1. Determine the x- and y-intercepts of the given equation. Show your work. Then plot the intercepts, and graph the line.
-5x + y = 0
2. Determine the x- and y-intercepts (if any) of the given equation. Show your work. Then plot the intercepts, and graph the line
7x + 56y = 0
3. Select the line that has the given slope and y-intercept.
Slope -3; y-intercept (0, -6)
4. Find the slope and the y-intercept of the line.
y - 7 = 8
5. Find an equation in point-slope form of the line having the specified slope and containing the point indicated.
m = -8; (6, 9)
6. Find an equation of the line meeting the specified conditions. Write your final answer in slope-intercept form.
Containing the point (0, 6) and parallel to y = 4x - 6Graph the line
y - 5 = (x + 4)
7. Solve the problem.
In 1995 the United States recovered 23% of its municipal solid wastes through recycling, up from 17% in 1990. Find an equation for the line whose graph depicts this data (where x is measured in years after 1990).
Find an equation of the line containing the given pair of points. Write your final answer in slope-intercept form.
(3, -5) and (0, -9)
8. Write the equation of the line on the graph in slope-intercept form.
9. Solve using either elimination or substitution. Show your work. If the system has either no solution or an infinite number of solutions, state this.
7x - 2y = 24
5x + 4y = 28
10. Determine wheither each pair of equations represents parallel lines.
Y = -5/2x +1,
Y = 5/4x + 3
11. Graph each equation. Y = 3/2x +1
15 Solve using the substitute method.
5x + 6y = 14,
-3y + x = 7
The answers are given complete step by step and in an easy to understand manner. Grab the solution and enjoy the learning.