Discuss the following scenario and associated questions. You're the supervisor of employees' whose task is to assemble tuning devices that go into cell phones. You find that the quality is not what it should be and that many of your group's tuning devices have to be brought back and reworked; your own boss says that "You'd bette
1. To get the best deal on a CD player, Tom called eight appliance stores and asked the cost of a specific model. The prices he was quoted are listed below: $ 298 $ 125 $ 411 $ 157 $ 231 $ 213 $ 304 $ 272 Find the Standard deviation 2. When investigating times required for drive-through service, the followin
Explain social learning theory.
Hi, I need assistance generating ideas to construct a paper, of no more than 1,400 words, that evaluates the alternatives that the organization I have chosen (Barnes and Noble), must consider to realize growth. I also need to identify the best value discipline, generic strategy, and grand strategy for the organization and recomm
Watch the 2 videos then answer the question in one page. What did you learn from the story? Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ebIGpZIWI Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCxJTmS1Eo
1. St. Louis-based Panera Bread Company operates and franchises more than 1,200 bakery-cafes in some 40 states under the Panera Bread and St. Louis Bread Company brands. Its mission statement, "A loaf of bread in every arm," reflects the company's purpose and its passion. Discussion Questions: 1. What corporate, competitive,
Substance abuse may include alcoholics and drug users; their behavior will be different than other workers on the job. In what ways can alcohol and drug use affect job performance and career success? What are some ways that employees with alcohol and drug problems can deal with their problems? In your opinion, what can employers
Respond to the following questions: Among twin-income and dual-career families, do you think there will ever be an equal sharing of household work? Why or why not? There has been some indication that women voluntarily assume a larger share of household responsibilities because they feel that their male partners do not perform th
Develop a corporate policy that specifies how training, performance management and reward systems might integrate career-planning considerations.
An important client of RoboTech has asked for a redesign and redevelopment of one of RoboTech's industrial robots. The client wants to see a demonstration, a technical proposal and a cost proposal as soon as possible. The project team at RoboTech has identified the tasks involved as indicated in the table below. The activities
1. Last year, nine employees of an electronics company retired. Their ages at retirement are listed below. Find the mean retirement age, to the nearest year. 65 67 64 70 71 63 62 64 75 2. A store manager kept track of the number of newspapers sold each week over a seven-week period. The results
Answer the following questions in detail. 1. Explain how operations management helps to reach an organization's goals and objectives. 2. The operations management works with three main areas: management decisions, function and process. Explain why managers need to understand what is operations management. 3. Define the
- Provide an example from your personal experience in applying critical thinking to a work-related decision. - Discuss the importance of critical thinking in that decision-making process. - Discuss the benefits of critical thinking in that decision-making process.
Model of Training Processes: describes how they serve as a problem serving tool, and explanation of five phases.
Describe how the model of training processes serves as a problem-solving tool. Include a brief explanation of each of the five phases.
Respond to the following statement. The Seven-S Framework include seven elements including strategy, structure, systems, shared values, style, staff, and skills. The pharmacy I work for started five years ago and even though the economy has had rough times we have grown quickly over the first five years very smoothly. I thin
Scenario: Consumer Products Inc. (CPI) is a U.S. regional consumer products company located in Phoenix, Arizona. The company manufactures and distributes a small line of consumer products to retailers in major western cities including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, and Phoenix. The company has an excellent rep
1. List three benefits of distance learning programs. Explain how they are beneficial to the organizations allowing their employees to partake in them. 2. Compare the two types of training methods (INFORMATIONAL OR TRANSMITTAL AND EXPERIENTIAL). 3. What, other than ROI, is often used to determine the value of training? Now
Executive Development Training: specific problems associated with executive development & why coaching helps.
What are the specific problems that are associated with development of executives, and why does coaching seem to deal with these problems? Credible reference materials, including your course textbook(s), WILL be used to complete the assessment. APA Information In-text and reference citations are REQUIRED for all w
1. What is it about Monster's logo that makes it effective? 2. How can good packaging help a product? 3. Why is labeling an important part of the packaging for energy drinks like Monster? http://books.google.com/books?id=39PhqYDpFT0C&pg=PA416&lpg=PA416&dq=what+is+it+about+monster%27s+logo+that+makes+it+effective?+how+can+go
Imagine that your current training is weak and inconsistent, which resulted in high turnover of sales representatives. Using the information from below about my company, think about how would you mold your ideal salesperson with training and develop an effective training plan for new hires and current representatives. Some items
What is the relationship among the four levels of evaluation? Would you argue for examining all four levels if your boss suggested you should look only at the last one (results) and that if it improved, you would know that training had some effect? Explain your answer fully. There is a 200 word minimum response required.
Discuss the reasons for and against going to school to obtain an MBA. Use research and references to support your points and establish the standards you used to assess the credibility of your sources. In your conclusion, explain how your arguments for and against an MBA have informed your own personal decision with regards to go
Read the case "PORTS: China's Walk on the Global Luxury Fashion Boulevard," by Gerald Yong Gao, Jiangyong Lu and Hung-Gay Fung from the Asia Case Research Centre at the University of Hong Kong. (1) What are the characteristics of a luxury brand? How do marketers segment the luxury goods market and what is the implication fo
Describe how public policy has impacted the growth of managed care. Choose two examples, one from the state government and another from the federal government. Which organization do you believe is more restrictive in its policy?
- Explain the relationship between generalization and specialization in the consulting industry - Identify and describe two primary drivers that have been pushing the consulting industry. - Describe the two models of international structure that have had an influence on the consulting industry. - Discuss how to build a consul
A small producer of machine tools wants to move to a larger building, and has identified two alternatives. Location A has annual fixed costs of $100,000 and variable costs of $13,000 per unit; location B has annual fixed costs of $300,000 and variable costs of $8,000 per unit. The finished items sell for $18,000 each. a. At w
Explain the role of Purchasing and Supply Management in new product development as well as development of specifications and a standardization program. How can cross-functional teams be used in the creation of specifications for new products as well as procedures and processes for establishing and maintaining an effective standa
What is the difference between product layout and process layout? Which product and process layout represents your organization's current layout? Is the product and process layout appropriate? What challenges have been faced as a result of the current layout?
Who can I talk to regarding the instructor for AC410B, Intermediate Accounting II, Mr. Glenn Daniels? His work attitude in the class or/online is very unprofessional. For an example, I have a busy work schedule and I have posted weekly discussion early sometimes. This week for discussion I posted early and a few days later Mr.
Question: What is forward integration as it relates to strategic management? What are the advantages and disadvantages of it? When would it be a good strategy to use?