Question 1 Critically appraise the concept of retailing from various perspectives,demontrate its impact on any developing country's economy and its special characteristics Question 2 Strategic planning specifically involves adapting the resources of the retail organization to the opportunities and treats of an ever ch
In order for an organization to have high-functioning self-managed teams, its leader must be committed to the strategies necessary to develop these teams. In addition to the development process, leaders must also establish strategies to sustain the effort of teams over time, to maintain their productivity and relevance. Ideally,
1. Select one topic that might be important as a training topic in Mercedes-Benz USA. What might be the training method used (online, in-house classroom, an away seminar, on-the-job-training, or other method). Provide a summary description so that your reader has a good idea of the training topic and delivery method you refer to
Give a background about workplace. Select 2 items of machinery / equipment that are commonly used at your workplace. This report should be done based on your actual workplace assessment of the machinery / equipment operation and / or maintenance within the workplace. It should evaluate the existing workplace practices with those
Looking into the future is a conundrum: it is both necessary and impossible to do with complete accuracy. From knowing what the weather will be like tomorrow to trying to decide what the stock market will do, forecasting is an activity that consumes a considerable amount of our attention because it impacts our lives so directly.
1. In current market conditions, companies need to gain and then maintain a competitive edge over their competitors. They do this by employing a compelling and dynamic strategic management process to create a strategy that helps them achieve their goals before one of their competitors does. What factors make up this process? How
General Motors is planning a new ad campaign targeted at aging Boomers who seek roominess, comfort and elegance. Based on past experience, Task #1 usually takes days 52. If things do not go as planned, the task will take 74 days. If things go very well, Task #1 can be completed in 40 days. Task #2 usually takes 87 days. Ta
Today's organizational cultures require highly functioning self-managed teams. In today's organizational cultures it's important that working teams have the autonomy to identify organizational challenges, are empowered to establish strategies for dealing with those challenges, and then are accountable for the outcomes of their a
Your team is tasked with the job of developing a questionnaire for your department on "How responsive is management to your needs?" What five questions would you ask? Why would these responses be valuable for you?
Examine the role of management as it relates to finance in a corporation. In your post, discuss the role of management by addressing the following prompts: -Explain the various aspects of finance that management must understand. -Describe why a manager needs to understand the characteristics and importance of financial marke
The simulation requires you to function as a member of a multi-functional team. Consider the role of multi-functional teamwork in business decision making: -What is the purpose of multi-functional teams in business decision making? -How should multi-functional team decisions be made to obtain the benefits of multi-functional
Outline a training program that will ensure that the new manager is properly trained and qualified to perform their new duties. Keep in mind that this person has little or no managerial experience, so they will need to be trained in the policies and procedures of the company, but might also benefit from managerial training throu
The case study: Jennifer is the Accounting Department manager for a regional chain of convenience stores. She is a "superstar" with a bachelor's degree, passed the CPA exam, and is really exceptional in her accounting knowledge. She has implemented two accounting procedural changes that have streamlined the work and resulted in
Ralph was the purchasing manager for the northwest region of an electronic assembler. He and his staff were responsible for maintaining inventory for his company's three assembly plants that made various makes of car audio equipment. He had been in his job four years, and in that time his company's sales volume had nearly dou
The most important concepts to be applied: Intention is to investigate the relationship expectations of management and consumers of a outdoor fitness business known as Rebelbootcamp in a non bias manner. The projects main goal will be to highlight how the company conducted its customer expectations. The project layout will be
Analyze the concept of resource scheduling and evaluating various methods used to schedule resources in project management. Your analysis should include the following: -An analysis of the benefits and challenges associated with resource scheduling -A discussion of at least two methods used to schedule resources and examples o
1. From the employer's perspective, please assess the impact of the legally required benefits upon additional benefits the employer might choose to offer its employees. 2. In terms of discretionary benefits, prioritize those you believe to be most desirable among today's employees.
Write a reflective paper that discusses resistance at three levels: -Individual -Departmental/team/unit -Systems or organizational in general Analyze the various dynamics that account for an apparent inability or unwillingness to learn? How do you identify resistance? How do you overcome resistance as a leader? In analyzin
Please help me understand how you would define Auto Zone's industry? Would you include new car dealerships and/or discount stores in the industry? Why or why not?
1. How much do you think it is possible for an outsider to discern about the underlying cultural values of an organization by analyzing symbols, ceremonies, dress, or other observable aspects of culture, compared to an insider with several years of work experience? Select a percentage (e.g., 10%, 70%) and discuss your reasoning.
The scenario for the basis of this letter is: Write a proposal letter to a respected community figure asking him to deliver a lecture and dinner speech at an annual festival. The sample letter provided is about three paragraphs, including a brief summary of the Boys & Girls Club as the sample organization with the annual fes
Develop the network activity chart and identify the critical path for a project based on the information provided below: Activity.......Expected Duration (days).......Predecessor A...............................5....................................---- B..............................10....................................A
Code and Cross-Reference Letters: Paper records, such as letters, must be indexed and coded properly before filing. A cross-reference should be prepared when a record may be requested under a different name than the one it is filed under. Practice coding letters and preparing cross-reference sheets in this activity. 1. Op
The manager wants the production department to be aware of the differences between service and product design when designing and producing the new running shoe. Department members are confused as to how they can design the product with service as a key factor. Complete the following: - Write a memo to the production departmen
I have been asked to present at a professional organization's meeting and the topic requested was "Twin Technologies-Low-Tech and High-Tech Job Aides" and I am trying to create one version that is interactive for a live audience. Please advise me on how I should organize my presentation.
-Why do learners sometimes not take their new knowledge and skills back to their work place after training? -Provide a detailed list of some possible reasons and ways to solve the problems. Any help would be great:)
"Restructuring" is a popular management technique used in business today. Discuss why "restructuring" is used, does "restructuring" work, and how does "restructuring" impact employee empowerment.
1. Chad is interviewing for an HR Generalist. In one of the interview questions, he was asked to explain the terms job description, job specification, and job evaluation, and when to use each. What should his response be? 2. A small business hired you as the new HR Director. ABC has not really done much in this area and wants
You have completed your investigation on allegations against a plant employee of an acquired corporation, Lakes Inc. that is based on the basic information given below. Create a report on the results of your investigation and present final results that your investigation has concluded. The following are the main points of the
1. A computer high tech keyboards producer has an automated assembly line. The cost to produce one unit of a these computer keyboards consists of labor ($15); materials ($35); and overhead ($5). The selling price for these CDs is $75 a unit. A. What is the current total productivity ratio? B. To achieve 10% gain in total p