1. To get the best deal on a CD player, Tom called eight appliance stores and asked the cost of a specific model. The prices he was quoted are listed below: $ 298 $ 125 $ 411 $ 157 $ 231 $ 213 $ 304 $ 272 Find the Standard deviation 2. When investigating times required for drive-through service, the followin
1. By 1889, how much did the French company Compagnie lost in building the canal? How much did they demand when they first enter the negotiation? 2. How much would US pay the French company? 3. Since there is a huge difference, what are the tactics they played to justify their claims? 4. What dramatically changed the whole s
Explain social learning theory.
Tie the core values: responsible stewardship, integrity and excellence to new technological innovations that have emerged on the internet that have influenced our lives.
Hi, I need assistance generating ideas to construct a paper, of no more than 1,400 words, that evaluates the alternatives that the organization I have chosen (Barnes and Noble), must consider to realize growth. I also need to identify the best value discipline, generic strategy, and grand strategy for the organization and recomm
Hi, I need help with a list of job skills required when working as a waiter in a small cafe or restaurant. Also, I need to write a paragraph about the customer service skills which are pertinent to working in a cafe as a waiter. I worked in a cafe for over 2 years and I am trying to write about the skills I strengthened through
Watch the 2 videos then answer the question in one page. What did you learn from the story? Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ebIGpZIWI Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCxJTmS1Eo
1. St. Louis-based Panera Bread Company operates and franchises more than 1,200 bakery-cafes in some 40 states under the Panera Bread and St. Louis Bread Company brands. Its mission statement, "A loaf of bread in every arm," reflects the company's purpose and its passion. Discussion Questions: 1. What corporate, competitive,
Substance abuse may include alcoholics and drug users; their behavior will be different than other workers on the job. In what ways can alcohol and drug use affect job performance and career success? What are some ways that employees with alcohol and drug problems can deal with their problems? In your opinion, what can employers
Respond to the following questions: Among twin-income and dual-career families, do you think there will ever be an equal sharing of household work? Why or why not? There has been some indication that women voluntarily assume a larger share of household responsibilities because they feel that their male partners do not perform th
Develop a corporate policy that specifies how training, performance management and reward systems might integrate career-planning considerations.
An important client of RoboTech has asked for a redesign and redevelopment of one of RoboTech's industrial robots. The client wants to see a demonstration, a technical proposal and a cost proposal as soon as possible. The project team at RoboTech has identified the tasks involved as indicated in the table below. The activities
What types of processes and procedures would you develop for scope control and scope verification? Why is scope management important to business operations? I need at least 250 words with a reference.
1. Last year, nine employees of an electronics company retired. Their ages at retirement are listed below. Find the mean retirement age, to the nearest year. 65 67 64 70 71 63 62 64 75 2. A store manager kept track of the number of newspapers sold each week over a seven-week period. The results
Answer the following questions in detail. 1. Explain how operations management helps to reach an organization's goals and objectives. 2. The operations management works with three main areas: management decisions, function and process. Explain why managers need to understand what is operations management. 3. Define the
Choose an organization with which you are familiar. Provide 8-10 Power Point slide about outlining a process improvement for manufacturing, service, or supply chain. Include an As-Is process Flow and create a To-Be flow to demonstrate the improvement. Be sure to highlight what the improvement is (resource, cost, product
- Provide an example from your personal experience in applying critical thinking to a work-related decision. - Discuss the importance of critical thinking in that decision-making process. - Discuss the benefits of critical thinking in that decision-making process.
Model of Training Processes: describes how they serve as a problem serving tool, and explanation of five phases.
Describe how the model of training processes serves as a problem-solving tool. Include a brief explanation of each of the five phases.
Is your company vertically integrated? If so, is it fully, or partially, integrated? If not, would such a move yield potentially high competitive rewards? Explain your rationale. You can also use a past firm or one with which you are familiar.
Respond to the following statement. The Seven-S Framework include seven elements including strategy, structure, systems, shared values, style, staff, and skills. The pharmacy I work for started five years ago and even though the economy has had rough times we have grown quickly over the first five years very smoothly. I thin
Scenario: Consumer Products Inc. (CPI) is a U.S. regional consumer products company located in Phoenix, Arizona. The company manufactures and distributes a small line of consumer products to retailers in major western cities including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, and Phoenix. The company has an excellent rep
1. List three benefits of distance learning programs. Explain how they are beneficial to the organizations allowing their employees to partake in them. 2. Compare the two types of training methods (INFORMATIONAL OR TRANSMITTAL AND EXPERIENTIAL). 3. What, other than ROI, is often used to determine the value of training? Now
Executive Development Training: specific problems associated with executive development & why coaching helps.
What are the specific problems that are associated with development of executives, and why does coaching seem to deal with these problems? Credible reference materials, including your course textbook(s), WILL be used to complete the assessment. APA Information In-text and reference citations are REQUIRED for all w
Discuss ecologically sustainable organization as it relates to values, integrity and responsible stewardship.
When or why would a company choose a process layout over a product layout? In your explanation, define each type of layout.
Please return in a WORD document. Describe the nature of privacy as a fundamental right.
1. What is it about Monster's logo that makes it effective? 2. How can good packaging help a product? 3. Why is labeling an important part of the packaging for energy drinks like Monster? http://books.google.com/books?id=39PhqYDpFT0C&pg=PA416&lpg=PA416&dq=what+is+it+about+monster%27s+logo+that+makes+it+effective?+how+can+go
What are the potential risks of searching for information over the Internet (such as violating a federal law, accessing incorrect information, identity theft)? If your employer asked for your help in developing a "web search screening" policy, what advice would you give?
Imagine that your current training is weak and inconsistent, which resulted in high turnover of sales representatives. Using the information from below about my company, think about how would you mold your ideal salesperson with training and develop an effective training plan for new hires and current representatives. Some items
What is the relationship among the four levels of evaluation? Would you argue for examining all four levels if your boss suggested you should look only at the last one (results) and that if it improved, you would know that training had some effect? Explain your answer fully. There is a 200 word minimum response required.