Skill-based pay refers to a pay system in which pay increases are linked to the number or depth of skills an employee acquires and applies and it is a means of developing broader and deeper skills among the workforce. Such increases are in addition to, and not in lieu of, general pay increases employees may receive. The pay incr
What are the prospects for the pharmaceutical industry going forward? What are the opportunities, what are the threats? What must pharmaceutical firms do to exploit the opportunities and counter the threats? Write a paper using APA format for references over the question listed above. The industry conducts research, ma
What are some common problems when administering employee policies in an organization? What is HR's role in the performance appraisal process and how does HR impact the organization's success?
3. What are some common problems when administering employee policies in an organization? What are the controversies surrounding employment-at-will? How effective are the employee relations programs in your organization? Why or why not? 2. Using your company as an example, explain the type of performance appraisal system
1. On the Basis of Home Depot's response to environmentalist issues, describe the attributes (power, legitimacy, urgency) of this stakeholder. Using the Reactive-Defensive-Accommodative-Proactive Scale, assess the company's strategy and performance with environmental and employee stakeholders. 2. As a publicly traded corporat
Organizational Theory: Explain the differences between centralization and decentralization and between standardization and mutual adjustment
Can you help me get started on this assignment? Explain the differences between centralization and decentralization and between standardization and mutual adjustment. What factors determine the ability to strike a balance between these mechanisms?
Organizational Behavior - Discuss Weber's Typology of Authority. Go online to this site in order to compare and contrast Weber's three power sources against others' ideas: http://www.cf.ac.uk/socsi/undergraduate/introsoc/weber11.html.
1) Consider your current or previous workplace. Share an example of how organizational behavior was affected by internal or external forces. 2) Why is it important to understand the various influences on organizational behavior? 3) How do diversity and individual differences impact your organizational culture? 4) H
Why is creativity important in the workplace? How can creativity be used to improve individual and organizational performance? Cite the source to support your answer.
Please help with the following problem. What are some suggestions on efficient communication techniques that a retail outlet might use to notify cashiers that they will soon go through training for a new model of cash register?
See the attached Matrix. Role Identification A statement explaining why each member is best suited to his or her established role and his or her duties and responsibilities: This must include a description of how each member's education, especially his or her program of study and experience prepared him or her for the ro
Prepare a presentation about the unabated continuation of the proliferation and fragmentation of the health professions. Addressing the following 1. What are the desirable and undesirable aspects of this fragmentation? 2. Should actions be taken to slow or stop this trend? If so, what should be done and how can it be a
Read the following case: A fellow from a city several hundred miles away has just checked into your motel. He gives the impression that he is a big-shot government worker. After a short visit to his room, he storms into your office, claiming his air conditioner is faulty. You have recently spent $75 to repair the unit in his roo
Can you please assist with the following? > Introducing a new technology system in an organization, what principles of change and organizational behavior should guide me? Why? > Do different organizations with locations in different countries and varying structures, such as (multinationals versus transnationals), adopt tec
Explain the following key concepts and terminology: o Organizational culture o Organizational behavior o Diversity o Communication
In most cases, team leaders are plagued with an uneven balance of task assignment. There are instances in which one or two members take on more than responsibilities than is acceptable by normal standards of professionalism.
Working in transportation explain the following key concepts and terminology: Organizational culture Organizational behavior Diversity Communication Describe each concept's observable aspects. Provide a brief analysis of the culture and behavior of your organization which is transportation.
1. Consider the following hierarchy of waste management technologies in decreasing order of preference: 1. Waste reduction 2. Reuse of material 3. On-site recycling 4. Off-site recycling 5. On-site treatment or incineration 6. Off-site treatment or incineration 7. Land disposal What are
What are some factors that management should examine prior to approving a change in its company's technology? Once a decision has been made to change a company's technology, what members of the company should be part of the project team that helps to implement the change? Based personal experience, describe some of the w
Help with this question about Coca Cola's objectives and customer services. What are Coca Cola relationships of the customer service objectives to their financial objectives? How do they help to fulfill those objectives? If they don't (and they don't have to), what makes them more important than objectives that would relat
Discuss the Results of Your DiSC and Create a Performance Improvement Action Plan, specifically, a Plan of Action & Commitment Timetable, in a 2-3 page paper, not including cover and reference pages, that looks something like this: 1. What does your DiSC report tell you about your strengths and capacities in relation to coac
Evaluate Management Commitment and Employee Participation in an organization.The adequacy/inadequacy of management leadership/employee participation within a current system and with recommendations for improvement.Also should contain a workable safety policy statement that explains the goals and objectives.and the management/sup
Quote and Paraphrase Information Find an article related to organizational behavior. Using the article (Questing for Quality), provide examples of: 1. Three (3) properly formatted direct quotes, including an example of ellipsis, and 2. Three (3) paraphrases in which you also quote significant text from the article. Refer
Using Microsoft Corporation, explain how organizational design (e.g., geographic, functional, customer-based, product, service, hybrid, matrix, marketing channels, and departmentalization) help to determine which structure best suits your selected organization's needs With references please
Please help explain how high-performance workplaces and organizations differ from traditional organizations in terms of operational effectiveness, workplace stress, and organizational dynamics. I'll also need help compiling strategies for managing stress in the workplace
Chapter 8 Exercise - Identifying Power A recent incident involving hacking and data theft prompted the implementation of a new data security system at Listo Systems. A "black box" system will be installed on every PC in the company and will not only affect the way data moves but also who has access to sensitive files. Nearl
1-In this century, is organizational culture (OC) relevant for organizational survival? 2-Can OC be sustained across national boundaries and national cultures? Should it be sustained?
1. What are Google's organization's superordinate goals? 2. How do these fit with the organization's staff, skills, structure, strategy, style and systems? 3. Recommend ways (if there are any) that its superordinate goals could be changed or improved to improve organizational performance.
Research a failure that occurred at a large organization such as Tyco International Ltd., Chrysler LLC, Daewoo Motor America, WorldCom, or Enron. Write a paper describing how specific organizational behavior theories could have predicted or explained the company's failure. Compare and contrast contributions of leadership
1. Is an individual's personality determined more by heredity/genetics or by the environment in which he or she is raised? Explain. 2. Can emotions be expressed appropriately via the written word (i.e. e-mail messages)? Or is face-to-face communication required for emotions to be adequately conveyed? 3. Is it a
I need help writing a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you explain the following key concepts and terminology: Organizational culture Organizational behavior Diversity Communication Describe each concept's observable aspects. Provide a brief analysis of the culture and behavior of your organization or an orga