Describe a recent online purchase and a recent brick and mortar purchase. Discuss how the three resource costs of time, monetary, and energy/paycheck affected your decision to purchase each.
As an organizational leader investing your company's cash, would you choose stocks, bonds, or derivatives for investment purposes? Please explain in detail why you chose to invest in the financial method you selected. Please make sure you take into account the current economic environment both in the U.S. and worldwide economy.
Now that you have reviewed the anatomy and physiology of reproduction, let's continue to investigate the influence of the stress response on human reproductive function. We will begin by investigating the interactions between hormones responsible for regulating female reproductive cycles and the stress hormones. First read so
A folk proverb warns: 'Too many cooks spoil the broth'. Particularly in a small kitchen, there is almost no way around this problem. There are too many people working with not enough room, not enough tools and usually not enough time to do the job the best it can be done. But is this always the way that it works in industry? In
Old buildings can be terrific structures. In some cases, they may possess a level of craftsmanship lacking in many modern constructions. In others, they may possess an important historical significance. However, if the buildings were constructed before the age of electricity, renovators must make certain modifications to keep th
1. Can you explain how you might disseminate conclusions and recommendations for the elimination of pre-existing conditions as criteria for non-coverage that affect the public? Can you provide examples to support your explanation? What would you do to ensure that your stakeholders clearly understand your recommendations and are
1. Describe in detail a problem at work, persuading and convincing the reader that it needs fixing. 2. Provide a detailed description of two (2) possible solutions ("alternatives") that could be implemented to resolve the problem identified in Question 1. 3. Describe five (5) criteria that you will use to measure the w
Define the terms enteric nervous system and microbiome. Then read the article about the Gut-brain axis: How the microbiome influences anxiety and depression by Foster and Neufeld (2013) in Trends in Neuroscience. Explain how our microbiome contributes to digestion and how microbes can activate pathways in the CNS. How does this
Register and initiate a focused job search using industry key words and archive results using Fresh Transitions Use Optimal Résumé to complete two specific activities: the résumé builder and interview preparation. Conduct a practice interview either on your own (using flashcards with prepared questions). Then develop a we
We will investigate the effects of stress on the digestive system, including its effect on *regulating blood sugar levels. As you can see, dysregulation of blood sugar levels can cause metabolic problems and unusually high or low blood sugar levels, such as in diabetes. View the trends for **diabetes in America demonstrated in t
Explain: 1. Which factors contributed to an increase in HR, and 2. Which factors contributed to a decrease in HR Answer the following: 1. What is the risk of stress on the heart? 2. What are the contributions of the nervous system to the increased workload that the heart experiences when an individual is stressed? 3. Do
W. Edwards Deming, often referred to as the leading quality guru in the United States, and psychologist Alfie Kohn support the idea that incentive pay is not a motivator for individuals to do a good job. Yet economists argue that incentive compensation does work and as economist George Baker notes in his 1993 article in the Harv
Identify a story from the popular media in which poor communication was the cause of negative outcomes in a business setting. What went wrong? From the perspective of a communications office, tell (1) how the negative impact(s) could have been proactively avoided and (2) how specific after-the-fact interpersonal and organization
1. Can you identify and explain the sampling design that could be used in evaluating how the Veterans Health Admin curtail delays in Vets receiving medical appointments and how the design addresses issues of validity and reliability. 2. Can you identify and explain what type of sampling design could be used and in your opinion
If fixed manufacturing overhead costs are released from inventory under absorption costing, what does this tell you about the level of production in reduction in relation to the level of sales?
1. Can you provide a description of the qualitative data and the analytical tools and techniques that would be most useful for evaluating the problem of how the Veterans Health Administration curtail delays in veterans receiving medical appointments. 2. Would you justify the use of these tools and techniques, and explain why
In this module's SLP assignment, you will take a break from the anatomy and physiology of stress to analyze the work you have done so far, specifically in your Module 3 Case Assignment. The readings you accomplished for Module 3's Case Assignment are quite new scientific theories that are currently being tested by scientists
1. Can you provide an explanation of the types of data that may be used in assisting with the elimination of pre-existing conditions as criteria for non-coverage has affected the public? 2. Can you explain which research method might be best if you were to collect data for this subject and why. 3. Can you provide an explanati
The Physiology of Stress: Cortisol and the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis in the Dartmouth Undergraduate Journal of Science and read the section related to the immune system in closer detail. Using this as a starting point, complete the requirements below using paragraph format to address each topic: Paragraph 1: Introdu
In any business, the quality of decisions is often related to the quality of information. For instance, effective product marketing entails combining the right offering (keeping in mind that products are bundles of attributes and different bundles, or combinations of attributes, will appeal to different prospective buyers) with
Ordering off a menu is a very different process if you are ordering your own meal or if you are working on a group order that will be split amongst a number of people. If you are alone, you can use one set of criteria: What do you like? What are you hungry for? What have you had at this restaurant in the past that was good? If y
If you owned your own company or were a leader of a business, what three financial ratios would you consider are the most important in evaluating your organization's performance and why?
1. What are the various styles of leadership likely to be exhibited by individual leaders in organizations? How can two or more leadership styles impact the organization negatively or positively? Provide examples. 2. Women presently make up a small percentage of chief executive officers of Fortune 500 companies. What challeng
One of the classic debates in physics revolves around the strange behaviour of light. In some experiments, it acts like a wave. In other experiments, it acts like a particle. One approach to this problem is to 'solve' it—to determine once and for all which it is. If the experimental evidence of the past hundred years is any gu
Folk wisdom sometimes balances one statement with another. For instance, it is said 'You never get a second chance to make a first impression'. However, you are also told, 'Don't judge a book by its cover'. These two proverbs appear to be opposed to one another. Does this mean that one of them is wrong? Think about how we apply
What regions of the brain and neurotransmitters are associated with the symptoms of depression? What regions are activated by stress? How are the stress response and depression related?
1. Can you suggest at least 10-question survey that could be used to evaluate how the Veteran's Health Administration can curtail delays in veterans receiving medical appointments? 2. Also can you explain why this survey would elicit the most effective results for evaluating the VA's problem? References would be appreciated t
Part One At the second meeting of the e-marketing team initiative, President Learner has selected you to formulate interactive marketing benchmarks, such as Web site features, online services, electronic data gathering, and software applications that permit personalized digital experiences. President Learner is especially int
What is the history/background/use of The MIT Lean Enterprise Self-Assessment Tool (LESAT)? How to apply the tool to an organization in need?
Discuss a current personality model and its components and describe your own personality in relation to this model. What does the most current research indicate about ways to custom-manage different employees, keeping in mind individual differences? Please provide an anecdote from your own experience to illustrate your points co