Some authorities claim that globalization has led to greater income inequality in the U.S. and globally while others claim that inequality is due to improvements in technology and productivity. Using the Library and Internet sources, do the following: Identify evidence for and against the existence of increasing income inequa
1. Subtract. Express your result in simplest form. A) B) C) D) 2. Divide. A) B) C) D) 3. Simplify. 4. Solve. A) 8 B) C) 32 D) 5. Subtract. Express your answer in simplest form. A) B) C) 4 D) 6. E
1. Multiply. (10x9)(-5x8) 2. Write using positive exponents only. b-19 3. Write 0.0000073 in scientific notation. 4. Add 10y2 + 9y - 2 and 10y2 + 6y - 7. 5. Multiply. (2x - 5y)(3x - y) 6. Multiply. (2m - n)2 7. Divide. 8. The distance from a star to a planet is 5.1 ɨ
I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. Attached you will find the problems to be completed. Please help me by actually working the problems with microsoft Equation Editor & replyi
Graph the the portion of th enumber line containing all points for which x is less than or equal to -3 or x>2
I am having trouble with the attached equations. Can you assist and show me how to check the solution? Solve the following equations: 1. A = (1/2)bh solve for h 2. m = (x + y + z) / 3 solve for y Determine if -4 satisfies the following compound inequality 3. 2x < -8 AND 5x < 0
1. An example of an exponential function is y=8^x. Convert this exponential function to a logarithmic function. Plot the graph of both the functions. 2. Graph these two functions ? An exponential function f(x)=6x-2 ? A logarithmic function f(x)=log9x 3. Look at the graphical representation below and derive
Solve the following for x: 4(2^x)=56 in the order of operations Pemdas requires that exponentation takes precedence over multiplication, so we cannot multiply 4*2 without first evaluating 2^x, but we could divide both sides by 4. Also remember x is an exponent and we have to take logarithmic of both sides to bring the exponent
I am needing help for an upcoming test, could someone help me with this test review so that I can use this to study by I really need to pass this test. Please see attached file for full problem description. 1. Solve. x2 = 21 2. Solve. x2 - 24 = 0 3. Solve by using the quadratic formula. x2 + 9x + 18 = 0
1.) 2(a-4)+4=5(9-a) 2.) t-5x=4x 3.) Fill in the table using the given formula (solve for Y) y=-5x+10 __X__Y_ -1 0 1 2 3 4.) Even Integers. Find two consecuitive integers that have a sum of 450. 5.) Determine whether the given number is a solution to the inequality following it. 0,4x+9 i
Solve the following system of linear inequalities by graphing. 3x + 4y ≤ 12 x + 3y ≤ 6 x ≥ 0 y ≥ 0
A rectangle has sides of 3x - 4 and 7x + 10. Find the expression that represents its perimeter.
I have the graphs, I just have questions. I don't understand how these graps were formed. Please explain how this is done. Where do the lines intersect? Aren't there coordinates? I do not understand at all. Sorry, I am a math retard!! Thanks for your help. 1. f(x)=6x 2. f(x)=3x - 2 3. f(x)=(1/2)x 4. f(x)= log2x
1) If a < b, then -a > -b Why? 2) What role of operations that applies when you are solving an equation does not apply when you are solving an inequality? 3) What is the inherent meaning and justification of cross-multiplication as it applies to solving an inequality? 4) What is different abou
1. Determine if the number in the box is a solution of the equation. 1/2x+5=5+1/4x; I3I a. Yes b.No 2. Solve the equation:y - (5 - 3y) = 7(y - 3) - 3 a. 1/9 b. 19/3 c. -29/11 d. An identity 3. Solve the equation. 0.06P + 0.08(2000 - P) = 60 a. 106.38
Evaluate the functions for the value of x given as 1,2,4,8,and 16. Describe the difference in the rate at which each function changes with increasing value of x; rank the function from fastest-growing to slowest-growing? 1) f(x)=3x+2 2) f(x)=x^2+5x+6 3) f(x)=x^3+3x^2+2x+1 4) f(x)=e^x 5) f(x)=log x
How many times does the graph of a quadratic equation ( a parabola) cross the x-axis?
1. A person with no more the $2000 to invest plans to place the money in two investments, telecommunications investment and pharmaceuticals. the telecommunications investment is to be no more than 4 times the pharmaceuticals investment. Write a system of inequalities to describe the situation. Let x = amount to be invested in te
In the simplest way possible can some one provide me with the steps to find the square root of a number like 11.0554 that is not a perfect square. Thanks!
Determine whether the following equations have a solution or not? Apply the discriminant, are the solutions real, repeated real, or complex? Steve traveled 200 mile at a certain speed, had he gone 10 mph faster, the trip would have taken one hour less, find the speed of his vehicle?
What type of solution do you get for a quadratic equation where D<0? Give reasons for your answers also provide an example of such a quadratic equation and find the solution of the equation.
Prove the following: Prove that if m is an integer, then either m^2 = 0 ( mod 4) or m^2 =1 (mod 4). Hint: Consider that cases where m is even and where m is odd
Write each expression in radical form (8x3y2)7/4 Evaluate if possible, if the expression is not a real number, so state (100/49)1/2
Write each expression in radical form: (85a3)5/2
Write three quadratic equations, with a, b, and c (coefficients of x2, x, and the constant) as: Integers Rational numbers Irrational numbers Do you find any striking difference between the graphical representation of quadratic equations and linear equations? Explain the differences and comment on the responses posted
I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. Attached you will find the problems to be completed. Please help me by actually working the problems with microsoft Equation Editor & replying
Exercise given in textbook: A farmer has 40m of fencing with which to enclose a rectangular pen.Given that the pen is x m wide - show that it's area is (20x - x^2)m^2 and deduce that the maximum area that he can enclose (Answer given 100m^2). I have completed lots and lots of exercises involving completing the squar
Section 1.1 Exercises Pages 10-12 Problems 44, 48, 92, 98, 110 Write each interval of real numbers in interval notation and graph it. 44. The set of real numbers greater than or equal to _1 and less than 6 48. The set of real numbers less than or equal to _4 Consider the following nine integers: -4, -3, -2, -1,
#1) Find the quotient and the remainder. (x64-2x^2+3) ÷ (x+1) Here are my choices, but I can't seem to come up with any of them. A) x^3+x^2-x-1, 2 B) x^3-x^2-x=1, 2 C) x^2-3x=3, 0 D) x^2-3x+4, -1 #2) Factor and Match. I cannot come up with any answers that match. Help. z^2-12wz+13w^2 A) (
1) Simplify. (2/a)+b / (a/b)+(3/a) 2)solve the equation. 1/(x-1) - 3/x = x/(x-1) 3) solve the equation for y. (y-3)/(x+2) = 2 4) Find the route 5 √z^20 5) Simplify: √(18/49) 6) Write the expression using expnent notation: √5z 7) Write the expression usin