What are the four critical operational value differences based in culture? Explain each of them.
Course Text Book:
Deresky, H. (2011). International management: Managing across borders and cultures (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
There are critical operational value differences based in culture. These include time, change, material factors and individualism. Time in the United States and Western Europe, for instance, is concrete. Deadlines are placed on projects and expectations regarding due dates are anticipated and primarily honored. In other parts of the world, time may by more flexible and dynamic. The text points out that "tomorrow" in Latin America may mean an indefinite time in the future. Arabs bristle at deadlines applied to projects, and, "To ask an Arab to rush something, then is to imply that you ...
This solution identifies and explains four critical operational value differences based in culture. APA formatted reference is included.
1. In the case The EC Shatters Microsoft's Window
a. What are the background reasons behind all these different historic, political, legal, and business practices that gave rise to this situation?
b. Are there any differences in the approach to globalization?
2. Describe the term Managing Interdependence in Global arena and how the profitability of individual companies depends on cooperative attitudes toward global interdependence.
3. What are your recommendations for the MNC in Managing Interdependence between MNC subsidiaries and host country companies?
4. Evaluate Hofstede' four value of dimensions. How this knowledge will help the Managers of Multinational Corporations?
5. Interpret Trompenaar's Findings in cultural values and suggest strategies for managing MNC based on Trompenaar's Findings.
6. What is meant by the culture of a society, and why is it important for international managers to understand it? Do you notice cultural differences among your classmates? How do those differences affect the class environment? Your group projects? Your work environment? What are your suggestions you can provide to minimize disagreements and maximize productivity in corporations that lack diversity?
7. Discuss the role of information systems in a company, how and why it varies from country to country. Describe the effects of these variations in companies in different countries.
8. Discuss the stages in the negotiations process and how culturally based value system influence these stages. Explain the role of relative importance of relationship building in different countries explained in your textbook. Discuss the various styles and tactics that can be involved in exchanging task-related information.View Full Posting Details