1. (4) Evaluate the polynomial for the indicated value of the variable.
-4x3 + 2x2 + 5x - 7 when x = -2
2. (4) Total profit is defined as total revenue minus total cost. Below R(x) and C(x)
represent the revenue and cost, respectively, from the sale of x futons.
R(x) = 280x - 0.7x2 and C(x) = 8000 + 0.5x2
Find the profit from the sale of 70 futons.
3. (4) Perform the indicated operations.
(8r2 - 6r) - (2r - 6) + (5r2 - 7)
4. Find the product of the polynomials.
(4) a) x2(2x2 - 5x3)
(4) b) (7x - 4y)2
(4) c) (x + 3)(x2 - 3x + 2)
5. (4) Find the quotient of the polynomials.
(6x3 - 11x2 + 11x - 2)  (2x - 3)
6. (4) Simplify the expression.
7. Convert the number to scientific notation.
(4) a) 0.000000263
(4) b) 3,090,000,000,000
8. Simplify and express the answer in scientific notation.
9. (4) The revenue for selling y units is R = 3y2 - 2y + 5 and the cost of producing y units
is C = y2 + y - 3. Find the polynomial that represents the profit.
10. A rectangle has sides of 8x + 9 and 6x - 7.
(4) a) Find the polynomial that represents the perimeter.
(4) b) Find a polynomial that represents the area.
The solution computes various algebra related questions.