5. Critical Issues in Policing - Dangers of policing - Less-than-lethal weapons - Technology used in policing - Issues of homeland security and law enforcement relationships - One additional critical issue in policing that is of interest to you Explain the issue. Explain how the issue is relevant.
1. What is an example of technology that is used in policing? How does technology impact the ability for police organizations to function at a high level? Is there a better solution for police officers who are against or have difficulty with using technology? 2. What are the issues facing law enforcement today? How do these iss
Provide some tips that you plan to use for effectively presenting the research on substance abuse and the proposed solution to your specific audience. How would you determine who your audience is? What would you choose as your method of presentation? Explain why you would pick that method. How would you present your researc
Investigators are conducting surveillance of a residence and they notice the owner of the house step out his front door. A car pulls into the driveway, and the police see what appears to be drug/money exchanges occur. So, one of the surveillance vehicles decides to follow the car while another watches the residence. The police n
What is one unique serial killing or mass murder case study? Provide a synopsis of the case. State when and where the crime(s) took place. State who was/were the people who committed the crime. Analyze the background of this person/these people. State who the victims were and analyze what their backgrounds were. Explai
Most county sheriffs are elected officials, whereas police chiefs are generally appointed. How does this affect the policies of the respective departments? Who can make the greatest difference fighting crime, the top law enforcement officer in a community (police chief or sheriff) or a public official who is not a law enforcemen
- Address the Constitutional implications of suicidal inmates based on decisions made in cases such as the Supreme Court Case of Estelle v. Gamble (1976), and Newman v. Alabama (1974). How have these decisions made an impact. Explain. - How do you distinguish the potential suicide victim who is crying out for help from the ma
Please help me complete the following: An incident and command response structure for all emergency or public service agencies in AZ, such as police, fire, medical, and so forth. Ensure minimal components of operations, planning, administration, and logistics are included and fully developed to four levels. Make sure t
Review the following website to familiarize yourself with some of the criminal trial history, paying attention to the trial overview coverage beginning on page 7: www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/simpson/index_1.html Also conduct an internet search and review other sources for an overview of the trial.
Imagine that you are a police officer trainer. As trainers, you are asked to create a handout for new recruits about the role of police as it pertains to the constitution. Create a handout that includes the following: - Describe the functions of a police agency as it pertains to the constitution. - Explain the role of p
1. What is reactive patrol? How does reactive patrol differ from proactive patrol? What would happen if policing agencies adopted just one of the previously mentioned patrol styles? 2. What is probable cause? How does probable cause impact police officers and police agencies? What would happen if probable cause was nonexisten
I need help with an analysis of the Arizona Department of Corrections' Morey Unit hostage situation. Make recommendations for how the situation could have been avoided and mitigated based on an analysis of the situation and the response.
Please help me with the following: - Definition and origins of rehabilitation in prison. - Definition of parole and how it differs from mandatory release. - Definition of probation and how it compares to other forms of sentencing. - Definition and options of community corrections. - Critique the current rehabilitation op
1. Analyze the culture for women and ethnic minorities in policing and how they can achieve equality in law enforcement. 2. What is policing culture? 3. Explain probable cause and how it affects police officers and police. 4. Identify how police protect citizens' constitutional rights. 5. Discuss critical issues in p
Part 1: Based on research. How prevalent is the incidence of prisoner suicide? Explain in detail. What factors seem to contribute the most to prisoner suicide? Explain in detail, and use scholarly and academic resources to fully support your arguments. What are the characteristics and histories of victims of prisoner suicid
1. How would you define police recruitment? Compare and contrast the elements associated with police recruitment and the elements associated with the selection process. What changes would you recommend to the overall recruitment and selection process? 2. Over policing history, what has been the role of women and racial and et
The American Correctional Association requires performance-based standards that focus on actual compliance with expected practices. There are 7 functional areas: - Safety - Security - Order - Care - Program and Activity - Justice - Administration and Management Address each functional area listed above in an accredit
Case: The judge has decided to place the offender caught with 17g of heroin on a term of probation for 5 years. It was discovered through the presentence investigation report that he has serious addiction issues. Since the offender has failed treatment in the past, it was decided that he would be placed into a drug court prog
On the topic of the Federal Tort Claims Act of 1946, what are the issues of risk related to civil liability as it applies to crime, justice, and security organizations?
Select a prison special offender population and research a program aimed to assist or care for that population. What are the characteristics of the program? How has the program affected the special offender population in that prison?
1. What are the roles of police? How does the law dictate their roles and functions? How can the relationship between the policing system and the law be improved? 2. What are the various policing agencies? How do policing agencies differ at the federal, state, and local levels? Is there a better solution for seamless policing a
I have begun researching a paper on substance abuse and the success of incarceration based on drug laws and could use some help. I also need to follow the introduction with 1-2 page summary indicating the research method which I intend to use for my study. The study may be qualitative, quantitative, or a mixed- method approach (
I have some questions concerning the following case study: The judge is considering placing an offender who got caught with 17g of heroin on probation but is unsure which caseload would be appropriate. He asks the probation officer to write a presentence investigation report and conduct a risk needs assessment on the offend
I would appreciate guidance in writing a short paper about how the internet relates to crime but am finding the amount of material a little overwhelming. Can anyone help me?
1. When an offender enters a guilty plea for possession of heroin, what sentence might a Michigan judge impose? Further case details: -There was 17.2 grams of heroin seized. -A guilty plea was entered -The offender was cooperative. -The offender has 1 prior misdemeanor charge for possession of marijuana. He was sentenced to
Why is staff diversity important in correctional facilities? What are the advantages of having a diverse staff and the disadvantages of not having one? Describe a historical event that occurred due to having a non-diverse prison staff.
Discuss types of treatment and programs provided within prisons. How is an inmate's need for them identified? How have education programs changed over the years? What is involved in the continuum of care for inmates with mental health problems, and why is substance abuse treatment in prison critically important? How do work prog
Discuss prison gang development and characteristics of gang members. What strategies are being used in an attempt to control gangs in prison? Do you think these strategies are effective? Why, or why not?
Discuss inmate classification, reclassification, and internal classification systems. What do they involve? How does classification help control inmate behavior and support prison management?
Explain collective bargaining and its use in correctional agencies. Why were/are correctional administrators concerned by it? Do you think it is good that correctional employees have collective bargaining? Why, or why not?