1) Why are ccompensation packages for expatriates more complicated than those for domestic employees? 2) Why would a company choose to source raw materials, componets, or other products or services from a foreign supplier? what are the strengths and weaknesses of using foreign suppliers?
What is Variable Pay and 5 types of compensation that could be included in a Variable Pay plan? What specific type of variable pay would you develop for each department of the Riordan organization and why would you choose that type of pay
Any help with these questions would be much appreciated. Case Study is attached. Thank you. 1. Do you believe that whistle-blowing is good for organizations and its members, or is it, as David Stetler believes, often a means to extort financial gains from companies? 2. How might self-fulfilling prophecy affect a whistle
Word about your wisdom must be spreading, because you are asked to lunch by another seminar participant. He has been hired as an OD consultant for a small privately owned property management company which has 30 residential properties in 10 states, each of which has been run by 10 on-site staff members. The apartment sites are s
What is an externality? Can you give an example of a positive externality and another of a negative externality? In what way does the patent system help society solve an externality problem?
Learning is characterized as "any relatively permanent change in behavior that occurs as a result of experience". This also means that it also happens outside of schools, e.g. at workplaces. Give us an example of such a "lesson" that helped you to improve your job performance. Try to generalize this isolated experience of
"University Physician Compensation" Physicians practicing in eastern University's hospital have the following compensation agreement. Each doctor bills the patient (or Blue Cross Blue Shield) for his or her services. The doctor pays for all direct expenses incurred in the clinic, including nurses, medical malpractice insura
Based on the attached chart please address the following in 500 or more words. Compensation plans for the sales people ONLY not marketing people. Compensation plans for sales personnel. How can sales personnel be compensated so that they are motivated within each of the areas by both monetary and non-monetary means? How can
1. List three positions where wages are paid in terms of an annual salary. Why do these positions pay a salary instead of an hourly wage? 2. List three positions where wages are paid in terms of an hourly rate. Why do these positions pay an hourly rate instead of a salary? 3. Which law regulates the determination of the fo
Identify and discuss potential compensation components offered to an employee of a US business who is being given the opportunity to take a job at a foreign work site. APA format.
(compensation and benefits) Compare and contrast cash-balance, defined benefits and defined contribution plans. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? why are organizations making increased use of them? 200-300 words APA format.
What are the major components of an executive compensation plan 200-300 words APA format.
Congressman Barney Frank introduced H.R. 42918, "The Protection Against Executive Compensation Abuse Act" to address concern over escalating CEO compensation. The legislation doesn't set any limits on individual CEO compensation but increases the requirements for the amount of information that needs to be provided to shareholder
C&DS6-5, Chapter 6 in "Fundamentals of Financial Accounting". Assume you work as an Accountant in the merchandising division of a large public company that makes and sells athletic clothing. To encourage the merchandising division to earn as much profit on each individual sale as possible, the division manager's pay is based,
I am taking a human resources class and need assistance in developing a five-year compensation schedule for a Data Entry Specialist.
The Role of an Effective Compensation Package As the head of the HR department, you are required to develop a new compensation and benefits package to enhance recruiting and retention in the organization with the strategic objective of increasing overall production within the organization 25% over the next 5 years. If you do
1. Angela Lacy, an African American employee in your accounts receivable department, has filed a charge of discrimination, alleging she was unfairly passed over for promotion and regularly receives smaller pay increases than do employees who perform less well (she alleges). You have to go to your boss, the VP of HR, and explain
Can you help me get started on the following assignment? Prepare a 750-1,000-word executive summary in which you identify and analyze at least two to three occupational health and safety issues. Be sure to examine the occupation health and safety legislation that could possibly impact your selected Virtual Organization. Addit
Silver, Inc: IRS issue with unreasonable compensation. Recalculate income tax as the IRS has, and explain the calculations.
1. Michael is the President and sole shareholder of Silver, Inc. a regular corporation. The corporation reported taxable income of $1,200,000, after deducting Michael's $1,000,000 salary. If the IRS disallows $600,000 of the salary as unreasonable compensation, the corporation's regular income tax will change by an: A. $204,0
In March 2004, the pension plan of the Utility Workers Union of America proposed changing the corporate bylaws of Dominion Resources, Inc., so that in the future, management had to get shareholder approval of executive pay exceeding $1 million, as well as detailed information about the firm's executive incentive plans. Many unio
1.) A common compensation term used today is "total rewards." What does it mean to you and do you see value in it? 2.) Another common compensation term is "pay-for-performance." What does it mean and how could your current organization better use the philosophy? 3.) What benefit that your company provides is th
This solution explores the ethical issues and considerations that have the potential to influence an organization's compensation decisions. This solution further investigates the ethical dilemmas a company faces when developing a compensation strategy.
For many people, today's pay issues have become synonymous with ethics issues.Where is the ethical bottom line in compensation policy? Propose an ethical standard or statement as a model for any company. Try to build consensus on what language best reflects the ethical standard for paying employees today. Do not limit your discu
(1) EatNGas, Inc., founded in 1991, is a family-owned corporation with 15 combination convenience store/gas station locations and approximately 150 employees. A store manager is responsible for each store location. All accounting, budgeting, payroll, human resources, bulk ordering, energy corporation franchising, and overhead co
Communicating Compensation and Benefits Policy Pay and bonuses are the things that get talked about most-yet are also the things about which we are asked to keep quiet. If a total compensation policy is solid, why would you not want to be honest and tell your employees and customers exactly what you are doing? Here are yo
III.) Analyze and Evaluate Alternatives (Chris) A. What area do problems exist? 1.) What caused them?/ Executives falsifying records 2.) Why?/To prevent harm to stakeholders B. Strengths and weaknesses of the processes 1.) Effectiveness of managerial competencie
1. Fix price Compensation Pricing Strategy 2. Incentive based Compensation Pricing Strategy 3. Cost Plus Compensation Pricing Strategy 4. Time & Material Compensation Pricing Strategy
Web sources, consultants, word of mouth, and formal surveys are all sources of information used to determine competitive position in compensation. We have all heard the phrase, "I am underpaid." And, many of us have heard the response, "If you can get it elsewhere, go for it." So what market data is most relevant to determine a
Can you help explain the application of Unemployment Compensation in the current employment environment and describe the impetus of Unemployment Compensation as well as how it evolved from organized labor activity into a more widespread application?
The use of force field analysis will help the consultants to demonstrate the range of forces pressing on an organization at a particular time.
The use of force field analysis will help the consultants to demonstrate the range of forces pressing on an organization at a particular time. The analysis can increase organization optimism that is possible to strategize and plan for change. As a consultant should apply Lewins theory to your work. To demonstrate you understand