Background Student: Doug Age: 7.9 Grade: 2nd Grade, 2nd Semester Scenario Doug loves science and hands-on activities. He is interested in dinosaurs and robots, and enjoys using the computer to play games. Doug has shared that he likes putting together "Lego" sets and has brought several in to the classroom to share.
What criteria are valid for universities in reviewing the actions of fraternities and sororities? Can the university require codes of conduct for student organizations? What rights and nondiscrimination principles must a university protect in regards to student organizations? What liability does an institution incur f
Hi, I would like to know what you think about the teacher's role in developing a behaviour intervention plan for students. I would like your input on the family, assessment, classroom environment, and examples of interventions. I would like to compare what you think with what I have. As always, your input is very valuable to
Please help with the followingproblem. Examine how the use of assessments may improve instruction and learning.
One of the most common tasks performed by Safety Professionals or the Industrial Hygienist is observation. We will begin to use what we have learned in this course as well as in other safety courses and apply it to an everyday work assignment--not your own-- but another of your choosing. I suggest the following: Supermarket s
I have obtained a position as a student teacher and have been given the opportunity to create a plan for a preschool. The lead teacher wants me to create a weeklong plan that, in accordance to this school, subscribes to the statements in the position statement of the National Association for the Education of Young Children. I ne
1. Visit a hardware store, home improvement store, or equivalent. Describe one innovative or "different" tool if you can find one. Describe the tool and what makes it innovative or different. If you cannot find an innovative or different tool, describe a traditional tool and identify a fault with this traditional tool. You shou
I have been reading chapter 8 of my textbook: Kaiser, B. & Rasminsky, J.S. (2012), Challenging Behavior in Young Children: Understanding, Preventing and responding Effectively, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education. Please discuss social context. What I have to consider about this topic is when working to prevent challeng
1. How would you define character, integrity, and conscience? Look up the definitions and apply the meaning or characteristic of each as it pertains to you. Do not cut and paste your answers. 2. Look up the general terms of "Ethics" and "Workplace Ethics". As you read through them, explain in your own words, what this means t
What issues relating to students' rights are involved in emerging areas like: a. Freedom of speech, religion and student fee b. Voting rights c. Organization recognition. Hate speech codes d. Gay rights e. Sexual harassment f. Commercial speech What are the implications of FERPA as they relate to the handling of studen
1. Must the admission process be free of any constitutionally prohibited criteria, "color blind"? 2. What are the constitutionally prohibited criteria? 3. Can advantage be given to a select group based on past disadvantages? 4. Can race, ethnic origin, or gender be considered as a criteria for admissions? 5. Can targets o
Please provide assistance answering the following questions which are related to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. 1. What criteria should be used in the admission process? 2. What is the difference between the meaning of equity or that of equality? 3. What are the goals to be achieved in disestablishing the Dual System of High
This question is about Functional Behavioral Assessment - Describe how teachers collect data in order to determine the functions of a behavior. - Analyze the importance of collecting and reviewing data before implementing specific interventions to address challenging behavior. - Discuss how these behaviours might be modif
Take a moment to reflect regarding the use of a collective bargaining agreement and what impact it may have on you in your current position. Would you be interested in working in a union environment? Would you be supportive of a union coming into your working environment? Would you be supportive of removing a union from your wor
1. How has affirmative action affected one's organization? Is affirmative action necessary in today's society? Why or why not? 2. How have psychographic factors affected one's approach to learning? Does your approach to learning differ from that of your parents? Why or why not?
Work: On an oil field as a spooler. Goal#1: Show up 10 minutes prior to work Goal#2: Complete a JSA on every location at work Goal#3: Wear proper PPE on every location at work To conserve space here, goal#1, goal#2 and goal#3 should follow the same pattern. 1. Steps to achieve my goal. 2. Obstacles to be overcome.
Why is it important for teachers to understand students' culture and backgrounds in an effort to address challenging behavior?
Please help answer the following question. How do participants of self-selecting groupings influence adult learning situations?
Research elements of effective course syllabi and instructional agendas. Review any Instructional Plan or Plans of your choice, or a digitized version of a post-secondary plan or training plan, to use in creating a course syllabus and an instructional agenda. Report on the following in a PowerPoint Presentation: - The import
1. Ã? Revenue should be recognized when:?Ã? Ã? - cash is received. Ã? - the service is performed. Ã? - the customer places an order. Ã? - the customer charges an order. 2. Ã? Which statement(s) concerning cash is (are) true??Ã? Ã? - cash will always have more debits than credi
Hi, I just need your opinion and input. Do students these days seemingly need a quick fix, education~wise? Is that why online schooling and technical schools seem to be so popular? Are the days of living in a dorm room, pledging fraternities and taking Basket-Weaving 101 a thing of the past?
1. The usual presentation of the statement of owner's equity is (1) Beginning capital, (2) Net income or loss, (3) Drawing, (4) Owner's contributions, (5) Ending capital. TRUE FALSE 2. At the end of the fiscal period, prepaid expenses are reported on the Income Statement as expenses. TRUE FALSE 3. After t
Hi Debbie, I am having trouble finding information on identifying 3 risk factors which influence behavior (may include considerations of brain development). I also need to know how each factor influences behavior. Could you explain to me how teachers analyze strategies that they may use to support the process of changing or r
Find a corporate sample collective bargaining agreement/union contract Evaluate the agreement/contract from the viewpoint of the organization's management and human resources perspectives. Select key provisions of particular interest to management or HR. Discuss your analysis of key provisions and potential impact on managemen
There is a student in my wife's class who is constantly trying to monopolize her time. He asks broad questions and insists that she answer them fully right then and there when she is in the middle of instruction. She tells him that we don't have time to discuss that in the middle of class but she would be happy to answer his qu
In my first school counseling job I notice that some teachers are not following students' Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). For example, one teacher does not allow un-timed testing for students who require this accommodation. When the accommodations are given, the teacher embarrasses the students and tells them in front
Gender Equity in Campus Athletics 1. Discuss the background of law 2. The issues addressed 3. How it came to find its way into law 4. How it has been interpreted in regulations developed by the Department of Education and the various states.
Just need your opinion and input with these 2 questions. 1. Consider a situation you have experienced in which challenging behaviors hindered the instructional environment and instructional delivery. 2. How may an effective course syllabus or instructional agenda guide the instructional process?
At what point does behavior become challenging? Include at least 3 examples of challenging behavior that are commonly seen in young children. Cite at least one source, in addition to course text, to substantiate your response.
1. What limitations are there on the exercise of religion in institutions that accept government funds? 2. To what extent may government be involved with higher education institutions affiliated with religious organizations? 3. What does the First Amendment "free exercise clause" mandate? 4. What does the First Amend