Each question needs to be answered in 600 words or more. Please provide a full justification for your reasoning and references. 1. A woman hired as a prison librarian complained about harassment by a supervisor from another agency that operated at the prison. The behavior that was the subject of her complaint, some of which
Please help provide observations about the state of Michigan government & administration.
Read each case and decide how the court should rule. Fully explain your reasoning for the decision. Provide references. 1. Gail Davis worked as an executive assistant to Motown legend Diana Ross. After about a year, the woman voluntarily resigned. About a year later, Diana Ross wrote and distributed the following letter:
1. A fifty-three director of an assisted living facility was terminated. Top managers regularly made statements such as Silver Oaks should be a "youth-oriented company," there was "no room for dead wood," Silver Oak was a "young company" that "enjoys hiring energetic people," the company was "missing the boat by not hiring more
1. What are the pros of Affirmative Action? Cite and discuss a relevant case where Affirmative Action was justified. 2. What are the cons of Affirmative Action? Cite and discuss a relevant case where Affirmative Action was enforced to the detriment of the most qualified employee? 3. In your opinion, what does the future ho
1. An employee signs a document acknowledging that they read and fully understand the employee handbook. Shouldn't an employer be bound by anything written in an employee handbook when disciplining or discharging the employee? 2. Is it fair for an employer to change or modify the handbook at their discretion?
1. How often should an organization's vision/mission be changed in light of strategy evaluation activities? Explain you rationale. 2. What does the concept of corporate social responsibility mean for businesses? What sort of conflicts does corporate social responsibility create for corporations? Is there a conflict between
I would like help comparing the district courts of Michigan and California, including information on funding source and what happens on each level.
You are a new associate at the law firm of Dewey, Chetum, and Howe. John, a former researcher at PharmaCARE, comes to your office. He has concerns about PharmaCARE's use of AD23, one of the company's top-selling diabetes drugs. Two years ago, after PharmaCARE's research indicated that AD23 might also slow the progression of Alzh
Are job descriptions a necessary tool within an organization? How does a job description help organize and align an organization's infrastructure? Can a job description be used to identify operation gaps or requirements required by the entity? Why or why not?
Review the information on Pendleton Act of 1883. Hypothesize three to four (3-4) revisions that a law maker could consider in order to improve performance and eliminate political influence in today's government agencies. Provide a rationale for your response. The Hatch Act defines prohibited activities of public employees. An
PharmaCARE (We CARE about YOUR health®) is one of the world's most successful pharmaceutical companies, enjoying a reputation as a caring, ethical and well-run company that produces high-quality products that save millions of lives and enhance the quality of life for millions of others. The company offers free and discounted dr
Imagine you are a recently-hired Chief Operating Officer (COO) in a midsize company preparing for an Initial Public Offering (IPO). You quickly discover multiple personnel problems that require your immediate attention. 1. John posted a rant on his Facebook page in which he criticized the company's most important customer. 2.
Please help in writing a sample escrow cancellation letter from as a buyer in the following scenario: The buyer will not move forward and complete the deal of purchasing a xyz restaurant due to lease terms of 10 years instead of 15 years. The buyer has initially asked for a 15 years lease and before the start of escrow, the
The social function of business ethics is implicit in leading business ethics foundation theories. For this question, you will research and respond to questions related to corporate ethics scandals, unethical behavior, and the impact of Sarbanes-Oxley Legislation (SOX). Look for a recent body of research in the area of corporate
Identify instances of whistleblowing in publicly traded companies within the last 12 months. 1. Describe the key characteristics of a whistleblower, and briefly summarize one (1) researched instance of whistleblowing in one (1) publicly traded company within the last 12 months. Include the details of the issue that the whist
Instructions: Working in the health industry, one will be faced with certain ethical dilemmas even though they're not providing direct patient care. Below is a fictitious ethical dilemma that someone working in the business-side of health care might face. Read the case study (you may use articles provided for background informat
What is the hazard communication standard? Explain how this standard applies to the workplace. What should employers do in order to be compliant with this standard? What are the possible implications to an employer for failure to adhere to this standard? Your response should be at least 300 words in length. You must use at le
Read the Hoffman v. Caterpillar case. What were the two legal issues in this case? What did the court decide? For each issue, explain the issue and give the rationale/analysis and the conclusion reached by the court (in your own words). Was it decided fairly, in your opinion? Why, or why not? What, if anything, should the employ
Do you think that Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 was the right reaction to the accounting scandals associated with Enron and WorldCom and in light of 2008-2009 accounting scandals, has it been effective in preventing accounting misconduct? What are some of the criticisms and praise of the act?
1 - Consider the following two situations and describe the recommendations the internal auditors should make to prevent the problems presented: a. Many employees of a firm that manufactures small tools pocket some of the tools for their personal use. Because the quantities taken by any one employee are immaterial, the individ
Find three professional organizations or companies that reference COSO ERM on their website. Summarize what they discuss and give the link to the webpage. Critique each organization's ERM discussion and recommend corrections or improvement to their risk management efforts or ideas.
At least 700 words. Please include in-text citations and references. Explanation how each business structure might and might not be advantageous. - Three types of business structure are sole proprietorship, partnership, and corporation. - Types of corporate business structures include General corporations,
An employee approaches human resources with concerns that he/she is the victim of workplace bullying. In reviewing the situation, the human resource employee determines that there does not appear to be any Title VII discrimination evident. Even if the employee does not have a legitimate action under Title VII, are there any othe
Do Corporations have the same free speech as persons?
Expound on recent articles about Advertising Regulation. Please cite at least 3-5 sources. 450+ words. I apologize in advance for the short suspense; what I have developed just doesn't appear to be adequate and maybe your insight will give me growth. Thanks in advance.
Discuss the following: Procedural History, Facts, Issue, Answer/Holding, Reasoning and Disposition. Please see the attached case
1. Describe in detail the process for obtaining legal informed consent from a patient. Explain specifically what must be covered and documented on the medical record. 2. How are crimes distinguished from civil wrongs? List and briefly discuss three of the six listed elements of criminal procedure and discuss at least one il
1. Please explain the importance of having Article 2 UCC provisions to identify who bears the risk of loss and whether you think the UCC has sufficiently provided remedies to for all possible situations. 2. Discuss the importance of UCC provisions that protect against bad faith, excessive prices and remedy meddling. Has
You are the public relations director for Robins in late 1972. Some disquieting information has come to you about the far-higher-than-expected physician complaints about the Shield. Top management has so far been concerned about such reports, especially because of Food and Drug Administration complacency. Develop a plan of actio