Alan is a collector of rare stamps. While visiting Bob's house, Alan notices an old envelope on Bob's desk with an old stamp on it. Alan tells Bob he will pay him $500 for the stamp, believing the stamp is worth $15,000. Bob tells Alan he will think about it and checks out the stamp with Charles, his brother, who happens to
2. Which of the following are employers required to provide to plan participants under ERISA Plan information (i.e., features and funding). A grievance and appeals process for participants to get benefits from their plans. The right to sue for benefits and breaches of fiduciary duty. Plan information (i.e., features and f
A 4 paragraph in 2 papers analyzing a contract, merely reference the title of the contract (which is Sale of Goods Agreement) in the report. A four paragraph typed summary of the contract must be attached which discusses any features of the contract that were covered in the text. The first paragraph is to be a summary of the ent
1) Use the attached reading for question 1 Read Wrench LLC v. Taco Bell Corporation Respond to the three Case Questions found on page 188. Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions as noted in the Critical Legal Thinking, Ethics, and contemporary Business questions. Argue both sides of all iss
You're on the Jury: The Case of the Politically Incorrect Sign Disturbed by the number and variety of signs that individuals were putting up within its borders, a City passed an ordinance prohibiting all signs on private property except in commercial areas for advertising. Sam, a homeowner, pasted a sign on the front door of
In regards to the Nestle baby formula issue. Why or why not the response was appropriate, ethical or legal?. What might the company have done better and why. References/citations 1000 words to 1500 words
As stated by one interview that "Until environmental conditions become a commodity themselves or are being traded then it comes come in to their physcy." We are never told the real issues that are happening behind the big money makers, until a catastrophe happens. It was truly amazing how many corporate companies were found guil
A corporation is a legal construct with an identity separate and apart from its owner(s). The primary legal advantage to converting one's business from an unincorporated enterprise to the corporate form is the ability to avoid personal liability for the business's financial obligations. Since the corporation is distinguishable f
To what extent should government regulate business practices?
1) Using the attached reading "question 1" Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is seeking your opinions as noted in the Critical Legal Thinking, Ethics, and Contemporary Business; argue both sides of all three issues. 2) Using the attached reading "question 2" Brief the facts of the case and assume your boss is
A two paragraph paper. The first paragraph must be a summary of this article. (How the Safeway-Albertsons merger enabled Haggen to grow to 9 times its size in 4 months). The second paragraph must discuss the relevance of the article to The Sherman Antitrust Act, and indicate the part that is being used. You can see Example of
12. Stacy, located in Florida, is entering into a contract with Natasha, located in Russia, for the purchase of snow globes to sell to people who do not typically get to see snow. Stacy is familiar with the UCC but uneasy about what law would apply should she have a dispute with Natasha regarding the contract. She would like for
1. If goods identified to a contract are destroyed before risk passes to the buyer, the seller must obtain substitute goods. True or false 2. A buyer who has accepted goods may later revoke the acceptance if the buyer can show that the defects substantially impair the value of the goods. True or False 4. A buyer who has acce
Aristotle Mythos is having a "mid-life crisis," in large part because he is 50 years old, and he realizes that most people do not live to be 100. In an attempt to conquer his depression, and to prove that he is equivalent to a 20-year-old (at least in spirit,) Mythos plans to climb Mount Zeus, the highest peak in his ancestor's
the following is true regarding the defense of Sally and her parents that the car was a necessary? The claim will have no effect because the law does not recognize the concept of necessaries when minors are involved. Social status is always irrelevant in addressing a claim that an item was a necessary. Whether or not paren
Mike Plasma is in the market for a new "big screen" flat-panel television. While reviewing the Sunday newspaper, he notices a full-page advertisement from "TV Town." The advertisement includes a 45-inch flat-panel television for $299. Surprised by the remarkably low price, and eager to purchase his new luxury item, Plasma make
7. Which of the following is true regarding the privileges and immunities clause of the U.S. Constitution? a. Under the clause, a state cannot prohibit nonresidents from opening restaurants in the state. b. Under the clause, a state can allow state universities to charge higher tuition to out-of-state students because re
Should Linde be discharged on the grounds of commercial impracticability? United Aluminum Corporation (UAC) manufactured aluminum coil. For many years, Linde supplied UAC with the nitrogen it needed for its manufacturing processes. The companies signed a long-term contract in 1997, which said, in part: Linde agrees that at U
Are the UCC'S rules related to cure sensible? If a seller ships goods that are not what you ordered, should you (in many circumstances) be required to give them a chance to make it right?
1. When a federal agency receives a notice of protest filed directly with the General Accountability Office (GAO), a contract may be award under the following circumstances except...: a. Untimely award would delay project completion date b. Authorized in accordance with agency procedures c. Head of contracting activity conse
Facts: Franz Grunbaum was a Jewish man who lived In Vienna before World War 11. In 1938, the Nazis imprisoned him in the Dachau concentration camp, where he died three years later. The Nazis also confiscated his property, which included a valuable drawing. This drawing changed hands several times until it was eventually sold to
Can someone help with "outlining the protocol for performance service agreements greater than 1 Million projects" for contractors? Please outline all the points in the protocol and provide some new ideas. It should include what is required before developing a performance service agreement for contractor greater than a 1 Mill
Please answer the questions related to the case Boy Scouts of America vs. James Dale. 1. Do you agree with the court's decision? 2. Do you believe the dissenting opinion has any validity? 3. Some people do not acknowledge their homosexuality. However, Dale did. Should a screening process be allowed to discover who is a ho
- Discuss apparent authority, generally. - Include an understanding of risk management. - Discuss the relationship between physician and hospital (or other authority/agency). - What conclusions would you as a health administrator make about the relationship between physician and agency? - How can health administrators help t
The line between accepting gifts and taking bribes may not always be clear. For instance, if a data processing manager decides to purchase mainframe computers for his or her company, it is unethical or illegal for him or her to accept a percentage of the sales as a gift from the seller. Some data processing managers may accept m
Types of Intellectual Property and Their Protections Today's legally astute managers recognize the need to protect their rights in intellectual property. Intellectual property is any property resulting from intellectual, creative processes—the products of an individual's mind. The information contained in books and computer
Compare and contrast common law contracts and the UCC Article 2.
Limited Liability Companies. John, Lesa, and Trevor form a limited liability company. John contributes 60% of the capital, and Lesa and Trevor each contribute 20%. Nothing is decided about how profits will be divided. John assumes that he will be entitled to 60% of the profits, in accordance with his contribution. Lesa and Trevo
What are the characteristics of corporations? What are the incorporation procedures? Explain the articles of incorporation and bylaws.
What are the types of contracts? How are contracts formed? What contracts must be in writing? Are oral contracts as binding as written contracts? Why are some contracts required to be in writing. What is the statute of frauds? What problems occur with enforcement of oral contracts?