Please help me with a project by discussing the following question: What is the value of a variety of assessment practices for ELL's?
Considering students between grades 5-8, identify why lesson planning is necessary. How would this planning be different for English Language Learner (ELL) classes and classes without ELL? Does lesson complexity have an effect on ELL classes?
How do the Five States of Mind relate and act as the basis for the 16 Habits of the Mind? What are the Habits of Mind?
2.) Predict how all these components (a) Antecedent (b) Behavior (c) Consequences (2) Goals (3) Intervention (4) IEP recommendations, will influence an angry, aggressive child. 3.) Assessment: In what way will the target behavior be assessed? Provide details on a method to document the targeted behaviors.
Why is it important for teachers to ask questions, check for student understanding of concepts, and ask follow-up questions? Discuss the importance of an encouraging atmosphere for students, where they can ask questions and share opinions with each other.
1) Cognitive Behavioral Intervention Approach: Discuss the models, procedures, effectiveness, and limitations of the cognitive behavioral approach with EBD children. 2) Include the procedures used in the approach. 3) Discuss each component and how they interrelate: (a) Emotions (b) Thoughts (c) Behaviors 4) Discuss the
Discuss several possible traditional and nontraditional assessment instruments, including the strengths and weaknesses of each and the impact of the instrument on the selected sample population.
From an educator or facilitators point of view, give me some insight on providing information, support, and feedback to other facilitators or educators?
The text discusses the true-life story of Jeffrey Wigand, whose "whistle-blowing" on the tobacco companies was portrayed in the film The Insider. If you were in a situation where your employer was acting unethically, would you report him? Outline some of the elements to consider in making this decision. What factors would be
1) According to the Bransford, Brown & Cocking reading, how can previous knowledge support or hinder the understanding of new learning and what implications should be considered for the design of instruction that fosters student learning and transfer? 2) How can you promote the transfer of learning within your own classroom
What is the significance of student gender in educational psychology? How does gender impact your instruction and the learning environment? Why is understanding psychosocial stages in childhood and adolescence important?
What are some of the way that teachers effectively evaluate students with EBD for intervention and/or instruction?
When a child in elementary school has cerebral palsy what are two goals that the teachers should design to meet the needs of the student? What are the specific disabilities of the disorder? What are the salient complications as a result of the disorder? What are the financial effects on the family and what type of assistance wi
Give an example of how each of these 12 ethical standards would be used in qualitative research for data collection: Avoiding harm Nondiscrimination Non-exploitation Harassment Public Communication Confidentiality Informed Consent Competence Representation and Misuse of Expertise Research Misconduct Plagiarism C
1. What is the difference between educating and training? When do you, or should you, use each? Name examples in your life when you have received each type. 2. When teaching/ training a course, what are some of the ways to connect with your audience? Have you used any of these? Have you been in a class in which the instructor
Select the scenario below and develop a conflict resolution procedure. Scenario: Your school has been asked to participate in a pilot program within your district that is dealing with facility efficiencies. Participation in the program will require your school to begin and end operations 1 hour later than the standard within
What are five assessments commonly used for identification and determination of EBD used in schools?
I am required to ask a special education teacher what is the impact of the physical and the health impairments on the education of disabled students. I could use as much information for the above question. I would also like to know How does it affect them emotionally, socially and academically and what can be done to help them
Develop a curriculum that can be implemented in an early childhood classroom using the philosophy of John Dewey, Jean Piaget, and Lev Vygotsky and others. How does these philosophies indicate developmentally appropriate practices in the areas of science and mathmatical concepts. What is the theory of constructivism and the Zon
How can one use (a) Biological, (b) Family, and (c) Culture, to identify causal factors of EBD?
Comprehensively discuss causal factors, the implications, and possible mitigation regarding EBD (Emotional Behaviour Disorder) students.
Why should one attend college? We have many reasons for and against attending college. During a time when it has become more of a monetary concern than simply a middle class rite of passage, it is best to go to college for a specific skills based degree. Humanities seem less important these days, as Art and Poetry do not and
Describe a type of organization of interest to you in the education/training industry (K-12). Select one job description category that would exist in that organization (teacher or adminstrative assistant) and describe the job. Explain the rationale for the elements of compensation detailed for the job. Include citations and refe
1. Training departments are beginning to fulfill the needs of life-long learners in three important areas: core training, collateral training, and career training. How might each pertain to your current and possible future situation? 2. How might organizations that have a high need for replacement and newly trained employees
You are a senior leader in a school or business, and have been asked to conduct an internal audit of the organization's HR function. Write a memo to supervisors in your organization, outlining a Human Resource audit process, methods, and key success measures for each HR system to be audited. Relate your proposal as specifically
1. What is meant by Visionary leadership? 2. Describe Customer-Driven Excellence. 3. What are the Seven Steps to Strategic Planning? 4. What is a TQM Exemplary Organization? 5. Describe the Baldrige Award Program. 6. Look up Deming red beads theory and discuss what it has common with Safety.
What are the pros and cons of individualized vs. school-based vs. district-wide professional development?
Are non-state actors causing the retreat of the state? See attachment.
I am creating a power point presentation for parents who have children that suffer from emotional behavioral disorder (EBD). I need to know how to explain to them exactly what emotional behavioral disorder is, what causes it, and what are the facets of this disability are. I would also like to know what type of activities the p
Using the following outline help me to write about each of the following: Write an introductory paragraph about growing up on a farm and going to church with father all the time. I need to refer to Erikson's theory or Holland personality types or Bronfenbernner. Please also list two references. a. Father being the bread w