Please see attached for the details of the problems.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 11:33 pm ad1c9bdddf
78. Reading the problem, we will get two equations. Let x be the yogurt with 3% fat and y be the non-fat yogurt. We will have:
Solving first for x using equation 2, we have:
We'll now solve for y:
82. Let x be the probability that San Francisco plays in the next Super Bowl and y be the probability that they don't play. So we'll have 2 equations formed:
Using substitution, we'll solve first for y using equation 2:
Now we'll solve for x:
So the answer is 0.9 or 90% probability that San Francisco will play in the Super Bowl.
1. Solution: We'll use cross-multiplication to solve for the missing number:
2. Solution: The LCD of 10 and 4 is 20:
3. Solution: We can cancel out 5 from 10 and 5 to simplify:
4. Solution: A negative number when multiplied by a negative becomes positive:
5. Solution: We can cancel out 7 on the numerator and denominator to simplify:
6. Solution: To convert to %, we'll multiply 100. To convert to decimal, we'll divide by 100:
7. Solution: Pi and radical numbers that have no ...
This posting contains the solutions to the given set of algebra problems.