Organizational culture is a shared pattern of beliefs, expectations, and meanings that influence the actions of the organization's members. What do you think constitutes a "toxic" culture? Describe any personal experience of an organization that would qualify as toxic.
BrainMass Solutions Available for Instant Download
What is an ethical framework? What does it address?
Differentiate the concepts of morality and social ethics.
Virtue Ethics refers to believing that ethical behavior is based on a set of virtues that are morally valid without any consideration to the action or subsequent outcome. Moral Relativism refers to being able to define ethical behavior based upon the context. Which do you agree with as a basis for ethical action and why?
Answer each question below. Your response should be at least 200 words in length. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. 1) What are the three potential conflicts of interest that can take place during the auditing process? Explain. 2)
A company is considering creating and selling a new type of cookies. Create a report explaining the research process that should be used by the company to make this decision. Your report should include: - The research question - The proposed research - The research design - Data that would be collected and how one would p
Read Case Study 8, "Google: Don't Be Evil Unless..." on pages 308-315. Summarize the overall viewpoint of the author, and discuss the major issues presented in the case. Review the "Questions for Thought." Answer the four "Questions for Thought" using the business ethics principles from the textbook. Your summary of the autho
Which of Veatch's four models describing the doctor-patient relationship do you think has the most validity? What is your experience? Has your conclusion changed with time?
Choose an article from SAGE Journal Articles on www.sagepub.com/stanwick by clicking the Student Resources tab then selecting Journal Articles on the left menu. You may choose any article from Chapters 1-3 so long as the article is at least five pages in length. The purpose of this assignment is for you to practice reviewi
In the attached file, read the second case study on Coca Cola and respond to the following questions: 1. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented in the case. 2. In a globally competitive environment, why would Coca Cola engage in questionable conduct such as channel stuffing, falsifying
1. Should Google censor searches in China? Why? 2. Why do you think Google was adamant about not wanting to supply information requested by the government concerning the Child Online Protection Act? Why? 3. What rationale do you believed was involved with google starting its Google Books Library Project? 4. From all the
1. How did trust and greed concepts intertwine within the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme? 2. What is a Ponzi scheme and find several examples that have occurred within the recent years. 3. How likely is it that Madoff's sons that were employees of the firm, knew nothing about the fraud? 4. Explain the ethical issues that are asso
1. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented in the case. 2. What were the incentives for Countrywide to write so many subprime loans? 3. What was Countrywide's logic in thinking that originating loans for people with poor credit ratings would result in positive outcomes? 4. If you were
1) Watch the documentary: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meltdown/view/ The documentary offers an insider view of the meltdown from the point of view of Washington and New York. It starts on September 18, 2008. In the first few moments members of the Congressional leadership are astonished to be brought into a pri
1) What are the deontological and teleological frameworks of business ethics? Give examples of them in today's business environment. 2) Why were the three simple ethical tests established in business ethics? Give examples of them. 3) Why is it important to study ethics in business, and what is the foundation and history
1. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented in the case. 2. Do you think Bernard Madoff engaged in creating a Ponzi scheme because of greed or did he employ it as a short term strategy and just caught up in a process that he could not reverse? 3. What were the elements that led to him so s
Explain how HP plans for capital budgeting and risk assessment. Explain HP reporting and disclosure of its sustainability measures, including any metrics used and audits performed.
1. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented in the case. 2. Enron resulted in significant legislation to prevent future ethical misconduct. Do you think that Sarbanes Oxley has been effective in managing the risks exposed through Enron, Arthur Anderson, Worldcom, etc.? 3. Do you believe
Why is there is a need to create laws if companies aim for ethically driven business? In which ways are ethics and law differentiated? In which ways are they similar?
Write an essay on ethics as they relate to epidemiological studies. You are encouraged to utilize an ethical situation such as the Tuskegee Experiments, the L-Dopa experiments, or another similar study.
If you have, or plan to have, children, what sort of balance do you seek between career and family life? Do you believe that the mindset of corporate America is conducive to the type of work and family arrangement that would suit you? Should the United States require companies to provide paid maternity leave? Should it assist t
Please assist in proposing a plan for revising the ethical standards to resolve the issue for the NSA. It must address how the plan impacts employees and management. Requirements: - Include prescriptive and psychological approaches. - The plan must include implementation, communication of the standards, and measurements of
1. Keeping in mind ethical concerns, describe the factors that contributed to Nortel's failure. 2. What mechanisms should be enforced to better align managers with the interests of shareholders? 3. Would you describe the meltdown of Nortel more as a failure of "people" or of "capital market processes"? 4. Nortel's fa
1. It has now become a best practice for the Board of Directors to be responsible for bringing in a substantial part of the budget through fundraising. Do you know of boards that are doing that successfully? What resistance is coming from the Boards to doing their jobs? 2. Part of the responsibility of the Board is to sign a
For the argumentative essay, you should: Read Decision Scenario B on page 380 and choose 1 question at the end of the scenario. Write an argumentative essay in which you take a position on the question you have chosen and defend your position in the essay. Be sure to use the proper format for the essay using the format belo
What are the four types of social responsibilities that businesses have? Discuss the ethical pros and cons of doing business with a sweatshop in a developing nation.
Discuss the five sources of power available to managers, and the ethical issues related to authoritarian and participatory leadership styles. What is ethical leadership and how can it be measured? Use our text to support your thoughts. 250 words
Please provide a thorough explanation and elaboration of what is the concept, basic facts/ basic theory, major ideas, background and practices of Shari'ah "Islamic Law" Governance, what the basic theory behind it and how it works compared to best practices of corporate governance. Provide cases and comparisons and contrasts w
Describe several workplace discrimination issues. What laws govern these issues? Discuss five competitive advantages of diversity management. Why would these be important to understand as a manager? 250 words total
What are ethical considerations a business would need to evaluate before making a profit in a foreign country? All countries have different laws that need to be followed. A dilemma can take place when a company follows the law that infringes on the company's code of conduct. Provide an example to support your answer. Your res