- Analyze factors in the global environment that influence what leaders do in leading innovative organizations.
- Apply leadership models (see attachment: leadership models) and practices to support innovation in organizations.
- As a follow up to your paper (see attachment: the role of leaders), explore the application of your own discovery and delivery skills. How do they contribute to innovation and what can you do to further develop your skills?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:42 am ad1c9bdddf
There are multiple studies, which speculate the relationship between leadership, creativity, and innovation (Amabile 1998; Shalley and Gilson 2004), however, "there is little to be found within this body of research that evaluates leadership and different types of innovation. Given the way in which varying types of innovation unfold, it does not seem reasonable to think that leadership will affect all types of innovation in the same way" (Fredrich, Mumford, Vessey, Beeler, and Eubanks, 2010).
The behavioral trait, contingency theory, transformational, and transactional leadership are applied specifically when leaders involve their followers in the creative and innovative process. In my opinion, an organization is only as effective and efficient as the staff the organization chooses to employ. In the same regard, an organizations weak performance is the sole reflection of leadership and poor judgment. Sup par organizational performance stem from leaders neglect to build a strong relationship with staff. Leaders who are receptive to the needs of employees will discover significant increase in performance because employees want ...
The expert examines discover and delivery skills in innovations. Leadership models are applied for innovation organizations.
Analysis of Leaders in Innovative Companies
Using the case "The DNA of the World's Most Innovative Companies: How Does Your Company Stack Up?" by Jeffrey H. Dyer; Hal B. Gregersen; Clayton M. Christensen, address the following sections:
- A section that analyzes factors in the global environment that influenced Nayar's need to create a more innovative organization.
- A section that assesses Nayar's use of the five discovery skills and how he used those skills to create an innovative organization.
- A section that evaluates opportunities for Nayar to improve his use of the skills that encourage and support innovative organizations.
Dyer, J. H., Gregersen, H. B., & Christensen, C. M. (2011). The innovator's DNA: Mastering the five skills of disruptive innovators. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Publishing
Hitt, M. A., Haynes, K. T., & Serpa, R. (2010). Strategic leadership for the 21st century. Business Horizons, 53(5), 437-444.
Nayar, V. (2010). A maverick CEO explains how he persuaded his team to leap into the future. Harvard Business Review, 88(6), 110-113View Full Posting Details