Identify and explain six key contributions that speed can make to logistics and supply chain strategy.
The manufacturing of products such as cars or computers has shifted from take-what-you-get to made-to-order. Identify three ways this change has been beneficial to the logistics management process?
I am a member of the city planning commission, which is beginning the process of updating the city comprehensive plan. A comprehensive plan is the master land use plan for the city and is the basis for all land use decisions in the city. It also is the basis for all infrastructure projects in the city. I am working with a consu
- Look up your current or former job title, and compare the earnings for that title in various parts of the country. Determine what factors might create a disparity for specific geographic regions and what effect this could have on employee motivation. - Evaluate how helpful this Website might be to employers and the type of da
Describe a multifactor evaluation process.
What are the challenges of conducting mixed methods research? What are some of the issues associated with sampling, validity, reliability, and bias within the context of the study
1) How should a Learning Team manage data resources for a team projects? 2) How could a Learning Team better manage the shared knowledge on a team? 3) What strategies or resources would help facilitate Learning Team knowledge management?
Utilizing a formal memo format addressed to your instructor, answer the questions below. Blogging is easy to do if you have the right information. Helpful tutorials cover everything from creating a blog to attracting more readers to setting up RSS news feeds. Learn techniques for adding audio and photo files to your blog. Revie
Go to page 113-114 and read case studies 5-1 and 5-2 (attached). One of the most difficult things supervisors do is measure behaviors and give pertinent feedback. Part of this week's work is to learn appropriate methods of doing just that. Our case helps us pull together those things we learned in a meaningful way. What are pla
Have you witnessed individuals on the job who resisted change? Describe the behaviors exhibited. What are some of the more important strategies in the change process? Identity properties of innovative organizations and factors for successful change.
Is there justification for positive writing in a message refusing credit? In this circumstance, how might you evaluate and respond to the statement "You are not going to sell the reader; so why try to maintain goodwill?" Defend your reasoning.
As a leader within an organization, evaluate how you would begin to implement the visioning process. Explain the steps you would take to establish and inspire a shared vision within either a specific department or the organization as a whole. Be sure to include examples in your analysis.
What are your thoughts on the following questions? - Traditional and Protean careers are very different. Choose one type of career and trace your career along the path that best suits it. - Create a brief development program that could be put in place to address any challenges you have identified. - Differentiate between a
Compare the strategies used when assessing the content of strong and weak sales messages. When might you recommend that a strong drive for action be appropriate in a sales message? In what circumstances would you think a weak or mild sales drive would be appropriate using specific examples.
1. What conflict preferences do we see in this case? 2. What strategies and tactics are in use? 3. What can Jane do to resolve this conflict? 4. How is emotion contributing to this conflict?
Do you feel that the Efficient Market Hypothesis does an adequate job of explaining how the stock market functions?
Please help me answer the 3 questions below. Thanks. 1.) How have digital communication technology and the mass media broadened the traditional gaming audience? How have gaming messages changed due to a wider audience? How has general public opinion about gaming changed in the last ten years? 2.) Examine the use of data
You are a Product Management Consultant, called in by the firm's higher management to help out identifying better ways to remain competitive. Analyse the case and give your "recipe" for the company to improve its way to manage new products (f.i.: ask yourself: do they have the appropriate organisational structure, can they imp
Seeking assistance in fleshing out the information for this task: 1. Describe the primary components of a strategic management process, and indicate why a strategic managment process is needed for a company. 2. Describe the strategic managment process used by Facebook.
1) Why does 'the violence of a start up' apply to Twitter? 2) Initially, why was Twitter not preoccupied with earning a profit? How did this corporate mindset change? 3) What makes Twitter appealing? 4) Why is everyone on Twitter considered a marketer?
1. What is management? Provide an example or scenario to describe how you, as a manager, would use each function to reach your organization's goals. 2. You have selected the in-person presentation channel to communicate. What are three prerequisites that should be clear before giving an in-person presentation to your audience?
This case provides solutions to the following training questions: 1. Differentiate between formal and informal training methods and provide an example of each method. 2. Discuss two forms of instructional design models, traditional and rapid models, and the advantages and disadvantages of using one instead of the other. 3. De
Could you assist me in answering the following: (1) How might an organization's areas of risk vary in times of rapid change versus times of relative stability? (2) Take time this week to study how others in your industry address risk during times of change. (3) Identify and explain at least three lessons you can ap
Do performance management systems measure the right things? How can these systems tie performance that is more consistent with long-range versus short-term issues?
What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a job evaluation committee composed of only middle managers for evaluating jobs? What actions would you recommend to make the committee more effective (i.e., valid and reliable) in evaluating jobs?
1. When have you used (or would use) shadow negotiation, and why do you think it is an important part of the negotiation process? 2. One of the rules of negotiation is to prevent the negotiation strategy from reaching a point of having two mutually exclusive positions regarding proposals. What does this statement mean? Provide
1) What was the original business model for Zappos? 2) Around 2003, what new business model did Tony Hsieh, Zappos founder, institute? What was the premise of this new business model? 3) What led to Zappos popularity? Can this be sustained? 4) Evaluate Zappos' current state of business.
Analyzing an ERM Framework Designing and implementing a risk-management framework helps support risk-management efforts throughout an organization. (1) Describe a risk-management framework, its purpose and objective, and how it supports risk management efforts throughout an organization. (2) Analyze the components of
- Differentiate between formal and informal training methods and provide an example of each method. - Discuss two forms of instructional design models, traditional and rapid models, and the advantages and disadvantages of using one instead of the other. - Describe an effective training experience that you have had and what mad
Dr. DoRight has recently been hired as the President of the "Universal Human Care Hospital", where he oversees all departments with over 5,000 employees and over 20,000 patients at the medical facility. He has been provided with a broad set of duties and oversight of numerous departments, including business development, customer