1) Why are mobile systems important? 2) Describe a DBMS and its functions. List, at minimum, three of the popular DBMS products and give a brief description of each. 3) Explain what is meant by ERP and explain the primary purpose of an ERP system. Use examples to support your answer. 4) Explain what an information silo is
The current trend in many organizations is to use software service providers, also known as Software as a Service (SaaS). Is this a trend that should continue? What people, organization and technology factors should be considered when making this decision?
How do information systems (software systems), such as finance and accounting, marketing and sales, supply chain, support the major functions in an organization
1. What is General Mills company's mission and vision, as well as their major stakeholders ? 2. Analyze how General Mills represents and advances the goals of its stakeholders?.
1. Why is the service contract a permissible focal point for coupling in a service? What characteristics of the service contract will allow the service to evolve even when loosely coupled to logic and to customers? 2. Explain the type of coupling (and hence dependencies) that can be expected for task services, utility services,
Explain why the initial investment in using a SOA solution requires a high level of adoption to be worthwhile. What are the limitations of using SOA for short term software solutions instead of as a long-term commitment? Explain why reliance on legacy systems will limit the ability of an organization to adopt SOA on a large scal
Analyze Case Study II-5: "The CliptomaniaTM Web Store" (on pp. 308- 320 in the textbook) Discuss the strategic issues faced by the company in launching and developing their ebusiness venture. Provide your recommendations and analysis. Summarize your findings in a two-page paper using proper APA formatting. Information abou
What were some of the key factors that led to the adoption of SDLC in software and information system development? When was it first introduced, and when was it widely adopted? Course Textbook Brown, C. V., DeHayes, D. W., Hoffer, J. A., Martin, E. W., & Perkins, W. C. (2012). Managing information technology (7th ed.). Upper
What were some of the key factors that led to the adoption of SDLC in software and information system development? When was it first introduced, and when was it widely adopted?
Based on your reading and knowledge from other sources, in what ways has the phenomenon of the Internet influenced office automation?
1. What area of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) would save the most money while developing IT systems or enhancements? 2. What skill sets do you think IT professionals must have versus what end users expect from IT personnel (knowledge, logic, leadership, analytic mind, etc...)? Are they different?
1. Why do we organize AIS courses in terms of business processes? 2. How are the five generic parts of the AIS applied/exemplified within the context of the acquisition/payment process? 3. Which activities in Porter's value chain are associated with the various business processes discussed in this chapter?
Please help prepare a paper on the expansion of the role of the accountant into areas such as nonfinancial information, assurance services, and similar functions. Discuss the positives and negatives of this expansion within the profession.
1. Is ERP required if a company wants to engage in e-business? 2. What basic principles and terminology are commonly used when discussing e-business and ERP systems? 3. What is the CoBIT framework?
Read "Six Steps to XBRL" by Phillips, Bahmanziari, and Colvard in the February 2008 issue of Journal of Accountancy. a. Is XBRL relevant to companies that don't file with the SEC? Justify your response. b. List the six steps the authors recommend for creating XBRL-tagged documents. c. How many XBRL-tagged filings did t
1. What are the basic principles and design considerations for a REA model? How does the REA model facilitate the design of a relational database? 2. What is XBRL? What is the relationship between XBRL and accounting information systems? 3. Why should organizations adopt XBRL?
What e-commerce type (B2B, B2C, C2C) do you think is the largest in dollars exchanging today? What does the merging of B2B and B2C within the company offer the customer and company? What is your opinion of cloud computing - will it eliminate or drastically decrease the need for users to buy the real application software on CD
Create a flow chart based on each of the following independent situations (one flowchart per situation) 1. Coris Catering Services -Cori is the owner and manager of a catering company, CSS provides complete meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), as well as an assortment of hot and cold appetizers and drinks, for groups of 12 to
Explain why a company should or should not share a common database for HR and finance applications. Is an ERP system a good fit for this? Does your company HR/Finance division offer an intranet information site and services for employees? Visit the Web site for one of the major enterprise resource planning (ERP) software vend
1. How are flowcharts used in accounting information systems? How are DFDs similar to flowcharts? How are they different? 2. What are the basic principles and design considerations for a DFD? 3. Think of a process that could be represented graphically. Then, map it out using either a flowchart or DFD.
Why do you think a company's investment in the company internet site can provide a competitive advantage?
Please tell me what Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) or Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) are all about. Be sure to give an example of the application thank you.
- In your opinion, which of the strategies for gaining competitive advantage is most effective, and why? Which is least effective, and why? - Suppose you are the CEO of a mid-size company. Which information technologies would you be most likely to implement at your company, and why? - What do you see as the most significant pr
Please help with part 2 of this assignment. Just Healthy Food (JHF) 10/6/2014 Assignments Overview: In Assignment 2, you will write a non-technical report in which you provide answers to the Case Study Questions in detail. You will use the references chosen previously, adjusted appropriately according to assessment fee
- In your opinion, what are the most salient intellectual property issues raised by the use of IT? Explain. - Describe an experience or two you have had with ethical issues raised by IT use. How did you handle these issues or make decisions regarding them? - In your opinion, what steps can or should organizations take to prote
Enterprise systems integrate the functional systems such as accounting, finance, marketing, and operations. Another advantage of enterprise systems is that processes become more automated or totally automated, which increases efficiency. For example, by automating finance processes, a company can do things such as accept online
The explosion of information-driven self-serve options is evident in the gas stations, where customers pay, pump gas without ever seeing an employee; in the retail store, in the grocery store with self serve check out stands, at the airport where customers make reservations, pay for and print tickets without the help of an agent
Discussion 1: Conduct thorough research on each computer classification. In addition, address the following points: *Explain the computer classification of each operating system (OS). *Describe the software types. *Identify the generations of computer languages used. *Reflect on how the software types and computer la
* In your opinion, which of the strategies for gaining competitive advantage is most effective, and why? Which is least effective, and why? * Suppose you are the CEO of a mid-size company. Which information technologies would you be most likely to implement at your company, and why? * What do you see as the most significant
Lets say that the IT department of your company has begun to appreciate that its projects do not exist in a business vacuum. That is, your company must also commit resources to operations, shareholder returns, and non-IT projects for short- and long-term durations. It is therefore necessary to assess project risks from a financi