1) What are any of the pertinent forms of regulation of film in the UK, including self regulation, government oversight, and regulation of content?
2) What are the names of these regulatory bodies, chief concerns with regard to content, and what aer their specific guidelines in place?
Thank you so much!© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:22 pm ad1c9bdddf
To help you with your questions, I have located a number of websites you can go to for answering each one.
I strongly recommend googling "BBFC pdf" for further resources. Once you start to read about the British Board of Film Classification, each of the questions you've noted above will come rather easily to you!
RESOURCES FOR DOING YOUR RESEARCH:
Censorship and Regulation:
Video "Nasties" - Films that led to Content Legislation:
British Board of Film Classification: (their actual website)
British Board of Film Classification - the link to the definition of a ...
The British film industry and the regulations in place to monitor content and 'protect' viewers from harm. Find over a dozen useful resources to discuss this within (links only).
External Environment Analysis
Please read the Blockbuster case, case pages 71-83 in your textbook.
Please address the following issues:
1. Complete an external environment analysis of Blockbuster, including an industry and competitor analysis.
2. Complete a competitive rivalry analysis of Netflix. Provide specific recommendations as to how Blockbuster should competitively respond.
3. Identify the key problems Blockbuster is having with achieving success with its recent acquisition of Movielink. Provide specific recommendations on how Blockbuster should rectify these problems.View Full Posting Details