We hear a lot about learning technologies. Just what are they? Computer Based Training is just one of the learning technologies that you have heard about or used. Explain why this can be a considered a technology and, more specifically, a learning technology.
I need some help regarding the following questions: 1. In order to access power in organizations, you must possess knowledge. There are two types of knowledge: technical knowledge about the work process, and knowledge of the organization's social system. Why is it important to have knowledge about the organization's social
Please provide your comments and one from a personal interview: Do you agree that with this company's forecast, what data it should analyze, which forecasting model it should use, and how it should monitor its forecast accuracy? 1. Gulley's s Ice Cream Parlor wants to forecast ice cream sales. The company believes that sales
You selected a research topic and a research methodology to use for that topic. You are now ready to take that topic and develop a research proposal outline. You will do this individually. The proposal outline is the documentation of your research design. The research design needs to link the information or data that will be col
In your company's management development program, there was a heated discussion between some people who claimed
In your company's management development program, there was a heated discussion between some people who claimed, "Theory is impractical and thus no good," and others who claimed, "Good theory is the most practical approach to problems." What position would you take and why?
There is a great confusion when people talk about financial forecasting. Financial forecasting at a firm's level is about determining the financing needs of the firm over the near' medium and long future. Where do these needs emanate from? How do firms derive the financing needs? What are the main differences between the fin
A fellow student says, "So, I'm not a good writer. But I have other places to put my study time. I'm a management major. I'll have secretaries to handle my writing for me." Give this student your best advice, including the reasoning behind it.
To what extent do employees retain the right of freedom of speech on the job? Off the job? What about freedom of expression? Are there limits to employee's rights to freedom of expression on or off the job? Explain and give examples.
The essay "Left-Handers (Those Sickos) Got No Reason To Live!" is a piece of writing filled with irony and argument by analogy. Prove with specifics from the essay that this statement is accurate. Discuss what the analogy is that the author is using, and explain whether this is a valid analogy. Why do you feel this way?
Week Six Calculations Read the following scenarios, and answer the accompanying questions. 1. A research team conducted a study of soft- drink preferences among residents in a test market prior to an advertising campaign for a new cola product. Of the participants, 130 are teenagers and 130 are adults. The researchers secu
A firm has redesigned its production process so that it now takes 10 hours for a unit to be made. Using the old process, it took 15 hours to make a unit. If the process makes one unit each hour on average and each unit is worth $1,500, what is the reduction in work-in-process value?
Is it possible to eliminate resistance to change within a work environment? Why or why not? List and explain different techniques that can be used to reduce or eliminate resistance to change and the recommended way to use these techniques in order to produce the best result.
I need some help regarding the following problem: Elder Company manufactures disposable diapers for newborn infants. Among its customers are vendors of medical supplies who purchase the diapers from Elder in specially packaged boxes of 100. Elder's plant operates 250 days per year, producing several sizes of diapers. When i
Prepare a case summary by answering the following questions below. Please provide full and complete APA style responses (references, citation/cited) to the following questions and bullets points. Case Study of National Air Express Below: National Air is a competitive air-express firm with offices around the country. Frank
Although there is no standard format for a job description, almost all well-written, useful job descriptions will include five (5) specific components. Explain what information should be contained in each of the five sections. Then, write a job description of your choice; be sure to include all necessary sections in your job de
National Environmental, Inc. estimates that its new product, ESA-C, has a 40% chance of being a major winner, a 35% chance of a medium winner, and a 25% chance of being a loser. However, before the company makes a production commitment, it would like to further investigate the situation, because these initial estimates [prior pr
Please identify the PROS AND CONS of "use and do not use" of leverage in opening of negotiations.
Some management scholars have argued that the use of MIS systems has reduced the need for tall management structures. Do you agree or disagree with this conclusion?
In their 2005 article, Zahlis and Hansen warn organizations to "Beware the Disconnect". What do they mean by this "disconnect", and in what ways do you think it might apply to the military? Answer is over 600 words, with 3 references.
I need help in presenting my data in one of the appropriate general response types: rating, ranking, categorization, or sorting. I need help in putting the below data in the appropriate measurement scale (Nominal, Ordinal, Interval or Ratio). As the nation's largest health maintenance organization, Kaiser Permanente perfor
In order to motivate the sales force to produce the highest number of clients, describe six (6) features of an effective total rewards program.
Emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive one's emotions and to effectively manage one's behaviors in emotionally charged situations. It is also the ability to factor in the emotions of others as one interacts with them. http://www.summitmagazine.com/Articles_Columns/PDF_Documents/20090701/july2009_03.pdf QEMS is a cu
Imagine that a growing regional chain of nursing homes with 1,300 total full- and part-time employees on all shifts has hired you as a consultant. They want you to help them develop workplace health and safety programs. What are the top priorities and steps that this organization should focus on as it develops its workplace heal
Identify packaging design and material handling principles as they relate to efficient warehouse management. How do these characteristics affect customer satisfaction?
Discuss the "expected-value decision rule".
Discuss the elements of evaluation and why they are important. Also, discuss the return on investment (ROI) for the organizations. Is training worth the cost? You may include your personal experiences in your response.
A senior MIS design class project team has developed the following schedule of activities for their project
A senior MIS design class project team has developed the following schedule of activities for their project, using their best estimate of completion times. Both written and oral reports are required. Draw the project network. What is the Critical Path? Can they complete the project in the 38 class days remaining until the end o
a) What role did Robert Walter play in shaping Cardinal Health? b) What decisions did he make at key inflection points that accounted for Cardinal's success? c) What impact will his retirement have on the company?
Please see attached.
Case Study: I thought I gave them Everything. Henry Gonzales has been the manager of Quality Foods' Seventh Street store for four years. Henry is considered among Quality's top managers for making the once-unprofitable store the sales leader of the company. Henry works hard and expects the same of all store employees. He empha