Read the case "Enterprise Architecture at American Express" and answer the following questions;What are the key components of the architecture American Express has created? Discuss twp advantages and three disadvantages of standard enterprise architecture for American Express? How might they address the disadvantages?
IT Architecture and Infrastructure: also differences between decentralized and centralized architecture.
1. Think about a company you know well. What would be an example of IT architecture at that company? What about IT infrastructure? 2. What is the difference between a decentralized architecture and a centralized architecture? 3. How might you apply what you learned to your current or previous place of employment?
1. Does teleworking have to be an all or nothing system? In other words, can periodic - i.e. 1-2 days per week of telework be an effective solution to counter some of the negative aspects/possible drawbacks from teleworking? 2. Consider modern technology and the methods by which individuals interact. Is physical presence real
Discuss the four factors that determine how useful information is to a manager, and give a specific business example of each of these factors in a specific business situation of your choosing. Your tutorial is 250 words and gives an example of the four factors when buying a new piece of equipment.
When it's Budget Season Nonprofit Financial Management Issues can be found in the debates happening locally and nationally. One of the big debates in recent years in Washington D.C. was around the issue of Earmark Grants. Earmarks were eliminated in the 2011 budget and with all the discussion around the debt ceiling, etc, it doe
What is the process of making GMO's and how is it different from growth hormones? How does technology relate to the labeling of GMO's? What is the percentage of GMO in food that mandates it to be labled as containing GMO?
In April 2012, Michelin Tires recalled 77,000 tires for a safety problem. How would you use the scientific method to identify the problem for the Michelin company? Discuss whether using the scientific method is helpful for identifying the safety issue. Your tutorial is 269 words (two paragraphs) and discusses how the scientif
Critique the following five videos. Critiques should include developmental feedback (strong points of the presentation and aspects that may be improved - both in terms of content and presentation style/skills... When suggesting improvements, it is important to provide suggestions as to how an improvement might be made!) A review
1. Please list a few examples of how laws affect the wages that employees are paid. It would help if you brought in specific private-sector examples as appropriate. 2. What is your opinion on the quote, "Do laws interfere with or complement an employer's goal of using wage and salary (pay) plans to recruit, motivate and reta
Discuss the concept of emotional intelligence, and justify its importance within the organizational culture.
Compare and contrast the following two sentences, taking into consideration the writer's style and tone: Regarding the prices of our products, respondents to our recent survey were negative. One third of them stated that if they could buy from another supplier, they would. Clearly we are making enemies with our high pric
You are an organizational manager for a for-profit company. Develop a forum post that addresses the following: Can offering employees the opportunity to participate in a structured telework program benefit an organization? Consider the recent controversial decisions by companies such as Yahoo and BestBuy. What advice would yo
Jones Soda There are few companies with as intimate a relationship with their target market as Jones Sodas of Seattle, Washington. Jones was started by Peter van Stolk, whose innovative idea of making soft drinks with names like Fufu Berry and Perspiration was a hit with the young, hip counter-culture demographic that was hi
Is instragram and Youtube replacing a social behaviour, or creating a new one? Example: Facebook replacing postcards/letters
Please give a brief explanation of the impact of OBAMHACARE on business and the economy
1. If you see a team member who is struggling, what are you going to do to help? 2. Have you ever been in a role that wasn't predefined with expectations? What were the results?
Compare and contrast the U.S' Social Security system with that of Canada (or another country of your choice). Your paper should contain the following sections, with one or two paragraphs in each section. Introduction to the U.S. Social Security system (based on textbook readings) Introduction of the Canadian (or other) sys
1. What structures and conditions facilitate creativity and innovation within an organization? What structures inhibit creativity and innovation? Give examples of each. 2. Share an example when you have observed dysfunctional learning within an organizational. Discuss ways to avoid or change the dysfunctional behavior.
How can rapid prototyping be used as a management tool?
Investigate LEED (Leadership in energy and Environmental Design) building designs. Should all new buildings be required by law to adopt LEED design standards and conform to the LEED rating system?
My task is to show how the business operations in an organization can be brought into harmony, generating the smooth flow of information and materials throughout the value network for the benefit of customers and the competitive success of the organization. Question: - The importance of effective logistics management in smo
Describe challenges to board recruitment, and reasons why they would be challenges and how they can be addressed. The solution provides "real world" scenarios on two recruitment challenges.The first is lack of compensation as most members serving a non-profit are in unpaid positions. Unless a person is retired and/or has anot
1. Frequently, formal program evaluations are deemed as failures. Why is this type of situation the case? 2. Describe the methods usually used by governments to evaluate policy choices. 3. Describe the Government Accountability Office. What is its role? 4. Why are government programs seldom terminated?
1. How can public policy be viewed as the "preferences and values of a governing elite"? Provide examples 2. Compare and contrast incremental and rational methods of policy making? Include examples of each model. 3. What criteria must a successful policy model include? 4. Identify three uses or lessons that can be learn
An HR professional in a 1,000-person company supports purchasing employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) to protect against worker claims that their legal rights have been violated. An operations manager suggests that the insurance is not needed because the company already has general business liability insurance. In wh
Please help with the following problem. Explain why are you interested in the Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-Cell and why should you be considered.
The authors of our textbook argue that "...clearly, not all diversification moves, including those involving mergers and acquisitions, erode performance." Diversification is achieved through two methods: 1) through horizontal relationships, and 2) through hierarchical relationships. The benefits of these two relationships are mu
Describe the importance of productivity analysis to the overall health of the organization.
What are the core competencies of a successful buying or selling team leader? What are the most significant challenges you must overcome to be a successful buying or selling team leader
Please explain a few factors that influences MNC organizational Structure.