Provide three examples of tacit knowledge; provide three examples of explicit knowledge. Discuss how you might use this knowledge.
Scenario: A project team developed a detailed construction plan that includes activities with uncertain duration's, including precedence constraints. The plan was simulated 10 times, and using a significance level of 0.05, the expected project duration was found to be: - 365 ± 47 days In other words, the true mean duration
5. The Burdell Wheel and Tire Company assembles tires to wheel rims for use on cars during manufacture of vehicles by the automotive industry. Burdell wants to locate a low-cost supplier for the tires he uses in his assembly operation. The supplier will be selected based on total annual cost to supply Burdell's needs. Burdell's
A manufacturer's research and development center must expand by building a new facility. The search has been narrowed to five locations, all of which are acceptable to management. The assessment of these sites is being made on the basis of the five subjective location factors that follow. Management has agreed to use a five-poin
The general public typically uses the terms licensure, certification, and registration interchangeably when referring to medical professionals. However, each term has a specific and important meaning with regard to regulating medical occupations. Explain the meaning of these terms, and relate the important differences among them
James will award a service contract when he signs the Standard Form 33, with the contract attached. James documented his best-value award decision. James also notified successful offeror, documented that he would serve as the administrative contracting officer (ACO), appointed a contracting officer's representative (COR)/qual
- Describe the primary components of a strategic management process, and indicate why a strategic management process is needed for a company. - Research at least one company and describe the strategic management process that the company uses. ( Walmart) - Include references
Please help with the following problem. List and discuss the six steps in the job analysis process. What are the six distinct steps and why?
A. How does your organization manage inventory? B. How do costs affect inventory size? C. What two basic questions must be answered by an inventory-control decision rule? D. What impact will RFID have on the supply chain? E. What is the role of safety stock in a material requirement planning (MRP) system? F.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are analyzed for determining true factors that impact certain vendors for improving the overall business organization goals.
1. What are some KPIs that can affect alliances with certain vendors? 2. Which KPIs are most important? Why?
Discuss the following scenario and associated questions. You're the supervisor of employees' whose task is to assemble tuning devices that go into cell phones. You find that the quality is not what it should be and that many of your group's tuning devices have to be brought back and reworked; your own boss says that "You'd bette
1. To get the best deal on a CD player, Tom called eight appliance stores and asked the cost of a specific model. The prices he was quoted are listed below: $ 298 $ 125 $ 411 $ 157 $ 231 $ 213 $ 304 $ 272 Find the Standard deviation 2. When investigating times required for drive-through service, the followin
Explain social learning theory.
Hi, I need assistance generating ideas to construct a paper, of no more than 1,400 words, that evaluates the alternatives that the organization I have chosen (Barnes and Noble), must consider to realize growth. I also need to identify the best value discipline, generic strategy, and grand strategy for the organization and recomm
Watch the 2 videos then answer the question in one page. What did you learn from the story? Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ebIGpZIWI Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCxJTmS1Eo
1. St. Louis-based Panera Bread Company operates and franchises more than 1,200 bakery-cafes in some 40 states under the Panera Bread and St. Louis Bread Company brands. Its mission statement, "A loaf of bread in every arm," reflects the company's purpose and its passion. Discussion Questions: 1. What corporate, competitive,
Substance abuse may include alcoholics and drug users; their behavior will be different than other workers on the job. In what ways can alcohol and drug use affect job performance and career success? What are some ways that employees with alcohol and drug problems can deal with their problems? In your opinion, what can employers
Respond to the following questions: Among twin-income and dual-career families, do you think there will ever be an equal sharing of household work? Why or why not? There has been some indication that women voluntarily assume a larger share of household responsibilities because they feel that their male partners do not perform th
Develop a corporate policy that specifies how training, performance management and reward systems might integrate career-planning considerations.
An important client of RoboTech has asked for a redesign and redevelopment of one of RoboTech's industrial robots. The client wants to see a demonstration, a technical proposal and a cost proposal as soon as possible. The project team at RoboTech has identified the tasks involved as indicated in the table below. The activities
1. Last year, nine employees of an electronics company retired. Their ages at retirement are listed below. Find the mean retirement age, to the nearest year. 65 67 64 70 71 63 62 64 75 2. A store manager kept track of the number of newspapers sold each week over a seven-week period. The results
Answer the following questions in detail. 1. Explain how operations management helps to reach an organization's goals and objectives. 2. The operations management works with three main areas: management decisions, function and process. Explain why managers need to understand what is operations management. 3. Define the
- Provide an example from your personal experience in applying critical thinking to a work-related decision. - Discuss the importance of critical thinking in that decision-making process. - Discuss the benefits of critical thinking in that decision-making process.
Model of Training Processes: describes how they serve as a problem serving tool, and explanation of five phases.
Describe how the model of training processes serves as a problem-solving tool. Include a brief explanation of each of the five phases.
Respond to the following statement. The Seven-S Framework include seven elements including strategy, structure, systems, shared values, style, staff, and skills. The pharmacy I work for started five years ago and even though the economy has had rough times we have grown quickly over the first five years very smoothly. I thin
Scenario: Consumer Products Inc. (CPI) is a U.S. regional consumer products company located in Phoenix, Arizona. The company manufactures and distributes a small line of consumer products to retailers in major western cities including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, and Phoenix. The company has an excellent rep
1. List three benefits of distance learning programs. Explain how they are beneficial to the organizations allowing their employees to partake in them. 2. Compare the two types of training methods (INFORMATIONAL OR TRANSMITTAL AND EXPERIENTIAL). 3. What, other than ROI, is often used to determine the value of training? Now
Executive Development Training: specific problems associated with executive development & why coaching helps.
What are the specific problems that are associated with development of executives, and why does coaching seem to deal with these problems? Credible reference materials, including your course textbook(s), WILL be used to complete the assessment. APA Information In-text and reference citations are REQUIRED for all w
1. What is it about Monster's logo that makes it effective? 2. How can good packaging help a product? 3. Why is labeling an important part of the packaging for energy drinks like Monster? http://books.google.com/books?id=39PhqYDpFT0C&pg=PA416&lpg=PA416&dq=what+is+it+about+monster%27s+logo+that+makes+it+effective?+how+can+go
Imagine that your current training is weak and inconsistent, which resulted in high turnover of sales representatives. Using the information from below about my company, think about how would you mold your ideal salesperson with training and develop an effective training plan for new hires and current representatives. Some items