1. Should Google censor searches in China? Why?
2. Why do you think Google was adamant about not wanting to supply information requested by the government concerning the Child Online Protection Act? Why?
3. What rationale do you believed was involved with google starting its Google Books Library Project?
4. From all the issues within the case which is most disconcerting to you?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:04 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Google should censor some searches in China. If Google does not censor the minimum searches required by the Chinese Government, then the Government will not allow operations of Google in China. Complete breakdown of operations means the Chinese population would be deprived of information. Further, information from China would also not reach the world if Google withdrew its operations from China. From the consequential ethics perspective it would be ethical to censor limited searches in China so that the government was satisfied ...
This solution explains questions related to Google Case Study. The sources used are also included in the solution.
Global Business - Google
Read Case Study 8, "Google: Don't Be Evil Unless..." on pages 308-315.
Summarize the overall viewpoint of the author, and discuss the major issues presented in the case. Review the
"Questions for Thought." Answer the four "Questions for Thought" using the business ethics principles from the textbook.
Your summary of the author's viewpoint and your discussion of the major issues presented in the case must be in
paragraph form. However, your responses to the four "Questions for Thought" can be answered either in paragraph form
or as a numbered list. Ensure to include your summary of the author's viewpoint, your discussion of the ethical issues
facing Patagonia, and your responses to the questions.
Deliverable length is a minimum of 500 words, double spaced, 12pt New Times Roman font. Title page, abstract, and
running head are not required; however, if you paraphrase or quote words or ideas from your course textbook or other
resources, you must cite your sources following the APA style citation guidelines.