I need to prepare a PowerPoint with notes about giving a presentation on culture and negotiating styles in an international setting. Using a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with 10-12 slides, I want to address the following:
1. Define culture and discuss its impact on negotiation along with an example.
2. Define negotiation styles and their cultural impact, including goals, attitudes, personal styles, communication, time sensitivity, emotionalism, forms of agreement and building, team organization, and risk taking.
3. Include at least two popular components of culture's effect on negotiations.
What are some of the personal strategies, including goals, attitudes, personal styles, communication, time sensitivity, emotionalism, forms of agreement and building, team organization, and risk taking, that help enhance negotiation processes?
4. Discuss the emotional problems and communication difficulties encountered in cross-cultural negotiation processes. Justify your answer using appropriate examples.
5. What are the important indicators of the respect for and adherence to ethical behavior?
6. How can groups and individuals use negotiation policies and practices to support their understanding of culture and negotiation? Provide an example to support your answer© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 10:42 am ad1c9bdddf
How can groups and individuals use negotiation policies and practices to support their understanding of culture and negotiation? Provide an example to support your answer.
Groups and individuals can support their understanding of culture and negotiation ...
Negotiation Styles and Communication
Pack Your Bags - We Are Going Global!
We have attempted to point out, that in any inter-personal communication in general, and at the negotiating table in particular, we have to be aware of the people involved, their personal styles, and the various forms of communication.
If trying to figure out: "does he mean what he says, or does he say what he means", is not hard enough, than when we add diversity of cultures and differences of character, it may seem like an insurmountable peak to climb.
Please read the following article:
Van, D. T. T. (2009). A Comparative Study of Vietnamese and American Customers' Behavior in Negotiation Style and Implications for Global Pricing Strategy Journal of Global Business Issues. Burbank:Summer 2009. Vol. 3, Iss. 2, p. 25-32 (8 pp.)
Please pay special attention to the personal styles and preferences between the two target groups.
Discuss the following questions:
-How would you describe the personal style and preferences of the negotiators in the Far-East vs. the Westerners?
-What practical lessons have you learned from this module regarding a possible negotiation session with the Far Easteners? Point out at least three and explain in depth.
Human behaviors are diverse and much more so when we have cultural differences between the two sides - point them out.View Full Posting Details