone else's viewpoint. In most cases, individuals from other countries may have a unique approach for solving problems that may or may not be apparent to someone from the U.S. ? Ability to learn about different cultures-learning about different cultures will enable management or employees to broaden their scope of understanding and knowledge about various ethnicities. ? Break down communication barriers-"All of us have certain barriers such as preconceptions, prejudices and stereotypes that obstruct our understanding of other people. Cross cultural training demystifies other cultures through presenting them under an objective light. Through learning about other cultures, barriers are slowly chipped away thus allowing for more open relationships and dialogue." (Payne, 2009)
1. What is the benefit of cross-cultural management when being exposed to a diversity of ethnic groups? There are several benefits associated with cross-cultural management which include the following: ? Learning about and from various ethnic backgrounds-innovation often stems from the inspiration we acquire from people wh
Social loafing is very common among teams. In most cases your team might endure just one social loafer, however; what do you do if you are stuck with a team full of loafers? The example in this document will illustrate my personal experience with a team of social loafers. When I was working on my undergrad, I dealt with a significant amount of teams. I have been a team leader on most teams. One experience I recall is when I was in a "computer information systems" class. The goal was to develop a strategy that would enhance an automated system during the shipping and receiving departments for FEDEX and Kudler Fine Foods. My team had approximately six weeks to complete the task, unfortunately, the majority of my team members were confused about the project. Based on the knowledge I possessed about the situation, I explained what I felt was the best way to approach the task. We primarily met face-to-face and via the Internet. As time progressed, my team continued to state their level of confusion. We needed to prepare a PowerPoint presentation and an academic paper. Initially, I always begin assignments the minute I receive the syllabus, this includes team work as well as individual assignments. By the third week, my team was unable to fulfill their duties on the tasks so I took the liberty of getting started on the project and emphasized that we only have a few more weeks to get this project done so what should we do now? At this point I did not receive an adequate response on how the team should proceed and time was ticking. This example will demonstrate social loafing from all four team members instead of just one. During week five, I completed the team paper and the PowerPoint all by myself. I expressed to the team my disappointment that I had to complete a task of this magnitude without the assistance of my team, therefore, I thought it would be unfair for the team to accept my completion of the assignment as if they contributed to the creative process that was involved. In essence, I told them that I would have to eliminate their names from my work and that they would have to come up with their own work. In the eleventh hour the team decided to meet on the final week to start their project from scratch. I found that the team I was working with, used their busy life as an excuse to why they didn't complete their assignment by the deadline. Everyone who attends a university has a hectic work schedule, so in my opinion, social loafers place a huge burden on the team and creates a hostile working environment.
Social loafing is very common among teams. In most cases your team might endure just one social loafer, however; what do you do if you are stuck with a team full of loafers? The example in this document will illustrate my personal experience with a team of social loafers. When I was working on my undergrad, I dealt with a sign
Diversity in a non-ethic context and the element of conflict is first defined in terms of what diversity means. It is not limited to race or culture. It includes hanicaps and sexual orientations among other differenciators. The applicability of diverse teams is explored.
You are preparing to write an article for a professional magazine regarding the value of diversity in teams. Diversity can include any of the following: * Gender * Age * National origin * Race * Sexual orientation * Marital status * Parental status * Height * Weight * Professio
PR scenario: An organization wants to position itself as a leader in embracing diversity in the workplace. Virtual Organization: Kudler Fine Foods This organization will be the basis for your PR Campaign. Prepare a detailed outline of your campaign addressing the following: - Identify the selected organization's PR i
Differentiate between legally mandated and stakeholder driven reasons for implementing and sustaining diversity; include Affirmative Action, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and differentiate with the stake holder's public image, investor confidence, community action, profitability.
1. Why is diversity important in the work environment? What can organizations do to encourage diversity? How is HRM involved in the area of diversity? 2. How can Human Resources Management influence the overall success of an organization? Is Human Resources Management essential to an organization? Why or Why Not?
Go to the jobs section at www.intel.com and see what Intel has to say about its culture under the links for Careers, Diversity, and the Workplace. Then, discuss the following (one and half page double space) : 1-Is the language on the website recruiting propaganda or does it convey the type of work climate that management is
Provide a 400-600-word response that assesses the most dominant complexities of the global environment and the control problems that are faced by global firms. (Remember to use outside sources as research support for your answers).
I need help in analyzing the following points: 1. Discuss existing trends and challenges in HR management. 2. Discuss tools or methods that can be used to address the HR trend or challenge. Please provide detailed information along with examples if possible.
Needing an explanation of the risks in the PR campaign strategy of growing customer relations. Explain what the risks and the weaknesses in the strategy would be. Background: The goal is to show the public that Patton - Fuller Community Hospital (hypothetical place) is a leader of diversity in the work place. The purpose o
In what ways is employee diversity changing the workplace? What are some advantages and disadvantages of a more diverse workplace? What are some steps you may take to promote diversity at your job?
1. How does each of the following labor force trends affect HRM? a. Aging of the labor force b. Diversity of the labor force c. Skill deficiencies of the labor force
- Write a paper in which you explain the differences between a group and a team. Include in your paper an examination of the importance of workplace diversity in an organization, and how it relates to team dynamics in the workplace. - Cite your references. If you used an electronic source, include the URL.
How to hire the right person for the job. Sounds easy ...wrong! This gives some practical and informative information when YOU are the boss and the one hiring instead the other way around. This also will help you when you interview for future positions because you get an insight of what the HR Manager is thinking and want
Write a paper in which you explain the differences between a group and a team. Include in your paper an examination of the importance of workplace diversity at Starbucks, and how it relates to team dynamics in the workplace. Cite your references. If you used an electronic source, include the URL. Format your paper using APA
Hi! I need help turning the following outline into an APA formatted paper. Here are the guidelines for the assignment: Write a 1,050-1,400 word paper in which the importance of your selected business's vision, mission, and determining the strategic direction. Include the following: 1. Define your business, products or
Write a response about the importance of your selected business' vision, mission, and determining the strategic direction. Include the following: 1. Define your business, products or services, and customers by developing a mission statement. Ensure that you are differentiating your product or service. 2. Create a vision fo
Imagine, if you will, that you are the CEO for a U.S. technology company that has agreed to enter a joint venture with a successful technology company in India. The venture will involve creation of cross-cultural, cross-functional teams comprised of American and Indian workers in order to generate innovative IT solutions that co
Diversity has become an important focus of many healthcare organizations, especially in urban settings. There is awareness of the need to construct diverse patient care efforts for the cultural uniqueness of the patients that are served. Is a diverse workforce needed even if the patient population is diverse? Why or why not?
(1) Summarize at least 3 separate incidents of discrimination, 1 of which has taken place within the last 2 years. Additionally, of the 3 incidents you summarize, 1 may be something you are aware of from personal experience. (2) Address the questions, Is discrimination and prejudice an issue in the workplace? What steps have
Identify one real company that demonstrates diversity in their workers, most of them were Japanese as a unique demographic factor. And identify the effect of this factor has on management planning.
Career Development Plan Part III - Performance and Career Management For this portion of the assignment, create a performance and career management program for the employees selected for your team. Create an appraisal form that you may use to evaluate the performance of each new employee of your team. Prepare a report o
Describes the challenge of collaboration in a diverse workforce. use a real situation from workplace.
I need assistance in describing the culture of the Wal-Mart organization and the relationship of that culture to leadership and human resource structures and practices. 1. Please explain to me what is the culture of Wal-Mart 2. Please assist me in analyzing the relationships among its culture, leadership, and human resource
Details: You are in a manager's meeting talking about hiring. One of the managers says that he wants to hire an older person because he thinks an older person will do a better job. In addition, he wants someone from an affluent, primarily Caucasian area. You need to explain to him that his request could lead down a trail of
As we become increasingly mobile as a population, geographical differences become more visible. How do you see this trend affecting your organizational culture? If employees have values and attitudes that differ from the organization, is this an issue? How do diversity and individual differences impact your organizational cultu