See the attached documents.
Should there be regulation of executive compensation in the health insurance industry. Should there be any limitations on executive compensation in the health insurance industry?
I have attached the references to refer to and use below.
Bierema, L. (2003, Spring). Systems thinking: A new lens for old problems. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, Supplement 1, 23 (2).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 2:20 am ad1c9bdddf
Executive compensation in the health insurance industry continues to be under scrutiny and criticism. In regards to the regulation of executive compensation, it serves to start by acknowledging that it is tied to the system as a whole. Defining the meaning of a system gives that systems consist of two or more parts, each affecting each other over time as they attempt to fulfill a common purpose. The health insurance industry is one that is known to make a lot of money from the premiums that its shareholders contribute. In essence, running or managing a health insurance company is not an easy feat, with executive compensation tied equivalently to the performance of such companies. Each part of a system is said to combines in the effort to provide unique functions.
All organizations need to be viewed as systems of inter connectivity, with each part having elements of critical reflection, dialogue and questioning. It is evident that the questioning behind executive compensation lies in the notion that the compensations are linked to the rising premiums and subsequent costs of care. Regulation of executive compensation is seen to have a direct ...
The solution provides an analysis of the health care industry.
Healthcare Management Issues Detailed
Provide a review of these issues in a 7-8 page paper in which you:
1. Provide a detailed description of the issues that you have researched. Use any given issue.
2. Analyze the most significant economic effects of the researched issues on healthcare industry. Provide at least two (2) examples of these issues to support your response.
3. Suggest specific strategies that relevant entities / stakeholders may use to address the selected issues from an economic perspective. Justify your response.
4. Determine the strategic manner in which the United States can apply best economic best practices from other countries in addressing these issues.
5. Assess the likelihood of government and or private sector effectively addressing the issues.
6. Use at least ten (10) current references. Five (5) of these references must be from current peer-reviewed sources to support and substantiate your comments and perspectives.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this paper are:
Analyze the factors that are influencing the demand and supply of health care services in the U.S.
Compare and contrast the U.S. health care system with the health care system of other countries.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in health economics.
Write clearly and concisely about health economics using proper writing mechanics.