Mary is a 35-year-old female present in your office due to poor dentation and obesity. She has been basically living on mashed potatoes, juice, eggs, cheese, and meatloaf for the past 2 months due to her poor dentation. She only eats 2 meals a day because she dislikes breakfast. She has called the dentist, and made an appointmen
Brad is a 32-year-old male who is present in your office due to weight gain and high blood pressure. He recently had blood work done and he has borderline elevated cholesterol and his blood sugars are a little bit elevated, but his doctor only wants him to focus on losing weight. He thinks he does well with his diet and exercise
Becky is a 15-year-old female present in your office. For the past 6 months she has only been eating two meals per day and runs about 1 hour per day. She has little time to spend with friends because she is taking advanced classes and has to study every day. She goes to bed around 2 a.m. after finishing up her homework. She then
What are at least one micronutrient infants store until 6 months of age, Based on this stored nutrient, What would you recommened for a 5 month old weighing 18 lbs would you recommend supplements? and is the 5 month old normal weight, above weight or underweight?
How can daily physical activity help you live to be 100 years? How can the average person meaningfully incorporate daily physical activity into their own lives in the service of creating if not longevity at least better health?
Tony is a 9-year-old male whose favorite activity is his video game system. He loves to come home from school and start playing right away. He will usually grab a large bag of potato chips and a soda from the refrigerator and snack while he plays. He will take a break for dinner, but then he heads right back to the game. Accordi
Kim, a 24-year-old female, had her baby and currently is breastfeeding. She worries her baby is not receiving enough milk. She does not want to pump because she heard this may reduce the amount of milk that comes out of the breast and it may confuse the baby when exposed to a bottle and then a breast. She knows she needs to eat
Kim, a 24-year-old female, is 28 weeks pregnant with her first baby. She is 5'7" tall and currently weighs 173 pounds. She walks 30 minutes per day, but it is getting harder. Thus, she walks quite slowly. She had a 3-hour oral glucose tolerance test in which she was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. She is in your office and
Mary Jane is a 32-year-old female who is planning on becoming pregnant within the year. She has hypertension, and the doctor is placing her on another medication that is safer during pregnancy. She is about 20 pounds overweight (5'5" tall and weighs 145 pounds) and trying to lose weight. She provides you with a 3 day food record
Eating disorders in the 21st century are a common challenge because of faster paced lifestyles, more stress, and pressures of the modern world and limited resources for elimination. Traditional and modern solutions are offered.
1. Explain what are food allergy, food intolerance, and food aversion, and how to manage the symptoms? 2. Describe how nutrients can interact with drugs? 3. Explain how nutrient deficiencies impair a child's thinking or cause misbehavior?
How are nutrition and immunity are related? Also, describes what cardiovascular disease is, risk factors for cardiovascular disease, prevention of cardiovascular disease, and diet factors that affect cancer risks. APA formatted reference is included.
How are nutrition and immunity are related? Also, describes what cardiovascular disease is, risk factors for cardiovascular disease, prevention of cardiovascular disease, and diet factors that affect cancer risks. APA formatted reference is included. 1. How is nutrition and immunity related? 2. What are cardiovascular disease
1. What are the short and long term benefits of cardio-respiratory fitness? 2. How do muscles gain strength and size? 3. How does your body utilize glucose and protein for muscular activity? 4. Give examples of an effective pre-game meal? 5. Name and describe the pros and cons of various ergogenic aids: caffeine,
Choose any 5 of the following topic headings summarize and describe each. (See example below) 1. What do hormones have to do with Nutrition? 2. How does the nervous system interact with Nutrition? 3. Immune Defense 4. Cells, Tissues, Organs Systems 5. Inflammation 6. Why do people like sugar, salt, and fat? 7. Are some fo
Nutrition solution that defines RDA, AI, EAR, UL, AMDR; responsibilities of the DRI Committee. Offers recommended dietary guidelines and an understanding of food labelsl. Photochemicals, flavonoids, antioxidants, phytoestrogens lycopene's impact on health are discussed.
1) Name and define RDA, AI, EAR, UL, and AMDR? 2) Name and describe the goals of the DRI Committee? 3) Name and describe the recommended dietary guidelines for healthy Americans? 4) What are some important facts you should know about food labels? 5) Describe each and explain how phytochemicals; flavonoids, antiox
Nutrition and Food Sources: vitamins, water, minerals. Includes description of purpose, deficiencies, and sources in food.
1. Name and describe all the fat soluble vitamins, their food source and types of deficiencies? 2. Name and describe all the water soluble vitamins their food source and types of deficiencies? ? 3. According to consumer corner why do so many people take Vitamin C to relieve colds? 4. Name and describe the roles and deficien
Need help with writing a paper that explains these concepts and principles: 1. ID factors that influence what people eat, and learn how to evaluate nutrient adequacy of a diet 2. apply knowledge of the six classes of nutrients to daily diet, recipe modification, etc. 3. demonstrate awareness of personal, cultural, economic, a
Recently in the news, you may have heard concerned citizens and politicians call for a "junk food" tax to discourage the American people from purchasing and consuming so many soft drinks, potato chips, cookies, candies, cakes, pies, ice cream cones, candy bars, milkshakes, French fries, and anything that is considered "junk food
Ingredients are functional aspects for the quality of bread (texture, structure ,color, volume, flavor, shape). What are the ingredient functions (control, low-gluten, flour type, sugar function, fat function, salt function) of a standard cake?
As Sally's nursing professional, understand her case study thoroughly and then complete the following tasks. First, using the ABCDs of nutritional assessment, write a brief nutritional assessment that includes: An analysis of Sally's anthropometrics. Include % desirable body weight, % weight change, and BMI. The significa
Pick any two diseases that require diagnostic tests to identify them from the body system. For each of the diseases, explain the following: Why is a particular test recommended? How does the test work? What information is obtained from the diagnostic test regarding the disease? Does the diagnosis need confirmation with
I need help with the following discussion question: Examine an ample assortment of cans, boxes, and labels from different food items or pictures of popular fast-food items and associated nutritional charts, which are often provided by fast-food chains. Provide the nutritional information of the items located in your list.
What do you think are the most interesting points that the author makes about environmental and occupational health here? Do you agree or disagree? What would you like to change or assess in today's environment to make it healthier?
Childhood Obesity Childhood obesity is an epidemic in America. What is the relationship of poor nutrition and childhood obesity to disease?
Childhood obesity is an epidemic in America. What is the relationship of poor nutrition and childhood obesity to disease?
What are the nutritional needs for the older adult stage of life? How are the needs at this stage of life different from other stages?
Nutrition During Infancy 1. How important is nutrition during the stage of infancy in preventing future disease? 2. How might nutrition affect growth, development, and learning at the stage of infancy? 3. What are some current nutritional issues, such as obesity or malnutrition, that might affect children during the stage of infancy? 4. How do you verify that a nutrition website is credible?
1. How important is nutrition during the stage of infancy in preventing future disease? 2. How might nutrition affect growth, development, and learning at the stage of infancy? 3. What are some current nutritional issues, such as obesity or malnutrition, that might affect children during the stage of infancy? 4. How
Based on carbohydrate-focused diet, compose at least 10 arguments addressing why the diet is superior to the other diets. The arguments must address the strengths, effectiveness, and safety of diet as opposed to other diets. Create 5 rebuttal statements for arguments. Vote on which diet appears to be the safest and most e
What are some common problems that result from micronutrient deficiencies? How might these problems affect overall health and life expectancy?
1. What are some of the major functions of micronutrients? What are some different ways you might ensure that you get all the necessary daily nutrients? Which methods are you currently using? What are some common problems that result from micronutrient deficiencies? How might these problems affect overall health and life expecta
1. What are some of the major functions of macronutrients? What are some prime sources of macronutrients in your own diet? In what ways are carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and fibers alike in relation to health, morbidity, and mortality? In what ways are they different? If the established standard amount of a nutrient is good f