In 500 words, describe what intake you can get from a sociology class. Demonstrate how to apply locus of control and how you take the external and make it as internal.
This solution gives a brief summary of the KKK and society. It links organizational and operational parallels between Al Qaeda and the Ku Klux Klan.
Offers a few paragraphs and references on how terrorism, in general, affects society.
Please assist with the following topic based on reference reading book Modaff, D.P. , Butler, J. A., & DeWine, S. (2008). Organizational Communication: Foundations, Challenges, and Misunderstandings, 3d ed.) : 1. Taking a historical viewpoint, discuss the evolution of the topic of complex organizations over the years. That is,
1. What is structuration theory, and why is this theoretical perspective unique in comparison to the other theoretical perspectives you have covered in this course? 2. In which ways does the socialization process within organizations support the validity of structuration theory? Please provide at least one concrete example to
1. Why is wealth inequality, in particular differences in home ownership & Property values, an important part of the story of racial inequality in the US? 2. What specific policies, programs, & practices contributed to postwar housing inequalities? 3. Given this history, what do you think some of the racial implications of the
Well the US Bureau of the Census just noted that there are NO all white neighborhoods in the USA anymore. There are some all black neighborhoods but the level of housing segregation has obviously changed over the last thirty years. Isn't this a sign that racism indeed has lessened over the last two decades? Your comments?
What forces contributed to the cultural makeup of early civilizations? What social issues arose because of this cultural makeup? What were the main cultural influences on early civilizations? Do you believe that revisionist history is a good thing or a bad thing? Explain your response.
1. Define critical theory, and explain how this perspective can help you understand organizational power. 2. Applying your definition of critical theory, explain how this theoretical perspective can help explain how certain organizations develop a very authoritarian hierarchical culture. Provide at least one relevant example
Attached is an article about a bill passed by the GOP led House as an example of how there is a distinct appeal to an anti-immigrant sentiment. Let me note - this does NOT mean that all conservatives are closet racists or anti-immigrant or homophobic - only that there is a base within that party which indeed harbors those feelin
According to Robert Merton (Merton's paradigm), what is the category that identifies somebody that is NOT prejudiced but still discriminates. Is this possible? What is a timid bigot? Does Allport's Theory suggest that prejudice MUST be present prior to discrimination occurring? Any examples?
What would be the key considerations to opening an online counseling practice? What potential risks would be considered willing and unwilling to accept to make the practice was successful? What would be any pertinent laws from the state of Texas that may relate to the provision of online therapy?
How would a functionalist, conflict theorist, symbolic interactionist, and feminist answer the following question: Why do men hold the most powerful economic and political positions across the globe? What social policies would theorists from each of these groups offer as mechanisms to make this situation more gender equitable?
Based on your own experiences describe how you define "family?" Why you define family in this way? Based on your definition explain who you consider to be a part of your family? 2) What values, beliefs, and aspects of your upbringing influence your understanding of "family?" 3) Discuss whether your personal experiences me
What do social and physical scientists think about the concept of race. Is race a sound biological concept? What is meant by the Social Construction of Reality as regards our perceptions of racial differences?
1. What are the key components of the learning organization, and how do these relate to the principles of systems theory? 2. Based upon the concept of the learning organization, provide (1) a detailed example of a company that failed to adapt to a changing environment and (2) a detailed example of one that succeeded in adapting
Please assist with the following with at least 400 words answer (based on reference reading book Modaff, D.P. , Butler, J. A., & DeWine, S. (2008). Organizational Communication: Foundations, Challenges, and Misunderstandings, 3d ed.) : Consider the following scenario: You are a plant foreperson at a highly-productive and com
Click on www.about-face.org and read through the top 10 winners and offenders. Discuss gender concepts, the media as socialization, and 2 ways to improve gender equity for our youth.
Example of how at least one contemporary company has successfully employed scientific management principles.
1. Making direct reference to your reading assignments, explain what is meant by the machine metaphor of modern organizations. How does this machine metaphor of organizations apply to Weber's concept of bureaucracy? 2. Please provide a detailed example of how at least one contemporary company has successfully employed scientifi
Group description Identify the group. Social group or organization Describe the function of the social group. Authority and hierarchy Describe authority and hierarchical patterns within the group. Social patterns Describe social patterns you might find within the group, and explain their social significance.
I need guidance in the area of research and article analysis. I have completed this task but would like other samples for comparison to insure that I am on the right track. I have to locate and evaluate research conducted by others. Part of my practice is that I have to select an article of your choice that aligns with my
How should True and False questions be answered?
Identify and describe Erikson's stages of development as each applies to your own personality formation. How did success at one stage prepare you for meeting the next challenge.
I need help in an analytical review of Alain DeBotton's book 'Status Anxiety'. An analytical book review is one that does considerably more than summarize the work. I do not want a summary. Instead, what we are after here is a reasoned and thoughtful reaction to the book; an analysis of both its content and its larger meaning.
How did changes in the status of women in the developed countries affect their demographic histories?
Do you think that the union movement will continue to decline, or can this current trend be reversed? Do workers still need unions? What would happen if there were no unions?
What are some examples of groupthink in American history? Have you ever found yourself seeking to conform in a group situation that resulted in a narrow view of some issue?
Select a bureaucracy with which you are familiar and analyze the extent to which it is accurately described by Weber's six-point ideal-type model. How would you account for any variations you may have identified?
Divorce If this was your client, what would you say and do? Be specific. Why would respond that way? What are your personal values on this ethical issue? Relate the ethical principles of autonomy, nonmaleficence, beneficence, and fidelity to this case. Doing it my way If this was your client, what would you say a
Imagine your boss has decided that all phone calls, e-mails, and other communications will be recorded and monitored. What assumptions is the boss making about the employees? Is such monitoring justified morally? Is it a good idea as a management tool?