Project management software is a very effective and functional tool that can assist project managers in maintaining controls over the project. How can this tool be used effectively for the projects?
Develop a list of tools and processes that you would use as the contractor of record for opening the new division office (telecommunication). Below are question to consider. Will you use subcontractors for different parts of the project? How will you maintain contact communication? How will you track progress, m
1. List and describe the four basic functions of an information system. List and describe three types of enterprise systems. 2. There are two fundamental requirements for managing business performance: being able to measure and knowing that your indicator is measuring the right thing. Explain each of these requirements and why
1. Planning is critical for successful project management. Describe the various strategies you would use if you were responsible for managing a college graduation ceremony in the spring. 2. Describe the importance of maintaining an accurate inventory and discuss how inventories have changed over the past 10 years. 3. Des
Using sources from the Internet, identify some of the problems faced by a company of your choosing as it moves toward, or operates as, a virtual organization. Does its operating as a virtual organization simply exacerbate old problems, or does it create new ones?
Please prepare a short thesis statement and sentence outline on the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) in the UH-60 program. Focus on specific areas in the COPQ. How is this UH-60 COPQ measured? What can the government do about the issue?
1. Given that companies operate in a global environment today, what impact does technology have on their operations? 2. What is forecasting and why is it an important key to successful project management? Provide an example of a project and discuss the type and approach of forecast you would use to produce that product or servi
Hi, I need help with this project. I need to find an article about disaster planning and recovery and write a three-page review of the article that includes the following information: - Briefly introduce and summarize the article - Identify the author's main points - Who is the author's intended audience? - What types of di
1. How do you decide if you will use composite scale score or a summated scale score? Justify your decision. How will you measure reliability, validity, and sensitivity? Explain how you will deal with ethical dilemmas during the research process (confidentiality, anonymity, conflicts of interest, informed consent, debriefing, ex
Prepare a project proposal for a fictional project. The base of the project is a Department Retreat. The proposal should take into account the technical considerations, management considerations, and pricing considerations. However, the project proposal does not have to include these since they will be added in a later projec
Question 2-52. Develop a fishbone diagram for the possible cause of your car not starting. Problem 2.5 The Omega Show Company manufactures a number of different styles of athletic shoes. Its biggest seller is the X-Pacer running show. In 2008 Omega implemented a quality-management program. The company's show production for t
Agile project management is getting popular in IT project management. What is agile project management? Do you think agile project management will work for your projects at work?
1. The contracting officer is responsible for selecting and negotiating appropriate contract types. What factors should the contracting officer consider when selecting and negotiating contract type? 2. Conducting market research is a vital part of the acquisition and contracting pre and post award process. To what extent
QUESTIONS: 1. Who may protest a government solicitation or contract for the procurement of property or services? When a contractor protests to a federal agency, what information must be included in the protest? 2. Define Corporate Administrative Contracting Officer (CACO). When is it appropriate to assign a CACO to admi
1. The three objectives of any Project are schedule (deadline), cost (budget), and scope (client requirements). Often, doing well with respect to one objective means compromising on at least one of the other two objectives. Choose one of these three objectives, and discuss a situation from your own experience, in which that obje
Discuss the following statements a. Define the Four Stages of the Negotiation Process and discuss what changes have taken place in the negotiation tactics since the 1950s. b. Explain why the Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA) is important in preparing the negotiation. c . Discuss the difference between
Let's say that our company has assigned you to work on a project plan for a new internal support system. This system will be expected to track financial aspects of your company's existing and proposed projects. In a proposal to the corporate management can you help me complete the following: Explain how balance sheets, inco
A couple of your cousins have heard from other family members that you are using Excel to organize the family reunion data and create invoices and labels. They have asked you if you can help them create a check registry for one of their projects. They have created a workbook for their project, and you decide to review the formul
I have drawn out and turned in an outline that did not turn out so well. I am trying to create a Research Proposal on the effects of employees that have to suddenly change from a 9-5, 5 days a week, weekends and holidays off to a 24/7 operation with only 15 employees being able to cover the hours. I believe I have mis-read infor
Assume that, at some point in your life, you will purchase a home or a car. When purchasing an item of this size and cost, there is much to be considered. You will need to take out a loan to purchase the item. When taking out a loan, there are many factors that you must consider. How much does the item cost, how much of a down p
Is it feasible and desirable to be able to correlate measurement of cost, schedule, and technical performance? Explain
"Never mix business with personal matters - it just leads to damage relationships, poor business decisions, or both." In what ways might this be a fair statement? In what ways is it unwise advice? Provide examples to support your views.
lets say that your company has seen important internal projects go off course during execution. After-the-fact analysis has revealed that the common factors are inadequate budget controls and inconsistencies in budget estimation. Senior management now believes that developing and integrating a set of standard control processes f
I previously was at a company that was primarily Windows server based; however, they had one old AIX operating system server. The server was very old, out of maintenance, and the risk had been weighed that they would not replace the hardware as they wanted to eventually replace the business application that ran on the server wi
Can you explain risk avoidance in you own words?
Describe the connections between culture and ethics. What is the potential for organizational culture to serve as a means of improving ethics in an organization? PRACTICAL APPLICATION: When has ethics been a speed bump for an organization of which you've been part? Or, on the reverse side, when has the culture of an organi
provide one more item that could be a potential cost for an I.T. project. Software license fees are a potential cost. If a packaged software solution is being purchased, such as a human resources system, instead of developing it in house, there will be software licensing fees from the vendor. The initial software licensing co
Describe how the Internet changed from a government research project into a technology for business users.
Risk management covers response, monitoring, controlling, prevention, and so forth. Above all else, it is concerned with project impact. •In view of the fact that various measures and techniques can be used to mitigate risks, do you think that project risks can be completely eliminated? Why or why not? •Although risk can
If Keeping track of project performance and taking corrective action when necessary has become a serious issue for project managers at your company. •If you are hired in the middle of a software project (the previous project manager was fired), what would you do to ensure that the project conforms to agreed-upon quality and