What were some of the key factors that led to the adoption of SDLC in software and information system development? When was it first introduced, and when was it widely adopted? Course Textbook Brown, C. V., DeHayes, D. W., Hoffer, J. A., Martin, E. W., & Perkins, W. C. (2012). Managing information technology (7th ed.). Upper
What were some of the key factors that led to the adoption of SDLC in software and information system development? When was it first introduced, and when was it widely adopted?
Based on your reading and knowledge from other sources, in what ways has the phenomenon of the Internet influenced office automation?
1. What area of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) would save the most money while developing IT systems or enhancements? 2. What skill sets do you think IT professionals must have versus what end users expect from IT personnel (knowledge, logic, leadership, analytic mind, etc...)? Are they different?
1. Why do we organize AIS courses in terms of business processes? 2. How are the five generic parts of the AIS applied/exemplified within the context of the acquisition/payment process? 3. Which activities in Porter's value chain are associated with the various business processes discussed in this chapter?
Please help prepare a paper on the expansion of the role of the accountant into areas such as nonfinancial information, assurance services, and similar functions. Discuss the positives and negatives of this expansion within the profession.
Read "Six Steps to XBRL" by Phillips, Bahmanziari, and Colvard in the February 2008 issue of Journal of Accountancy. a. Is XBRL relevant to companies that don't file with the SEC? Justify your response. b. List the six steps the authors recommend for creating XBRL-tagged documents. c. How many XBRL-tagged filings did t
1. What are the basic principles and design considerations for a REA model? How does the REA model facilitate the design of a relational database? 2. What is XBRL? What is the relationship between XBRL and accounting information systems? 3. Why should organizations adopt XBRL?
What e-commerce type (B2B, B2C, C2C) do you think is the largest in dollars exchanging today? What does the merging of B2B and B2C within the company offer the customer and company? What is your opinion of cloud computing - will it eliminate or drastically decrease the need for users to buy the real application software on CD
Create a flow chart based on each of the following independent situations (one flowchart per situation) 1. Coris Catering Services -Cori is the owner and manager of a catering company, CSS provides complete meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), as well as an assortment of hot and cold appetizers and drinks, for groups of 12 to
Explain why a company should or should not share a common database for HR and finance applications. Is an ERP system a good fit for this? Does your company HR/Finance division offer an intranet information site and services for employees? Visit the Web site for one of the major enterprise resource planning (ERP) software vend
1. How are flowcharts used in accounting information systems? How are DFDs similar to flowcharts? How are they different? 2. What are the basic principles and design considerations for a DFD? 3. Think of a process that could be represented graphically. Then, map it out using either a flowchart or DFD.
- In your opinion, which of the strategies for gaining competitive advantage is most effective, and why? Which is least effective, and why? - Suppose you are the CEO of a mid-size company. Which information technologies would you be most likely to implement at your company, and why? - What do you see as the most significant pr
Please help with part 2 of this assignment. Just Healthy Food (JHF) 10/6/2014 Assignments Overview: In Assignment 2, you will write a non-technical report in which you provide answers to the Case Study Questions in detail. You will use the references chosen previously, adjusted appropriately according to assessment fee
- In your opinion, what are the most salient intellectual property issues raised by the use of IT? Explain. - Describe an experience or two you have had with ethical issues raised by IT use. How did you handle these issues or make decisions regarding them? - In your opinion, what steps can or should organizations take to prote
Enterprise systems integrate the functional systems such as accounting, finance, marketing, and operations. Another advantage of enterprise systems is that processes become more automated or totally automated, which increases efficiency. For example, by automating finance processes, a company can do things such as accept online
The explosion of information-driven self-serve options is evident in the gas stations, where customers pay, pump gas without ever seeing an employee; in the retail store, in the grocery store with self serve check out stands, at the airport where customers make reservations, pay for and print tickets without the help of an agent
Discussion 1: Conduct thorough research on each computer classification. In addition, address the following points: *Explain the computer classification of each operating system (OS). *Describe the software types. *Identify the generations of computer languages used. *Reflect on how the software types and computer la
* In your opinion, which of the strategies for gaining competitive advantage is most effective, and why? Which is least effective, and why? * Suppose you are the CEO of a mid-size company. Which information technologies would you be most likely to implement at your company, and why? * What do you see as the most significant
Lets say that the IT department of your company has begun to appreciate that its projects do not exist in a business vacuum. That is, your company must also commit resources to operations, shareholder returns, and non-IT projects for short- and long-term durations. It is therefore necessary to assess project risks from a financi
Just looking for a paragraph or two for each question to get a discussion going: 1) What do you think are the best ways to protect against failure when building systems? 2) Identify some settings in which you think each of the systems development approaches might make sense and explain why these approaches make sense withi
Case Study, Mixed Methods, and Program Evaluation This section discusses two distinct qualitative research methods: Case Study and Mixed Methods, while also addressing the role of qualitative research in the applied field of program evaluation. Create a Proposal Using information from course readings, create a "mini-propo
Just looking for one or two paragraphs for each question to get a discussion going: 1) After you read "Wasting Time: The New Digital Divide" (attached), explain the ethical issues involved with the digital divide. 2) Do social networking sites, e.g. MySpace and FaceBook, represent any ethical dilemmas? Why or why not?
I need some help in answering these two questions: 1- Cite two or three examples of other major federal policy initiatives or laws that affect health care information technology and evaluate the impacts of each on quality of care. 2 - What are some of the most significant implications of "pay-for-performance" initiatives in
What the advantages and disadvantages there are over traditional face-to-face (instructor-led) classroom training sessions. Also looking to address questions such as: What is the goal of implementing CBT technology? How can these goals and objectives be accomplished? What are some challenges when implementing this technolo
**Broke up into two listings so I could increase credits** Looking for 7-8 pages on how CBT programs have impacted the training process, what the advantages and disadvantages there are over traditional face-to-face (instructor-led) classroom training sessions. Also looking to address questions such as: What is the goal of i
Shipping Fruit. Wollmer Distribution Company collects fruit from several small farms in the region, consolidates its collections, and then ships the fruit to a regional wholesale fruit market by truck. Having made their collections, the company has in stock 57 tons of grapes, 62 tons of peaches, and 81 tons of bananas.
Watch this video featuring Scott Cook on expanding software globally(http://www.inc.com/welcome.html?destination=http://www.inc.com/chris-beier-and-daniel-wolfman/intuit-quicken-scott-cook-global-expansion-failed.html) Why did Intuit fail in initial global expansion efforts? In general, with regard to information systems,
Suppose you are asked to prepare a memo on workplace surveillance. Include discussions on legislation, controversies, and future direction. with references
Describe the services provided by a credit reporting service such as Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. How are these services provided? At least 75-100 words in length