A strategic business unit structure is a design where divisions with similar products, markets, and/or technologies are grouped into homogeneous units to achieve some type of synergy. An advantage would be the task of planning and controlling by a centralized corporate office; thus making the task more manageable. True or Fa
Considering the concept of productive thinking, provide an example of unproductive thinking within an organization. Detail specific failures in the thinking process and how they could have been avoided.
We all know that people (and organizations) don't plan to fail. Often, they just fail to plan and/or their plans are incomplete and inconclusive. Why would you say the strategic management is "Important to the success of an organization?"
Read the entire article at the link http://reason.com/archives/2004/07/01/10-truths-about-trade and comment on at least three of the "Truths." Be sure and clearly indicate which statements from among the "10 Truths" you are responding to. Consider ethical implications and the role and influence of values-based decision making.
Read the case "Enterprise Architecture at American Express" and answer the following questions;What are the key components of the architecture American Express has created? Discuss twp advantages and three disadvantages of standard enterprise architecture for American Express? How might they address the disadvantages?
IT Architecture and Infrastructure: also differences between decentralized and centralized architecture.
1. Think about a company you know well. What would be an example of IT architecture at that company? What about IT infrastructure? 2. What is the difference between a decentralized architecture and a centralized architecture? 3. How might you apply what you learned to your current or previous place of employment?
1. Does teleworking have to be an all or nothing system? In other words, can periodic - i.e. 1-2 days per week of telework be an effective solution to counter some of the negative aspects/possible drawbacks from teleworking? 2. Consider modern technology and the methods by which individuals interact. Is physical presence real
Discuss the four factors that determine how useful information is to a manager, and give a specific business example of each of these factors in a specific business situation of your choosing. Your tutorial is 250 words and gives an example of the four factors when buying a new piece of equipment.
When it's Budget Season Nonprofit Financial Management Issues can be found in the debates happening locally and nationally. One of the big debates in recent years in Washington D.C. was around the issue of Earmark Grants. Earmarks were eliminated in the 2011 budget and with all the discussion around the debt ceiling, etc, it doe
What is the process of making GMO's and how is it different from growth hormones? How does technology relate to the labeling of GMO's? What is the percentage of GMO in food that mandates it to be labled as containing GMO?
Exit interviews can be a great source of information by providing managers insight into the reasons why employees have left an organization. Henemann indicates that the first step in conducting an exit interview would begin with ensuring that the interviewer is someone "...who has been trained in how to conduct exit interviews"
1. Many times we make decisions based upon our initial reaction - without reviewing or getting data. What data do we need for CanGo to make decisions? Explain. 2. How might you recommend a company to apply weighting factors to risks?
What can happen if an organization does not have an established change control management process? As a project manager, how would you ensure control management is accomplished?
In April 2012, Michelin Tires recalled 77,000 tires for a safety problem. How would you use the scientific method to identify the problem for the Michelin company? Discuss whether using the scientific method is helpful for identifying the safety issue. Your tutorial is 269 words (two paragraphs) and discusses how the scientif
Critique the following five videos. Critiques should include developmental feedback (strong points of the presentation and aspects that may be improved - both in terms of content and presentation style/skills... When suggesting improvements, it is important to provide suggestions as to how an improvement might be made!) A review
1. Please list a few examples of how laws affect the wages that employees are paid. It would help if you brought in specific private-sector examples as appropriate. 2. What is your opinion on the quote, "Do laws interfere with or complement an employer's goal of using wage and salary (pay) plans to recruit, motivate and reta
Discuss the concept of emotional intelligence, and justify its importance within the organizational culture.
Do you see value in the use of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) as a means of increasing employee self-awareness? Justify your position with support from the text and/or additional academic sources.
Compare and contrast the following two sentences, taking into consideration the writer's style and tone: Regarding the prices of our products, respondents to our recent survey were negative. One third of them stated that if they could buy from another supplier, they would. Clearly we are making enemies with our high pric
You are an organizational manager for a for-profit company. Develop a forum post that addresses the following: Can offering employees the opportunity to participate in a structured telework program benefit an organization? Consider the recent controversial decisions by companies such as Yahoo and BestBuy. What advice would yo
Discuss the concepts of altruism and egoism in terms of motives and benefits. Is it possible for businesses to be altruistic? Why or why not?
Jones Soda There are few companies with as intimate a relationship with their target market as Jones Sodas of Seattle, Washington. Jones was started by Peter van Stolk, whose innovative idea of making soft drinks with names like Fufu Berry and Perspiration was a hit with the young, hip counter-culture demographic that was hi
Is instragram and Youtube replacing a social behaviour, or creating a new one? Example: Facebook replacing postcards/letters
Please give a brief explanation of the impact of OBAMHACARE on business and the economy
1. If you see a team member who is struggling, what are you going to do to help? 2. Have you ever been in a role that wasn't predefined with expectations? What were the results?
Compare and contrast the U.S' Social Security system with that of Canada (or another country of your choice). Your paper should contain the following sections, with one or two paragraphs in each section. Introduction to the U.S. Social Security system (based on textbook readings) Introduction of the Canadian (or other) sys
1. What structures and conditions facilitate creativity and innovation within an organization? What structures inhibit creativity and innovation? Give examples of each. 2. Share an example when you have observed dysfunctional learning within an organizational. Discuss ways to avoid or change the dysfunctional behavior.
When 'making recommendations', the analysis must make a logical argument that shows how the problem led to the analysis, and how the analysis led to the recommendations proposed; which provides for a close-looped root cause analysis. True or False
19. A strategic management case analysis helps to develop an ability to evaluate business situations critically. An analysis requires you to look deeply into the information provided and toot out the essential issues and causes of a company's problems. True or False
Becoming familiar with the case material is the first major analytical step. This step may entail: 1) to read case to get an overall sense of material, 2) re-read case to assess possible links to strategic concepts, 3) re-read in more detail and make key notes, 4) evaluate strategic concepts and suggest alternatives, and 5) form