Identify rational expressions. ? Identify restrictions on the variable in the denominator of a rational expression. ? Simplify rational expressions. ? Determine the least common denominator (LCD) to combine rational expressions. ? Perform operations on rational expressions. ? Solve ra
Using critical thinking, discuss social stratification in terms of social class, status, and power. Can you determine someone's social class, status, and power merely by their appearance? What factors may be misleading? Do you believe class, status, and power is a social inequality in our society? Why or why not? How are s
Week Two Learning Team Activity All the information needed for the report is referenced in the attachment. Write a report in your own words that describes the activity and your results. Use APA format. Any help will be greatly acknowledge as to I am not good at diagraming.
I need this explained to me as it would be explained to the grade level it would originally be taught to. I basically checked out of math in 4th grade and now I need it! Q. Two houses are for sale on the same street. The second house has 1,000 square feet less than twice the square feet of the first house. Together the houses
The college has decided to reward our hardworking Math Hub staff with their own break area. They have located a room on the first floor of the 7000 building connected to its own circuit breaker rated at 20 Amps of current. For safety reasons, the hub staff is asked not to exceed 80% of the current rating. The college will pro
1. There are four different methods to solve quadratic equations. (a) List all 4 methods. (b) Explain and give an example of 3 of those methods. (c) Explain which method is preferred and why. 2. Solve the following problems. a) Solve by using the even-root property. 3x - 5 = 16 b) Solve by using the follo
The question is below: Use mathematical unduction to prove the squared version of: 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + n = n(n+1) / 2 which is 1^2 + 2^2 + ... + n^2 = [n(n+1)(2n+1)] / 6
(1) Does x = -5 satisfy the following compound inequality? 4 > -2(x+8) >= -6 AND 4 < 3x + 10 < 19 (2) Simplify the following compound inequality and express the result using interval notation: 7 < 3(x+2) + 10 < 25 AND 8 > 10 - 2x > 0 (3) Solve for x: | x - 1/4 | =
1.Determine the number of solutions and classify the type of solutions for each of the following equations. Justify your answer. a)x^2 + 3x - 15 = 0 b)x^2 + x + 4 = 0 c) x^2 - 4x - 7 = 0 d)x^2 - 8x + 16 = 0 e)2x^2 - 3x + 7 = 0 f)x^2 - 4x - 77 = 0 g)3x^2 - 7x + 6 = 0 h)4x^2 + 16x + 16 = 0 2.Find an equatio
1. Evaluate: + 3 2 2. Simplify the following expression: -3(-2x - w) +3(4w - 5x) 3. The surface area of S of a right prism is given by: S = 2B + Ph, Where B is the area of the base, P is the perimeter of the base, and h is the height of the prism. Solve for P. 4. Solve the following equation for
Please see attached for the full details of the problems: WEEK 2 DQ 1 1. When simplifying like terms, how do you determine the like terms? 2. How do you determine the common factors in an expression? 3. What is factoring by grouping? When factoring a trinomial by grouping, why is it necessary to write the t
For a recent job, an electrician earned $50 per hour, and the electrician's apprentice earned $20 per hour. The electrician worked 4 hours more than the apprentice, and together they earned a total of $550. How much money did each person earn?
A nut wholesaler sells a mix of peanuts and cashews. The wholesaler charges $2.80 per pound for peanuts and $5.30 per pound for cashews. The mix is to sell for $3.30 per pound. How many pounds of peanuts and how many pounds of cashews should be used to make 100 pounds of the mix?
One way rental of yellow truck company of a 15ft truck at $45 per day and .37 cents per mile for every mile driven over 500. Round trip for same truck is $30 per day and .10 cents per mile driven over 250. Gray truck companu rents a 14ft truck at $40 per day, .18 cents per mile ove 300. Round trip for same truck is $20 per day
? Simplify radical expressions. ? Perform operations with radical expressions. ? Solve radical equations. ? Solve a quadratic equation using the quadratic formula
A. Problem Statement 1. Are low math scores being affected by the use of manupulatives? Are Algebra Tiles effective for raising TAKS Math scores in High School students? 2. Describe at least three symptoms of the problem or pieces of evidence that illuminate the problem above. B. Literature Search: Find materials relevant
Environmental and wildlife preservation ensures future generations will have available resources and can enjoy the beauty of Earth. On the other hand, some of the damage humans have already done to the environment is expensive and time consuming to eradicate. Application Practice Answer the following questions. Use Equati
Please see attached for the details of the problems.
Please see attached document for the complete details of the problem. SECTION 4.1 The power of the power rule: # 50 The power of a Quotient rule: # 66 Simplify, all variables represent nonzero real numbers: #72 SECTION 4.2 Negative Integral Exponents: #26 The rules of Integra
1. A rectangular garden has dimensions of 15 feet by 11 feet. A gravel path of uniform width is to be built around the garden. How wide can the path be if there is enough gravel for 192 square feet? 2. A business invests $8,000 in a savings account for two years. At the beginning of the second year, an additional $2,500 is
1. What is the discriminant? When do you use quadratic formula to solve a quadratic equation? 2. What square root property is essential to solve any radical equation involving square root? 3. Solve the equation x^2+8x-2=0 using both (a) the quadratic formula (b) completing the square (c) prepare a paragraph or two comp
A. Solve the equation x^2 + 8x - 2 = 0 using both the quadratic formula and by completing the square. B. Briefly compare and contrast the two methods. Please show all work and be as detailed as possible.
I need help with this problem. It has two parts a) and b). (a) Show that if m is a number having primitive roots, then the product of the positive integers less than or equal to m and relatively prime to is congruent to -1(mod m). (b) Show that the result in (a) is not always true if m does not have primitive roots.
See attachment for complete formulas Section 9.1: Use the product rule to simplify. All variables represent nonnegative real numbers. 64. Section 9.2: Evaluate each expression. 38. 25 Section 9.3: Simplify each expression. 88. Section 9.4 - Divide and Simplify 30. Section 9.5: Sol
System reliability analysis by considering series and parallel configurations of a fire alarm system.
A school is being designed with three identical building-wide fire alarm systems. The reliability of each fire alarm systems is 0.995. a. Should the fire alarm systems be placed in series, parallel, or in a series-parallel combination? b. Defend you recommendation using a system reliability analysis.
Practice Worksheet Week2 Chapter 5 Section 5.2 Factor each polynomial completely. 62. x3 2x2 y2 + xy3 Section 5.4 Factor each trinomial using the ac method. 38. Section 5.5 Factor each polynomial completely 66. 72. Section 5.6 Solve each equation 58. 66. Solve each problem. 98. Avoiding a col
1.Diagonal brace. The width of a rectangular gate is 2 meters (m) larger than its height. The diagonal brace measures square root 6 m. Find the width and height. 2.Foul ball. Suppose Charlie O'Brian of the Braves hits a baseball straight upward at 150 ft/sec from a height of 5 ft. a) Use the formula to determine how lon
A.Find p(x) + 3q(x) p(x) = 2x^4 + 15x^3 - 10x^2 + 14 q(x) = 35x^4 - 16x^2 + x - 11 b.Find P(-1/2) if P(x) = 4x^4 -2x^3 + 17 c.Simplify: (-3x + 4x^2 + 6x^3) - (4 - x + 2x^3) - (-6x^2 + y) d.Add: (10x^2 + 3y^2 - 6z^2 + xy + 4yz + 2xz) + (2x^2 - y^2 + 5z^2 - 2xy + 7yz - 3xz) e.Multiply: (2x - 3y)^2 f.Multiply:
1. Gone fishing. Debbie traveled by boat 5 miles upstream to fish in her favorite spot. Because of the 4-mph current, it took her 20 minutes longer to get there than to return. How fast will her boat go in still water? t=d/r x=rate of boat 2. Open-top box. Thomas is going to make an open-top box by cutting equal squares fr
1) Find the domain of the following: a) Answer: b) Answer: Explain how you obtained your answer here: c) Answer: Show your work or explain how you obtained your answer here: d) Answer: Explain how you obtained your answer here: 2) Describe the transformations on the following graph o