In the attached file, read the second case study on Coca Cola and respond to the following questions:
1. In a narrative format, discuss the key facts and critical issues presented in the case.
2. In a globally competitive environment, why would Coca Cola engage in questionable conduct such as channel stuffing, falsifying marketing research, anti-trust issues or racial discrimination?
3. As one of world's most valuable brands, what impact has Coca-Cola's ongoing struggle with ethics issues had on it reputation?
4. As the CEO of Coca Cola, outline a global initiative to manage your ethical risks and reputation.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 7:50 am ad1c9bdddf
In compliance with BrainMass rules. this is not a completion of assignment but only guidance.
1. The key facts are that Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company and markets four of the world's top five soft drinks brands namely Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta, and Sprite. Over the years Coca-Cola has remained ahead of Pepsi, its main competitor. In 2006 however, Pepsi moved ahead of Coca-Cola by focusing on snack food and innovative strategies in the non-cola beverage market. The reputation of Coca-Cola has not only been among its customers but also among employees and potential employees. Coca-Cola also focuses on social responsibility issues such as education, and community improvement programs. However, ethical issues have halted the progress of Coca-Cola and misconduct and questionable behavior have adversely affected the Coca-Cola stakeholders. The crisis includes contamination claims against its products, adverse competitive issues, racial discrimination allegations, manipulation of research results, channel stuffing for inflating profits, lawsuits with distributors, and anti-union activities. Even though Coca-Cola has protected its image, its financial performance continues to lag.
2. In a globally ...
The answer to this problem provides an in-depth analysis on Coca Cola's struggle with ethical issues. The references related to the answer are also included.