Following are data reporting progress on a project. Work on all tasks contained in the table is scheduled to be complete as of the day of the report.
Budget Begun? Complete? Actual cost Earned Value
Task A 3,100 Yes Yes 3,100
Task B 4,000 Yes Yes 4,500
Task C 2,500 Yes Yes 2,250
Task D 4,000 Yes No 3,500
Task E 3,500 Yes Yes 4,000
Task F 2,500 No No
1. Using the 50-50 Rule, what is earned value for this project?
2. Using the 0-100 Rule, what is earned value for this project?
3. Note the discrepancy of earned value figures when using the 50-50 Rule and 0-100 Rule. Why is there a discrepancy? Which Rule should we use? Explain your rationale.
4. Using the 50-50 Rule earned value computation, what is schedule variance for the project as reported?
5. What is the schedule performance index (SPI)?
6. Using the 50-50 Rule earned value computation, what is the cost variance for the project as reported?
7. What is the cost performance index (CPI)?
8. If the total budget for this project is 50,000, use CPI to compute estimate at complete (EAC).
9. Using the earned value information garnered from the above table, provide your boss a brief status report on project progress to date. Also, provide projections for future© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 20, 2018, 12:26 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution calculates the earned value, planned value, schedule variance, and the cost performance index.