Please see attached.
Mickey Mantle, arguably one of the greatest American athletes of all time was a recovering alcoholic. He was given a liver transplant with little chance of long term success. Do you think because of his stature as an athlete and American hero he deserved such treatment or should that organ have gone to another patient who could
One of the most difficult dilemmas to resolve relates to the allocation of valuable, but scarce resources. Setting standards by which resources are allocated is not an easy task. Please discuss the case of Todd Krampitz of Houston, Texas who found an effective way to cut in line for an organ transplant. Your discussion of Mr.
With scientific breakthroughs come new, unanticipated dilemmas that force us to rethink how we view the world, our culture and each other. One good example comes from the genetic discoveries science has made in the past fifty years; we now live in an era when we can test tissue samples or blood and determine whether or not a per
1. Using Total Quality Management(TQM ) as the basis to improve the in the performance of healthcare Organizations, what would be the expected impact on improved patient outcomes, higher levels of customer satisfaction, lower costs, etc., and list the critical success factors associated with implementing these programs in a hea
Continuum of Care Select a component of the U.S. health care delivery system continuum. Examples include long term care, home care, in-patient care, out-patient care, mental health care, occupational health, school health, etc. Describing the health care delivery component's role in providing services and how it contributes t
Why was the Clinton administration not successful in implementing a national health care program? You may use any references but please do not just copy and paste from these references.
A) Distinguish between the concentration ratio and the herfindahi-hirschman index (HHI). What are the limitations of these measures within the context of the pharmaceutical industry? b) If the interest group theory applies to hospitals, why doesn't it also apply to nursing homes? Would a doctor-owned, for-profit hospital b
You have been appointed to head the local division of a health care management organization. Do you think that it would be important to have a diverse work team in your unit? Why or why not? Would it be important to have a multicultural work team? Why or why not? Justify your rationale.
How do the Prospective Payment System of DRGs and managed care attempt to reduce overspending? Have these systems succeeded?
What might be two problems when developing community health programs that can lead to poor program evaluation?
Can some please write a summary of how dentists handle their patients' information?
What are two issues in a global economy that impact the scarcity of healthcare workers. List and briefly discuss two reasons why the globalization of healthcare is accelerating so quickly at this point in our history.
1. Identify and discuss health care reform initiatives that have been implemented in the past 2-5 years. 2. Identify and discuss health care reform initiatives that have are currently being considered.
What kind of problems can ensue from inaccuracies in the assignment of ICD-9 and CPT codes? How do such inaccuracies affect patient care and reimbursement?
1. List and describe 3 of the recommendations for health care reform from experts, interest groups, etc... 2. Discuss how President Barack Obama's plan/proposal fits (or does not fit) with the recommendations.
1. Find the Web site for California's health department. 2. Summarize eligibility criteria for the Medicaid program in your state of residence. 3. Describe your State's Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP). What is it called? Who is eligible? What services are covered?
Comparison between Medicare and Medicade and how has Medicare evolved to accommodate the changing needs of society? What is the consensus about the future of Medicare?
What is the impact of different leadership traits and styles in today's healthcare organization?
Briefly summarize and critique the Western scientific paradigm, which should addresses the questions that appear below: 1. What is the Western scientific paradigm, and what are its implications for health care in the U.S.? 2. What are some the problems associated with applying this paradigm in a culturally d
Please describe cause and effect (fishbone) diagram and an example of its use in healthcare. Please describe check sheets and an example of its use in healthcare. Please describe when and how sentinel event and root cause analysis (RCA) are used in the Performance Management Process.
How do regulatory agencies assist in providing benchmarking data? What is the approach and process in regards to benchmarking? Please include reference so I can gather more material.
Please conduct research and prepare a response that responds to or discusses the following: 1. Managed care philosophy and initiatives directed at prevention and health maintenance 2. The nature of the problem of vaccinations and access to vaccines relative to prevention and health maintenance 3. The steps taken to impro
1. What is the role of government in regulating behavior and providing resources? Support your answer. 2. How will you as a healthcare consumer continue to expand your knowledge base to better take care of yourself and your family? What are you doing that is different as a result of the information you received in this cour
Identify one hospital or health care organization that has experienced success from professional integration. Explain what type of integration was implemented and what kind of changes were made in the integration process.
Please provide assistance with the following questions: ------------------ Choose 2 types of physician-hospital arrangements and address the following questions: Compare the major points of these 2 types as they pertain to: (a) Physician-hospital relationships. (b) Which in your eyes is more effect
Many healthcare organizations have changed their conceptual approach to their structure and methods, so as to be in alignment with the Process Centered Concept. The "centeredness" aspect is the patient. Preent an example of a healthcare organization that has undertaken such a change and explains "how it is done."
This job offers some assistance with the overview of community health plan and how to get started: Community Health Social Marketing Program: Prepare a presentation for a social marketing plan for deployment and evaluation of the suggested community health initiative. Overview of Community Health Plan Discuss role of Soci
A middle-aged patient has awoken from surgery. He begins screaming for someone to talk to about his condition. Earlier in the day, he was told by his doctor that his surgery revealed intestinal cancer. No one has been in to see him since that conversation. The patient doesn't understand why a hospital that is supposed to want to
1. Is the role of the government in the shaping of national policy increasing? Why may this be either harmful or beneficial? 2. What are the stances of the Republican and Democratic parties on some of the current health care polices? Thank you.