1) If a < b, then -a > -b Why? 2) What role of operations that applies when you are solving an equation does not apply when you are solving an inequality? 3) What is the inherent meaning and justification of cross-multiplication as it applies to solving an inequality? 4) What is different abou
1. Determine if the number in the box is a solution of the equation. 1/2x+5=5+1/4x; I3I a. Yes b.No 2. Solve the equation:y - (5 - 3y) = 7(y - 3) - 3 a. 1/9 b. 19/3 c. -29/11 d. An identity 3. Solve the equation. 0.06P + 0.08(2000 - P) = 60 a. 106.38
Evaluate the functions for the value of x given as 1,2,4,8,and 16. Describe the difference in the rate at which each function changes with increasing value of x; rank the function from fastest-growing to slowest-growing? 1) f(x)=3x+2 2) f(x)=x^2+5x+6 3) f(x)=x^3+3x^2+2x+1 4) f(x)=e^x 5) f(x)=log x
How many times does the graph of a quadratic equation ( a parabola) cross the x-axis?
1. A person with no more the $2000 to invest plans to place the money in two investments, telecommunications investment and pharmaceuticals. the telecommunications investment is to be no more than 4 times the pharmaceuticals investment. Write a system of inequalities to describe the situation. Let x = amount to be invested in te
In the simplest way possible can some one provide me with the steps to find the square root of a number like 11.0554 that is not a perfect square. Thanks!
Determine whether the following equations have a solution or not? Apply the discriminant, are the solutions real, repeated real, or complex? Steve traveled 200 mile at a certain speed, had he gone 10 mph faster, the trip would have taken one hour less, find the speed of his vehicle?
What type of solution do you get for a quadratic equation where D<0? Give reasons for your answers also provide an example of such a quadratic equation and find the solution of the equation.
Prove the following: Prove that if m is an integer, then either m^2 = 0 ( mod 4) or m^2 =1 (mod 4). Hint: Consider that cases where m is even and where m is odd
Write each expression in radical form (8x3y2)7/4 Evaluate if possible, if the expression is not a real number, so state (100/49)1/2
Write each expression in radical form: (85a3)5/2
Write three quadratic equations, with a, b, and c (coefficients of x2, x, and the constant) as: Integers Rational numbers Irrational numbers Do you find any striking difference between the graphical representation of quadratic equations and linear equations? Explain the differences and comment on the responses posted
I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. Attached you will find the problems to be completed. Please help me by actually working the problems with microsoft Equation Editor & replying
Exercise given in textbook: A farmer has 40m of fencing with which to enclose a rectangular pen.Given that the pen is x m wide - show that it's area is (20x - x^2)m^2 and deduce that the maximum area that he can enclose (Answer given 100m^2). I have completed lots and lots of exercises involving completing the squar
Section 1.1 Exercises Pages 10-12 Problems 44, 48, 92, 98, 110 Write each interval of real numbers in interval notation and graph it. 44. The set of real numbers greater than or equal to _1 and less than 6 48. The set of real numbers less than or equal to _4 Consider the following nine integers: -4, -3, -2, -1,
#1) Find the quotient and the remainder. (x64-2x^2+3) ÷ (x+1) Here are my choices, but I can't seem to come up with any of them. A) x^3+x^2-x-1, 2 B) x^3-x^2-x=1, 2 C) x^2-3x=3, 0 D) x^2-3x+4, -1 #2) Factor and Match. I cannot come up with any answers that match. Help. z^2-12wz+13w^2 A) (
1) Simplify. (2/a)+b / (a/b)+(3/a) 2)solve the equation. 1/(x-1) - 3/x = x/(x-1) 3) solve the equation for y. (y-3)/(x+2) = 2 4) Find the route 5 √z^20 5) Simplify: √(18/49) 6) Write the expression using expnent notation: √5z 7) Write the expression usin
1) Factor out the greatest common factor. 3x^4 - 6x^3 - 15x^2 2)Factor completely. 12p^2 + 20p 3)Factor. z^2 - 12wz + 13w^2 4) Factor completely. 12y^2 + 2y - 2 5) Factor: 64y^3 - 125z^3 6) Solve the given equation. x^2 + x - 6 = 0 7) Reduce the given expression to lowest terms.
Problem #2: sqrt(3) / sqrt((6) - 1) + sqrt(3) / sqrt((6) - 1) Problem #3: 3 + sqrtx^2-8x) = 0 Problem #4: X^-2=4
Please solve the 10 question and check the 5 problems that are asked. I am struggling with algebra and need all the help I can get, I'm not certain of the answers that I have so your help would be greatly appreciated.
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems. 1. Simplify. 2. Simplify. Write your answer with only positive exponents. A) B) C) r10 D) r2 3. A triangle has sides 2x - 5, 3x + 1, and 4x + 2. Find the polynomial that represents its perimeter. A) (2x - 5)(3x + 1)(4x + 2)
1. Solve. 3(x - 2) - 2x = x - 6 A) Identity B) 0 C) No solution D) 1 2. Find the GCF for 21, 28, and 35. 3. Find the LCM for 6, 28, and 48. 4. Solve the following system of linear inequalities by graphing. x + 2y <= 3 2x - 3y <= 6 5. Evaluate. 6. Evaluate. (15 - 5) ÷ [(12 ÷ 2 ? 2)
1. The area of a square is 82 ft2. Find the length of the side to the nearest hundredth. 2. How long must a guywire be to run from the top of a 18 ft pole to a point on the ground 12 feet away? 3. A picture is 2.5 m long by 2.0 m wide. It is held by a frame of uniform width around its outside edge. If the picture it
Prove the following problems. 1-If b>0 and a = bq + r , prove that (a , b) = (b , r). 2- Prove that (ab,c) = 1 if and only if (a,c) = 1 and (b,c)=1.
Problems #'s 12, 16, 18, 20, 26, 28, 30, 32, 46 these I need help completing Find the slope and y-intercept of the line represented by each of the following equations. 12. 2x - y = 6 Write the equation of the line with given slope and y-intercept. Then graph each line using the slope and y-intercept. 16. Slope: -2
1. Express the following product powers of t as a single power of t 2. Write without parenthesis 3. 4. Simplify without negative exponents 5. Simplify without negative exponents 6. Multiply and simplify (4z - 2u - 2)(6z - 5u + 6) 7. Write in simplest form without parentheses
I need help proving the following 3 problems : Problem 1: Prove by induction that if a prime number p divides the product a1a2....an then p must divide at least one of the factors, aj for some j=1...n Problem 2: Prove by induction that if gcd(a,b)=1 then gcd(a,b^n)=1 for any positive integer n Problem 3: Use problem 2 t
Please show work so that I can get a better understanding. Thank you. (For question 1 - find the value of y in each the formula if x = -3) 1.) y + 1 = 2(x - 5) (For question 2 - Fill the tables using the given formulas) 2.) y = 10x + 100 x y -20 -10 0 10 (For question 3 - Translate ea
Word Problem Diagonal Brace: The width of a rectangular gate is 2 meters (m) larger than its height. The diagonal brace measures √6m. Find the width and height. ************** Graph each parabola. y = -1/3*(x^2) + 5 ************** Find the vertex and intercept for each parabola. g(x) = x^2 +x-6 **
Solve each equation: 1) 2y^2 - 3y -6 = 0 2) (x-10)(x-2) = -20 Find all real or imaginary solutions for each equation: 1) W^2=-225 2) 3v^2+4v-1=0 3) sqrt (7x+29) = x+3 Word Problem Time to Swing. The period T (time in seconds for one complete cycle) of simple pendulum is related to the length L (in feet) o