Why do you feel integrity is an important value for a manager to have? Give an example of how a manager with integrity can help a team. Identify any issues that may occur if a manager lacks integrity.
1) Firstly, identify a team in a medical setting. This team can come from a department, section, work area, doctor's office, laboratory, or any other medical section. The key is to show how teamwork is an important part of working in a health care setting. For example, you could use the operating room, emergency department, phys
1. You are a project manager operating in a projectized organization with a project management office (PMO). John, a project team member, is no longer needed on the project. How can you remove John from the project team? A. John cannot leave the project because a PMO requires team members stay on the project until it is comp
Topic: Project team experience and project scheduling Use any experience can be from a current or past position that you know of.
In high performing teams, is it more important that a manager use power or motivation?
1: How does affective conflict arise within teams? 2: How does cognitive conflict arise within teams? 3: How can affective conflict be managed within teams? 4: How can cognitive conflict be managed within teams? Each of these research questions will be approached through the filters of action research, which are: (a)
Case Study Life is never boring at NASA, but you and your team are really in the hot seat today. You're in charge of an exciting project: a mission to deliver some of the last large pieces of the International Space Station to the crew constructing it. You're supposed to launch tomorrow and you're in the middle of countdown, bu
Select a project with which you have been involved. If you have no experience working on a project, select any project on which you can conduct research. How were triple constraint (time, cost, and performance) priorities defined for the project? Were priorities communicated clearly? If so, how were they communicated to the proj
Q1. How does a project manager act like a politician? What are some of the conflicts that may occur between parties that have various interests in the project you manage? Provide an example in which you managed a project where you had to use an array of influencing strategies to ensure that your project was completed in a timely
What are major pitfalls or risks that could affect the success of learning teams? A short answer in 100 words.
What key communication skills foster effective learning teams? A short answer in 100 words.
PART 1 Your consulting firm has been hired by a small company to prepare a research paper aligned with their plans for a global expansion. The business has been successful for the past ten years with steady growth. However, the company believes that creating additional layers of management would increase performance. The comp
You are the sales manager for a firm based in the United States that is beginning to market its products to overseas clients. In fact, several groups are visiting your firm, with the first being from Japan. To be better prepared to receive them, you want to do some research on potential areas of cultural conflict. You want to re
Does your organization use team approach? If so, are the teams empowered to plan and control some of their operations, or do they just follow orders? What improvements would you like to see?
How can project managers maintain morale on projects? What are four can't versus won't situations, and leadership styles?
How do large teams and small teams differ? How do teams interact on large and small projects? Should the project manager be an expert in the project's subject area?
More and more often, project teams are geographically dispersed. Geographically dispersed projects are referred to as virtual projects. As project manager of a virtual project, what are some of the communication issues that might arise? What are some ways to transmit information between team members? Are there different ways dep
Due to cutbacks at the company you work for, the division you manage recently merged with another division to minimize costs. Your division works in teams the majority of the time, and due to the merger, new members have been added to each team. One of your team members comes to you upset about the merger. She feels as though ot
Name a company that successfully uses teamwork and empowerment. What has that company done that makes it so successful in this regard? Has its team approach made a difference in its performance? How? In the discussion forum, post a review of the outcomes from your study and your opinion of the study, outcomes, and perceptions i
You are in charge of managing a global virtual team that develops a high technology product. Your company is headquartered in Northern California, where the R&D is also located. But team members are all over the world, in China, in India, in France, in Ireland, in Mexico, and in Brazil. The team is made up of top professionals i
1. What are some of the characteristics that differentiate projects from other functions carried out in the daily operations of an organization? List some examples of work considered to be a project and work not considered to be a project. 2. Why is the traditional project management approach less effective when project scope
Describe and summarize various types of teams. What strategies can a team leader use to increase commitment of team members? how does a team leader know if members are motivated and commited to the group?
What is the most effective compensation structure for a retail sales team? What about a retail support team? How do you assess the costs and benefits of nonfinancial rewards?
Pick a team. Why is it effective and what can a manager learn from its characteristics and activities?
1. Pick a team that you are currently a member of, a prior team in which you were a member, or search the Internet for an example of a real-life team. Be sure to choose one that meets these two criteria: (1) it's not part of a for-profit business and (2) you can argue it's highly effective. State the name of your team list its w
1. What are some reasons global teams fail? How might team members overcome communication barriers? Explain your answers. 2. What are some best practices for functioning in a global environment? Be specific. 3. How might a transnational organization's tactics be best aligned with its strategy? What happens when tactics are
1. Explain how it is possible to shorten the critical path and save money. 2. What are the differences between leading and managing a project? 3. What are unique challenges to managing a virtual project team?
Identify each stage of the team formation and the corresponding skill set required from the project manager.
Can you help me with the following assignment? In the unit readings, you explored strategies for selecting and applying metrics to strategic supply chain management. For this discussion review the metrics discussed on pages 205-210, Figure 5-5 on page 206, and Figure 5-6 on page 208, (Refer to this link: http://lvk.cs.msu.su
State five barriers to effective team building. Provide suggestions for how a project manager can minimize or eliminate TWO of these five barriers.
Risk Management: Develop an outline that describes how the team should proceed in handling project risks
Assume you have just been assigned to a project risk team of five members. Because this is the first time your organization has formally set up a risk team for a project, it is hoped that your team will develop a process that can be used on all future projects. Your first team meeting is next Monday morning. Each team member has