1. What historical events have had a dramatic impact on the development of your culture? Have cultural traditions and behaviors changed as a result of significant historical events? 2. How might current technologies affect and change your culture? Provide examples. 3. Which forces shape your own culture, and how do they in
What are the four critical operational value differences based in culture? Explain each of them. Course Text Book: Deresky, H. (2011). International management: Managing across borders and cultures (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
How can an IT strategy be planned to work in an organizational culture that is reluctant to change? Be sure to provide examples for your reasoning.
Can Information Technology be culturally neutral?
The influence of culture changes the approach to decision making. Give examples of how different cultures approach decision making.
What is the definition of culture? How does one become part of a culture? Is societal culture based in genetics or environment? How so? What is cultural sensitivity? How does it affect international business?
The case study questions: How does culture influence decision making and problem solving? How would participation in a culturally diverse team affect decision-making and problem-solving activities? In some cultures, men are considered dominant and the only "voice" in decisions. If a team had members from different cultures
1. What are the values, terminal values, instrumental values, and norms at your organization or an organization you are familiar with? How was your organization's culture transmitted to employees? If given the opportunity, how would you reshape the organizational culture? 2. Consider an organization you are familiar with. Whe
1. List the six guidelines proposed for successful downsizing, and explain the importance of each one. 2. Wheelen & Hunger(2010), points out the importance of assessing the strategy-culture compatibility when implementing a new strategy. Do you feel that culture follows strategy, or does strategy follow culture? Justify
Organizational Culture Report Write a 14-16 page (excluding charts, graphs) paper that diagnoses an organization's culture and then present a plan to change it to a culture that is more conducive to that of a learning organization. The formal paper should include the following sections, which should be headings withi
Circuit City is a company that didn't do what they needed to meet market needs or adapt to the constant changes. That said, Best Buy has their own set of challenges. They changed their strategy a while back and it seems to be backfiring on them. What would you do differently? What happens to companies who enter markets withou
In 350 to 450 words I need help describing the Walt Disney Company and their philosophy, mission, vision, values, and structure.
Author: Mark S. Schwartz Title: The State of Business Ethics in Israel: A Light Unto the Nations? Particulars: Journal of Business Ethics, Issue 105 pp.429-446 Publisher: Springer Year: 2012 URL: http://springer/article/10.1007%2Fs10551-011-0975-x Please assist with the following questions: 1) Summarize the article i
Identify two or more strategies that Toyota is presently taking to win back its loyal customer base and argue whether you believe these strategies are working or not based on Toyota's organizational structure, culture and controls. Are they succeeding at this endeavor? Pay special attention to Toyota's values and culture in your
I need to prepare a PowerPoint with notes about giving a presentation on culture and negotiating styles in an international setting. Using a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with 10-12 slides, I want to address the following: 1. Define culture and discuss its impact on negotiation along with an example. 2. Define negot
1. Hofestede's research indicates that national cultures exist. Do you believe that in a heterogeneous nation, such as the United States, a national culture that is shared by all society does exist? Explain 2. The "perceptual gap" between supervisors and employees still exists today - why? In answering this question one sho
Choose an industry in which two or more companies has historically competed to maintain a significant share of the marketplace. These could include: Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola, Apple and Microsoft, GM and Ford Motor Company, or any other well-known pair of competitors. 1. Determine how each corporate culture differs from th
Compare and contrast the two types of organizational culture that develop within a prison: management culture and relationship culture. Explain the continuum ranges for each type of culture and what they mean. 325 word essay with reference
I just need a simple example for each: Hofstede Dimensions of Culture - Culture's influence on intercultural communications is far from a new subject amongst theoreticians, and there has been a lot of theories created on the subject, including various ways to measure and compare the cultural parameters Individualism versu
Environment of Corporate Culture - Are you fit for managerial uncertainty? 1. Complete the Management in Practice Experimental Exercise (Working in the Adaptive Culture) and analyze the results of your perception of management's impact on organizational culture. 2. Assume you are a manager of the local Wal-Mart. Describe how
Achievement Culture and Ascription Culture- understanding difference, and importance of acknowledging differences when managing cross culturally.
Describe the difference between an achievement culture and an ascription culture. How does an understanding of these differences help an international manager be effective in dealing with clients outside his or her own culture?
Can you provide some examples based on the following discussion about culture? According to Schein, culture is 'a pattern of basic assumptions - invented, discovered or developed by a given group as it learns to cope with its problems of external adaptation and internal integration - that has worked well enough to be consider
Discuss how organizational structure and culture impact short and longer term strategies. Please include references.
See the attached file. Assignment 1: Here is the link for the video: http://www.hulu.com/watch/359598 Organizational Culture Analysis: After watching the video "The Devil's Playground" (link located in the Readings & Resources folder) write a 5 page analysis of the Amish as depicted in this documentary. Your response s
1) Identify 3-5 significant workplace behaviors that tend to be different in this country than in the UAE. 2) Identify the major cultural dimensions (e.g., low power distance, high uncertainty avoidance, long-term orientation, etc.) that tend to explain such behaviors. 3) 1-2 page written summary at the time of the prese
How do generational differenes influence the organizational culture of the workplace?
Executive Summary of Article on Food, Business, and Culture Purpose: To concisely summarize the essential elements of the article, to save your reader time. You also want to keep their interest in the summary, knowing they would not likely take time to read the entire original article. Please provide assistance in creati
1) Assess how Southwest Airlines' culture is different from other airline competitors and the resulting impact on business performance. 2) Southwest Airlines' management believes that employees come first and customers come second. Assess the merits of this belief, and please give an example of why you are in agreement with th
The Full Scope Evaluation Pre-Planning Inventory is a tool to assess the organizational readiness before planning and implementing an evaluation. Please review Effective Training A Case Study From the Oil & Gas Industry by Eliane T. Cullen in Grantham's Ebscohost Library. It is an examination of the steps for undertaking a train
As a manager, you have the power to change your organization's culture. However changing an established culture of leadership through cost control to differentiation through rapid customization will be a tough task to face. To do so, you must win the hearts and minds of the people you work with, and that takes both being shrew