As the financial manager of ABC computers, you are ready to make some decisions. You are trying to see where revenues are going?is the company ready to expand, and if so, when? There is a lot of data that you have, but columns of numbers are not as easy to understand as a graph. You plot revenue as a function of time. You do
1.) how do you evaluate this expression M^2-6m-8 2.) How do you evaluate this 2x6+28/4-7 3.) -4/7w=8 4.) How do you solve this for x? 1/5x-5/2= -8/3 5.) How do you use the distributive property to remove these parentheses? 6(4+y) 6.) How do you graph this on a number line? x<1 or x>2 7.) A washer and dry
Solve the following problems: 1. A corporation allows each of its traveling employees an daily meal allowance and a nightly hotel allowance. One employee travels 4 days and 4 nights and is allotted $480. Another employee travels for 3 days and 2 nights and is allotted $270. What is the daily meal allowance and the nightly
1. Simplify. A) B) C) D) 2. Simplify. Assume x represents a positive number. 3. Evaluate , if possible. A) 8 B) 4 C) 2 D) Not a real number 4. Simplify. 5. The base of a ladder is 8 feet away from the wall. The top of the ladder is 13 feet from the floor. F
1.Find the values (if any exist) that make the rational expression undefined. _____y(squared) + y + 1____ 16y(squared)-9 2. Write the given rational expression with the indicated denominator. __4x___ = _______?________ x+9 x(squared) +14x +45 3. Simplify: x (squared) + 0x -6
Which method is better for solving linear equations - addition or substitution, and why?
Evaluate if possible: [See attachment for the formatted questions]. Find the time required for an object to fall to the ground from a building that is 1400ft high. Formula [attached] is the distance fallen. Use property 1 to simplify each of the following radical expressions. Assume that all variables represent positive re
For non-integer answers, please write your answer as a fraction rather than a decimal. To show your work, you will need to include: - the algebra used to compute the solution to any equations. - the formula with substituted values. - the final calculated answer with units. Please see attachment for a full descripti
There are several questions on rational expressions. Some have been shown here. Please take a look at the wk_4_cp_template.doc for the rest questions. 1) If one-half of one integer is subtracted from three-fifths of the next consecutive integer, the difference is 3. What are the two integers? 2) A passenger train can trave
1) Solve the following equations algebraically. You must show all your work. 2) Solve algebraically and check your potential solutions: sqrt(x +2) - x = 0 3) The volume of a cube is given by V = s^3, where s is the length of a side. Find the length of a side of a cube if the volume is 800 cm3. Round the answer to three deci
Please see the attachment for detailed description. 1) Find the domain of the following: a) f(t) = 4.5exp(t) b) g(x) = log(x +3) c) g(x) = 2^x d) g(t) = ln(t -1) 2) Describe the transformations on the following graph of f(x) = e^x . State the placement of the horizontal asymptote and y-intercept after the transformatio
Algebra mathmatics simple problems: I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. (first 20 are multiple choice) See attached file for full description. 1. Write the word name for the
Solve each absolute value inequality and graph the solution set. 32) |5x - 1| </= 14 36) |x-7| </= -4 40) 1 > ½ |6-x| - 3/4 Graph each compound or absolute value inequality 42) x+y </= 1 or y </= 4 44) x+8y > 8 and x - 2y < 10 46) |x-3| >/= 9
Attached you will find the problems to be completed. I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. (first 20 are multiple choice) These are the problems I need help with: 1. Find t
Some authorities claim that globalization has led to greater income inequality in the U.S. and globally while others claim that inequality is due to improvements in technology and productivity. Using the Library and Internet sources, do the following: Identify evidence for and against the existence of increasing income inequa
1. Multiply. (10x9)(-5x8) 2. Write using positive exponents only. b-19 3. Write 0.0000073 in scientific notation. 4. Add 10y2 + 9y - 2 and 10y2 + 6y - 7. 5. Multiply. (2x - 5y)(3x - y) 6. Multiply. (2m - n)2 7. Divide. 8. The distance from a star to a planet is 5.1 ɨ
I need help in completing the following exercises. I need to use the Equation Editor in Microsoft® Word to do these problems, then submit a Word document, showing the work and answers. Attached you will find the problems to be completed. Please help me by actually working the problems with microsoft Equation Editor & replyi
I am having trouble with the attached equations. Can you assist and show me how to check the solution? Solve the following equations: 1. A = (1/2)bh solve for h 2. m = (x + y + z) / 3 solve for y Determine if -4 satisfies the following compound inequality 3. 2x < -8 AND 5x < 0 Solve t
1. An example of an exponential function is y=8^x. Convert this exponential function to a logarithmic function. Plot the graph of both the functions. 2. Graph these two functions ? An exponential function f(x)=6x-2 ? A logarithmic function f(x)=log9x 3. Look at the graphical representation below and derive
Solve the following for x: 4(2^x)=56 in the order of operations Pemdas requires that exponentation takes precedence over multiplication, so we cannot multiply 4*2 without first evaluating 2^x, but we could divide both sides by 4. Also remember x is an exponent and we have to take logarithmic of both sides to bring the exponent
I am needing help for an upcoming test, could someone help me with this test review so that I can use this to study by I really need to pass this test. Please see attached file for full problem description. 1. Solve. x2 = 21 2. Solve. x2 - 24 = 0 3. Solve by using the quadratic formula. x2 + 9x + 18 = 0
1.) 2(a-4)+4=5(9-a) 2.) t-5x=4x 3.) Fill in the table using the given formula (solve for Y) y=-5x+10 __X__Y_ -1 0 1 2 3 4.) Even Integers. Find two consecuitive integers that have a sum of 450. 5.) Determine whether the given number is a solution to the inequality following it. 0,4x+9 i
Solve the following system of linear inequalities by graphing. 3x + 4y ≤ 12 x + 3y ≤ 6 x ≥ 0 y ≥ 0
A rectangle has sides of 3x - 4 and 7x + 10. Find the expression that represents its perimeter.
I have the graphs, I just have questions. I don't understand how these graphs were formed. Please explain how this is done. Where do the lines intersect? Aren't there coordinates? 1. f(x)=6x 2. f(x)=3x - 2 3. f(x)=(1/2)x 4. f(x)= log2x. See the attached file.
1) If a < b, then -a > -b Why? 2) What role of operations that applies when you are solving an equation does not apply when you are solving an inequality? 3) What is the inherent meaning and justification of cross-multiplication as it applies to solving an inequality? 4) What is different abou
1. Determine if the number in the box is a solution of the equation. 1/2x+5=5+1/4x; I3I a. Yes b.No 2. Solve the equation:y - (5 - 3y) = 7(y - 3) - 3 a. 1/9 b. 19/3 c. -29/11 d. An identity 3. Solve the equation. 0.06P + 0.08(2000 - P) = 60 a. 106.38
Evaluate the functions for the value of x given as 1,2,4,8,and 16. Describe the difference in the rate at which each function changes with increasing value of x; rank the function from fastest-growing to slowest-growing? 1) f(x)=3x+2 2) f(x)=x^2+5x+6 3) f(x)=x^3+3x^2+2x+1 4) f(x)=e^x 5) f(x)=log x
1. A person with no more the $2000 to invest plans to place the money in two investments, telecommunications investment and pharmaceuticals. the telecommunications investment is to be no more than 4 times the pharmaceuticals investment. Write a system of inequalities to describe the situation. Let x = amount to be invested in te
Determine whether the following equations have a solution or not? Apply the discriminant, are the solutions real, repeated real, or complex? Steve traveled 200 mile at a certain speed, had he gone 10 mph faster, the trip would have taken one hour less, find the speed of his vehicle?