1. Calculate distance in inches that a bicyclist travelling 35 mph moves in 1/125 of a second? 2. Notice the bicyclist is riding along a white line. Suppose the length of this white line captured in a photograph is 14 ft. Use proportions to calculate the distance the bicyclist will appear to move in a photograph of this sc
Attached you will find the problems to be completed. I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. 1. List the factors of each of the following numbers. 66 Use the following list of n
1. 2^2x - 5 x 2^x + 4 = 0. Answer given: 0,2 2. 2 x 2^2x - 11 x 2^x + 5 = 0. Answer given: -1, 2.32 3. 2 x 3^2x - 5 x 3^x = 4. Answer given: 1.04
Use algebra and limit laws to find the limits: a)lim of square root of x+1 - square root of x as x approaches + infinity b) lim of square root of x^2+x+1 - square root of x as x approaches + infinity c) lim (x^3-x^2) x as x approaches + infinity Check you answers by graphing the functions. For example graph lim of squar
Prove using the Principle of Induction. 5^(2n)-4^n is divisible by 7 for any positive integer n.
A Mortar shell fired with an angle of elevation of 52 degrees has a range of 2.1 km. Neglecting air resistance determine: 1 - The time of the flight 2 - The shell's initial velocity 3 - The shell's range and height 30s after firing 4 - The other range at which the height was the same as calculated in part (3) above.
See attached file for full problem description.
Exercise from textbook: Solve the equation for x (by taking the logarithms of both sides): 6^1-x = 2^3x+1 Answer given: 0.28 All the other exercises have x on the same side (left) so this one has thrown me.
Please see the attached file for complete description Sec 7.4 In exercises 8, we have graphed the boundary line for the linear inequality. Determine the correct half-plane in each case, and complete the graph. See attached file for full problem description. y > 3 Graph each of the following inequalities. 16. 4x + y > =
Solve each equation by using the Quadratic formula So that you understand the problem correctly it should read 4 x squared minus 4x plus one equal zero. I am having a hard time understanding how to write algebra symbols using a computer, would you also tell me how to write this problem. 4x2 - 4x + 1 = 0 "V" squared pl
1. Work with a partner to decide all values of b in the following equations that will give one or more real number solutions. A. 3x^2 + bx-3= 0 B. 5x^2 + bx+1= 0 C. -3x^2 +bx-3= 0 D. Write a rule for judging if an equation has solutions by looking at it in standard form. *What is your conclusion?* 2. Solve the fol
Logarithmic functions have an interesting history. Although John Napier is credited for popularizing logs, there are earlier developments that include another mathematician who developed logs earlier and independently. Furthermore, logarithms became especially important for allowing difficult calculations prior to the developmen
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems. f(x) = (x+1)^2 - 5
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.
F(x)=62 + 35 log (x-4) Where x represents the girls age (from 5-15) and f(x) represents the percentage of her adult height. Approximately what percentage of her adult height has a girl attained at age 13? Round to the nearest tenths of a percentage.
Write in simplest form 1) 5x - 20 ___________ 7x - 28 2) 9x^10 _________ 63x^18 Multiply 3) 7x^2 16 ____ * ____ 4 x^4 4) 2x - 4 3x _____ * _____ x^2 - 4x 2 - x Divide 5) 2x - 6
Find the square root. Assume that all of the variables represent positive real numbers. 1. The square root 25x^12 Find the cube root. 2. ^3 square root 512 Simplify the radical expressions. Assume that all variables represent positive real numbers. 3. the square root of 72 multiply the square root of 2 4. the square
Solve using the quadratic formula: x^2-2x-1=0 Solve (x+2)^2=4 Solve (3y-2)^2=y-2
These problems are labeled as Natural numbers, Prime numbers, Integers, Rational numbers, Irrational numbers, Groups Felds and Real numbers, Discrete Mathematics,and Crytography. p.188 #26 Classify as an example of the commutative property, the associative property, or both: (3+5)+(2+4)=(3+4)+(5+2) p.188 #30 Think of thre
To exercise your skills, you are to perform the following using different tools available to you (e.g. Excel spreadsheet, graphing calculator, etc.) and write and explanation on your findings: The graph of: f(x)= 0 The graph of: f(x) = a0 , where a0 ≠ 0 The graph of: f(x) = a0 + a1x , where a1 ≠ 0 For each o
Graph the solution to the following system of inequalities. Y > 2x - 3 and Y > - 4x + 7
Find the average weight in pounds of a type of bird of your choice. Use the rational exponent equation L = 2.43 * W^0.3326 to estimate the wingspan L in feet of the bird that weighs W pounds (Rockswold, 2006). Include in your post the type of bird and the average weight and show the calculations necessary to find the approximate
1. P(x)= 2x^4 + 15x^3 + 17x^2 + 3x -1 Find all real zeros. 2. P(x)= 8x^3 + 10x^2 - 39x + 9; a=-3,b=2 Show that the given values for a and b are lower and upper bounds for the real zeros of the polynomial. 3. P(x)= x^3 - 3x^2 + 4 Find integers that are upper and lower bounds for the real zeros of the polynomial. 4. P(
See attached file for full problem description.
See attached file for full problem description. I need help solving this type of radical multiplication problem.
1. Factor the polynomial 88 x^6 y^6 + 16 x^3 y^4 - 8 x^5 y^3, if possible. 2. Factor 5 x^2 + 5 x y + 8 x + 8 y by grouping. 3. Factor the polynomial. 256 a^4 - 81 b^4 4. Solve the equation. x 2 + 11 x + 30 = 0 5. Do the operations and simplify. (x^2 + 4x + 4)/(x) . (x^2 - 2x)/(x^2 - 4) 6. Si
1. Find the value of c ( formula ) C = P/9 if p = 144. 2. Find the perimeter of a triangular postage stamp with sides 2.7, 2.7, and 1.7 centimeters long.Choose from the following. 3. Choose "<", "=", or ">" symbol to make a true statement. |-5| ..... - (-19) 4. Evaluate the expression. (9 + 8 . 5)^3 5.
1. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time passes more quickly for bodies that travel very close to the speed of light. The expression (c is the speed of light, and v is the speed of the traveling body) gives the aging rate compared to the time spent on earth. For example, if the aging rate for someone traveling ver
1. Solve the equation. x^2 + 8 x + 15 = 0 2. Write the equation x(x - 7) + 10 = 0 in quadratic form and then solve it by factoring. 3. Solve the equation by using factoring. 3 x^3 - 192 x = 0 4. Use factoring to solve the equation. 8 x^ 2 + 16 x = 0 5. Use factoring to solve the equation. 4 y^2 - 4 = 0 6. Use
1) Find the value of 18, 19, and 110. What can you say about the value of any power of 1? Explain the reasoning. 2) A solar-powered water pump system in Desert Range, Utah, has two solar panels, each containing 6 rows of modules. Each row has 6 modules. How many modules are in each panel? Write the answer as a power.