Attached you will find the problems to be completed. I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. 1. List the factors of each of the following numbers. 66 Use the following list of n
See attached file for full problem description.
Please see the attached file for complete description Sec 7.4 In exercises 8, we have graphed the boundary line for the linear inequality. Determine the correct half-plane in each case, and complete the graph. See attached file for full problem description. y > 3 Graph each of the following inequalities. 16. 4x + y > =
1. Work with a partner to decide all values of b in the following equations that will give one or more real number solutions. A. 3x^2 + bx-3= 0 B. 5x^2 + bx+1= 0 C. -3x^2 +bx-3= 0 D. Write a rule for judging if an equation has solutions by looking at it in standard form. *What is your conclusion?* 2. Solve the fol
Logarithmic functions have an interesting history. Although John Napier is credited for popularizing logs, there are earlier developments that include another mathematician who developed logs earlier and independently. Furthermore, logarithms became especially important for allowing difficult calculations prior to the developmen
Write in simplest form 1) 5x - 20 ___________ 7x - 28 2) 9x^10 _________ 63x^18 Multiply 3) 7x^2 16 ____ * ____ 4 x^4 4) 2x - 4 3x _____ * _____ x^2 - 4x 2 - x Divide 5) 2x - 6
Find the square root. Assume that all of the variables represent positive real numbers. 1. The square root 25x^12 Find the cube root. 2. ^3 square root 512 Simplify the radical expressions. Assume that all variables represent positive real numbers. 3. the square root of 72 multiply the square root of 2 4. the square
Solve using the quadratic formula: x^2-2x-1=0 Solve (x+2)^2=4 Solve (3y-2)^2=y-2
These problems are labeled as Natural numbers, Prime numbers, Integers, Rational numbers, Irrational numbers, Groups Felds and Real numbers, Discrete Mathematics,and Crytography. p.188 #26 Classify as an example of the commutative property, the associative property, or both: (3+5)+(2+4)=(3+4)+(5+2) p.188 #30 Think of thre
To exercise your skills, you are to perform the following using different tools available to you (e.g. Excel spreadsheet, graphing calculator, etc.) and write and explanation on your findings: The graph of: f(x)= 0 The graph of: f(x) = a0 , where a0 ≠ 0 The graph of: f(x) = a0 + a1x , where a1 ≠ 0 For each o
Find the average weight in pounds of a type of bird of your choice. Use the rational exponent equation L = 2.43 * W^0.3326 to estimate the wingspan L in feet of the bird that weighs W pounds (Rockswold, 2006). Include in your post the type of bird and the average weight and show the calculations necessary to find the approximate
1. P(x)= 2x^4 + 15x^3 + 17x^2 + 3x -1 Find all real zeros. 2. P(x)= 8x^3 + 10x^2 - 39x + 9; a=-3,b=2 Show that the given values for a and b are lower and upper bounds for the real zeros of the polynomial. 3. P(x)= x^3 - 3x^2 + 4 Find integers that are upper and lower bounds for the real zeros of the polynomial. 4. P(
1. Factor the polynomial 88 x^6 y^6 + 16 x^3 y^4 - 8 x^5 y^3, if possible. 2. Factor 5 x^2 + 5 x y + 8 x + 8 y by grouping. 3. Factor the polynomial. 256 a^4 - 81 b^4 4. Solve the equation. x 2 + 11 x + 30 = 0 5. Do the operations and simplify. (x^2 + 4x + 4)/(x) . (x^2 - 2x)/(x^2 - 4) 6. Si
1. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time passes more quickly for bodies that travel very close to the speed of light. The expression (c is the speed of light, and v is the speed of the traveling body) gives the aging rate compared to the time spent on earth. For example, if the aging rate for someone traveling ver
1. Solve the equation. x^2 + 8 x + 15 = 0 2. Write the equation x(x - 7) + 10 = 0 in quadratic form and then solve it by factoring. 3. Solve the equation by using factoring. 3 x^3 - 192 x = 0 4. Use factoring to solve the equation. 8 x^ 2 + 16 x = 0 5. Use factoring to solve the equation. 4 y^2 - 4 = 0 6. Use
1) Find the value of 18, 19, and 110. What can you say about the value of any power of 1? Explain the reasoning. 2) A solar-powered water pump system in Desert Range, Utah, has two solar panels, each containing 6 rows of modules. Each row has 6 modules. How many modules are in each panel? Write the answer as a power.
Please see attached file for full problem descriptions. 1. Reduce each expression to lowest term. Perform the indicated operation. 2. Henry sold 120 mags subscription in x + 2 days. If he sold at the same rate for another week, then how many magazines did he sell in the extra week? Find the LCD for the given rational
1) Solve the following by factoring: a) Answer: Show your work here: b) Answer: Show your work here: 2) If , find: a) f(2) Answer: Show your work here: b) f(-3) Answer: Show your work here: 3) Solve using the quadratic formula. Answer: Show your work here: 4) U
1. Plot at least 5 points. 2. Find the slope and y intercept for each line that has a slope and y intercept. 3. Find if lines are parallel, perpendicular or neither. 4. Marginal revenue: A defense attorney charges her client $4000 plus $120 per hr. Formula R=120n+4000 gives her revenue in dollars
1. Solve by factoring: x^2 - 9x = -8 2. Solve using the square root property: 2x^2 - 5 = 93 3. Solve using the square root property: (x + 4)^2 = 81 4. Solve by completing the square: x^2 + 6x + 2 = 0 5. Solve using the quadratic formula: x^2 - 3x = -6x - 1 6. Solve using th
1. Factor: x^3y + 2x^2y^2 + xy^3 2. Solve the equation: 2h^2 - h - 3 = 0 3. Solve the equation. 2w (4w + 1) = 1 4. Solve the equation. M^3 + 2m^2 - 3m = 0 5. Solve the equation. 1/18 h^2 - ½ h + 1 = 0 6. Rectangular stage. One side of the rectangular stage is 2 meters longer than the other. If th
1. Simplify the rational expression (6x - 8)/(8 - 6x) 2. Evaluate the expression f(x) = (3x + 2)/ (x) for x = 4 3. The average (mean) cost for a service club to publish a directory of its members is given by the rational function. f(x) = (1.5x + 700)/x where x is the number of directories printed. Find the averag
1. Simplify the rational expression: 2x^2 - 12x + 18/2x^2 - 18 2. Divide: x^2 - 9x + 20/3x - 15 ÷ x^2 - 16/9x + 36 3. Simplify: √[81x^12y^8z^10] 4. Perform the indicated operations: 2√ + 7√ -√ 5. Multiply: (√ + 2√)(4√ - 3
1. Find the GCF of the set of monomials of 252, 468 2. Factor the polynomial 35 y + 14, if possible. 3. Factor the polynomial 7 a ^6 b ^7 c^ 5 - 35 a ^7 b ^5 c ^6, if possible. 4. Factor the expression 2(x + y) - 19 t(x + y). 5. Factor 17 x ^2 + 17 x y + 2 x + 2 y by grouping. 6. Factor the polynomial. 25
1. Which one is a prime number of 330. a. 11*3*5*2 b. 33*5*2 c. 11*3*10 d. 3*5*2 2. Find the GCF of the set of monomials of: 528, 624 a. 48 b. 50 c. 528 d. 624 3. Factor out the negative of the greatest common factor of: -4b + 20 4. Factor the polynomial: 81a^8b^4c^8 - 4d^10 5. Factor the polynomial:
#2) Following are different algebraic expressions of the production function. Decide whether each one has constant, increasing, or decreasing returns to scale. a. Q = 75L0.25 K0.75 b. Q = 75A0.15 B0.40 C0.45 c. Q = 75L0.60 K0.70 d. Q = 100+50L+50K e. Q = 50L+50K+50LK f. Q = 50L2 + 50K2 g. Based on the answers for the
Simplify. (m^6)^9 Simplify. (y^6/z^6)^9 See attached file for full problem description.
1. Give an example of a single polynomial with degree 3, whose value is 4 when the variable is equal to 1. 2. Give an example of a single polynomial with degree 3, whose value is 29 when the variable is equal to 2. 3. Find a polynomial with degree 3 whose values are 4 and 29 when the variable is equal to 1 and 2, respectiv
A currency trader observes that in the spot exchange market, 1 U.S. dollar can be exchanged for 9 Mexican pesos or for 111.23 Japanese yen. What is the cross-exchange rate between the yen and the peso; that is, how many yen would you receive for every peso exchanged??
1. Solve. 5(x - 2)2 = 3 A) B) C) D) 2. Is the following trinomial a perfect square? x2 - 2x + 1 A) Yes B) No 3. Find the constant term that should be added to make the following expression a perfect-square trinomial. x2 + 8x 4. Solve by completing the square. x2 + 4x + 3