Scenario: Consumer Products Inc. (CPI) is a U.S. regional consumer products company located in Phoenix, Arizona. The company manufactures and distributes a small line of consumer products to retailers in major western cities including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, and Phoenix. The company has an excellent rep
1. List three benefits of distance learning programs. Explain how they are beneficial to the organizations allowing their employees to partake in them. 2. Compare the two types of training methods (INFORMATIONAL OR TRANSMITTAL AND EXPERIENTIAL). 3. What, other than ROI, is often used to determine the value of training? Now
Executive Development Training: specific problems associated with executive development & why coaching helps.
What are the specific problems that are associated with development of executives, and why does coaching seem to deal with these problems? Credible reference materials, including your course textbook(s), WILL be used to complete the assessment. APA Information In-text and reference citations are REQUIRED for all w
1. What is it about Monster's logo that makes it effective? 2. How can good packaging help a product? 3. Why is labeling an important part of the packaging for energy drinks like Monster? http://books.google.com/books?id=39PhqYDpFT0C&pg=PA416&lpg=PA416&dq=what+is+it+about+monster%27s+logo+that+makes+it+effective?+how+can+go
Imagine that your current training is weak and inconsistent, which resulted in high turnover of sales representatives. Using the information from below about my company, think about how would you mold your ideal salesperson with training and develop an effective training plan for new hires and current representatives. Some items
What is the relationship among the four levels of evaluation? Would you argue for examining all four levels if your boss suggested you should look only at the last one (results) and that if it improved, you would know that training had some effect? Explain your answer fully. There is a 200 word minimum response required.
Discuss the reasons for and against going to school to obtain an MBA. Use research and references to support your points and establish the standards you used to assess the credibility of your sources. In your conclusion, explain how your arguments for and against an MBA have informed your own personal decision with regards to go
Read the case "PORTS: China's Walk on the Global Luxury Fashion Boulevard," by Gerald Yong Gao, Jiangyong Lu and Hung-Gay Fung from the Asia Case Research Centre at the University of Hong Kong. (1) What are the characteristics of a luxury brand? How do marketers segment the luxury goods market and what is the implication fo
Describe how public policy has impacted the growth of managed care. Choose two examples, one from the state government and another from the federal government. Which organization do you believe is more restrictive in its policy?
- Explain the relationship between generalization and specialization in the consulting industry - Identify and describe two primary drivers that have been pushing the consulting industry. - Describe the two models of international structure that have had an influence on the consulting industry. - Discuss how to build a consul
A small producer of machine tools wants to move to a larger building, and has identified two alternatives. Location A has annual fixed costs of $100,000 and variable costs of $13,000 per unit; location B has annual fixed costs of $300,000 and variable costs of $8,000 per unit. The finished items sell for $18,000 each. a. At w
Explain the role of Purchasing and Supply Management in new product development as well as development of specifications and a standardization program. How can cross-functional teams be used in the creation of specifications for new products as well as procedures and processes for establishing and maintaining an effective standa
What is the difference between product layout and process layout? Which product and process layout represents your organization's current layout? Is the product and process layout appropriate? What challenges have been faced as a result of the current layout?
Who can I talk to regarding the instructor for AC410B, Intermediate Accounting II, Mr. Glenn Daniels? His work attitude in the class or/online is very unprofessional. For an example, I have a busy work schedule and I have posted weekly discussion early sometimes. This week for discussion I posted early and a few days later Mr.
Question: What is forward integration as it relates to strategic management? What are the advantages and disadvantages of it? When would it be a good strategy to use?
Use "The Seven-S Framework" (listed below) to examine a firm with which you are familiar and address how the firm stacks up in respect to the "qualities of excellence" (listed below). Does alignment with this list help explain why the firm is currently successful or unsuccessful (use any metric you think is appropriate to judge
Hello, can someone help me with these questions? A short assessment please and thanks. 1. How would the training differ in a company that is primarily research and development compared to one that has a dominant product presence? How would it be similar? 2. What do you think are the most common concerns for organizations aft
The solution is for a two-part textbook question that discusses the good and bad of mixing business and pleasure; along with my writing skills can not be overlooked. Leaning on friends or family for a business decision may result in a positive outcome, or forever change the personal relationship. Writing is an essential skill that should never be overlooked. Each question is answered in over 200 words; the collective solution is about 450 words.
The textbook questions posed by the student were: 1. Never mix business with personal matters "it just leads to damaged relationships, poor business decisions, or both." In what ways might this be a fair statement? In what ways is it unwise advice? Provide examples to support your views. 2. A fellow student says, "So, I'm
1. How can organizations enhance cooperation using Web 2.0 applications? 2. How can companies manage their Enterprise 2.0 strategy and deal with potential pitfalls associated with Web 2.0? 3. Explain how organizations can enhance collaboration using Web 2.0 applications.
Go to www.salary.com and select at least four jobs to analyze. Select at least three cities for each job. You can use the same three cities for all four jobs. Answer the following and show the salary data: 1. Which jobs are paid more or less? Is this what you would have expected? Why/why not? What factors could explain the diff
1. How can leaders use alignment to communicate effectively with key stakeholders? 2. How can you use alignment to increase effectiveness as a communicator?
Require about three pages per juror in the same outlined format not an essay format. Use APA format for in-text citations and references. Video available on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0NlNOI5LG0 Juror #8: Character played by Henry Fonda a) What was the primary premise of his negotiations approach? b) How di
Literature Review: Motivating People to Exercise includes bibliography,problem statement, conclusion and annotated bibliography. It is detailed and includes proper formatting.
A Literature Review is the first major portion of a research study paper. Frequently a review of the literature is a standalone paper, and it will be until it is incorporated into the final research paper. A review of the literature details what is known about a particular subject. There is a bias toward new information and
1. You are a busy partner in a legal firm and an experienced secretary complains of headaches, drowsiness, dry throat, and occasional spells of fatigue and flu. She tells you she believes that the air quality in the building is bad and would like something to be done. How would you respond? 2. What opportunities and potentia
Jobe Smith has decided to build his manufacturing business (lawn mowers in the U.S.) around the production concept. If this approach is taken, what will be Mr. Smith's primary areas of concentration as he builds his business? What issues might Mr. Smith face in deciding to go with this concept as he builds his business?
6. Observed monthly sales of a popular brand tennis shoe at a medium-sized sports store at the town?s mall over the first six months of the year are given in the following table. Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Demand 26 30 33 45 36 40 38 42 a) Use a three-month moving average method to forecast the sales for the mo
Note: I am an adult continuous learner. I started to learn EVM at work; however, I am hitting a wall with the EVM problems I am posting. Since I am a visual learner and learn by example, I need the following completed. 1) Provide and show all answers and step by step work to obtain the answer, not skipping any steps. Show a
A few random results for you to ponder...do the results justify the conclusions? Why or why not? Give a reason why the conclusions don't necessarily follow from the statement. 1. In the NFL, teams win more often when they score 13 points than when they score 14. Thus, scoring points is bad. 2.Often when people use regress
Scenario: You are currently employed by a national Auto Parts retail chain. You started out as a customer service representative and have moved your way up through the ranks to store manager. Recently your company has indicated that they wish to promote you to District Manager, however, they want you to find your replacement as
What is the difference between economies of scale and economies of scope? How do firms consider these when investing in processes?