1. Graph the equation using the slope and the y-intercept
2. Solve by the substitution method
5/8x + 1/16x=3/16 + x
9. Type an inequality
I think the answer is x>900 is that right?
13. Type an ordered pair. x+6y=9 (1)
14. Solve using the multiplication principle.
16. Find the domain of the function
p(x) =X to the second power -2x+5
Find the domain of P
24. Graph the equation and indentify the y-intercept
25. Soybean meal is 12% protein, cornmeal is 6% protein. How many pounds of each should be mixed together in order to get 240-lb mixture that is 10% protein.
1-How many pounds of the corneal should be in the mixture?
2-How many pounds of the soybean should be in the mixture?
29. Find the slope
33. Find the domain of the function
34. Trains A and B are traveling in the same direction on parallel tracks. Train A is traveling at 60 mph and Train B is traveling at 80 mph. Train A passes a station at 4:20am. If Train B passes the same station at 4:35am, at what time will train B catch up to train A?
36. Decide whether the pair of lines is parallel, perpendicular, or neither.
37. Solve by using the elimination method
43. Find the slope, if it exists.
45. In 1195, the life expectancy of males in a certain country was 73.1 years. In
2002, it was 76.4 years. Let E represent the life expectancy in year t and let t represent the number of years since 1995.
The linear function E(t) that fits the data is:
E(t)=___ t +____
Use the function to predict the life expectancy of males in 2005
48. Find the slope, if it exists, of the line containing the pair of points
(9,6) and (10,-1)
49. Graph the inequality on a plane
3x+4y< or equal to 12
53. Use the intercepts to graph the equation
56. Simplify: 9[74-(4-89)]© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 11:07 pm ad1c9bdddf
All the 22 Revision questions are solved neatly and step-by-step.
Are low math scores being affected by the use of manupulatives?
A. Problem Statement
1. Are low math scores being affected by the use of manupulatives? Are Algebra Tiles effective for raising TAKS Math scores in High School students?
2. Describe at least three symptoms of the problem or pieces of evidence that illuminate the problem above.
B. Literature Search: Find materials relevant to the problem above.
1. List at least seven keywords that are representative of the problem and that you will use to guide your information search.
2. List at least two resources that you will use to find your information.
3. After performing your searches and considering your results, describe how you modified your keyword or source searches to retrieve the best results. (If you did not need to modify your searches, discuss why your search was successful without revision.)
4. Discuss which keywords yielded the most fruitful searches.