1. An initial investment of $1000 is appreciated for 8 years in an account that earns 9% interest, compounded annually. Find the amount of money in the account at the end of the period.
2. Let f(x) = 3x. Find f(2).
3. Solve the equation 1296 x = 6
4. If $ 2500 is invested in an account that pays interest compounded continuously, how long will it take to grow to $ 5000 at 3%? Round to the nearest tenth.
5. Simplify the expression. log (6x-4)
This solution provides formatted algebra calculations for the college-level problem set in the attached Word document.