Jill has a swimming pool in her backyard. It measures approximately 16.4 feet wide and 26.25 feet long. It is an average of 5 feet deep. During a few hot weeks during the summer, some water evaporates from the pool, and Jill needs to add 10 inches of water to the depth of the pool, using her garden hose. Although her water press
See the attached file. CheckPoint 11) Bayside Insurance offers two health plans. Under plan A, Giselle would have to pay the first $190, plus 40% of the rest. Under plan B, Giselle would pay the first $220, but only 30% of the rest. For what amount of medical bills will plan B save Giselle money? Assume she has over $220 in
See the attached file. 1) Solve algebraically and check your potential solutions: a) sqrt(t+12)-t=0 b) 3/(x-3)=x/(x-3)-3/2 ? Answer Show your work here: What potential solution did you obtain? Explain why this is not a solution. Answer: 2) a) If y=sqrt(x)-1, fill in the following table for x = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Round t
1a) Solve the following quadratic equation by factoring: Answers: Show work here: 1b) Solve the following quadratic equation by using the quadratic formula: Read the information in the assignment list to learn more about how to type math symbols, such as the square root. Answers: Show work here: 1c) Compute the discrimin
Creating a Shape: You will create a colored in, closed figure on a coordinate plane and then state the inequalities that allow you to create the figure. You may use the link and directions below to help you create your shape or you may use any paint program, power point, or graph the figure by hand, scan, and attach. For h
1. Traffic signs are regulated by the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). The perimeter of some traffic signs must be 68 Inches. Also, its length is 6 inches longer than its width. Find the dimensions of this sign. The width of the sign is? The Length of the sign is? 2. A hardw
Let F be a field. The 1-dimensional affine group over F is the set A of all functions f: F -> F of the form f(x) = ax+b where a, b belong to F and a is a unit. Let S and T be subsets of A consisting of the scaling (s(x)=ax) and translations (t(x) = x+b) Are S and T normal subgroups? If p > 3 and F = Z/p consider the subgro
The problem is in the attachment.
5. How many feet of fencing should be purchased for a rectangular garden that is 17 ft. long and 16 ft. wide? A) 272 ft. B) 132 ft. C) 66 ft. D) 33 ft. 7. Write 0.000097717 in scientific notation. A) B) C) D) 9. Write 130% as a fraction in simplified form. A) B) C)
1. Imagine that every single person in your contact list has the same number of people in their contact list as you. Write this total number of all the contacts in all the phones (ignore the fact that some may repeat) as an exponential. Next, evaluate this exponential. 2. Express the value you calculated in the first problem
Exercises 1. Solve the following problems with exponents a. 25 b. 3-3 c. 115 d. 02 e. 223/4 2. Solve the following problems with roots a. (sqrt)169 b. (sqrt)50 c. 3(sqrt)82 (Cube Root of 82) 3. Write the following
1. Explain the five-steps for solving rational equations. Can any of these steps be eliminated? Can the order of these steps be changed? Would you add any steps to make it easier, or to make it easier to understand? Provide an example with your explanation. 2. How might the Pythagorean theorem and distance formula be used in
You are considering the purchase of a computer and have consulted several computer magazines that contain ratings and prices for the five models you are investigating. You decide to include price, speed, and expansion capabilities as three criteria on which you will judge the models under consideration. The ratings, with 10 bein
1. What is the greatest common factor? How do you know when you have found the greatest one? Provide an example and a detailed explanation. 2. Explain how to factor the following trinomials forms: x2 + bx + c and ax2 + bx + c. Is there more than one way to factor this? Use an example in your explanation. Show your answer usin
For questions 1-2, apply the quadratic formula to find the roots of the given function, and then graph the function. For questions 3-4, factor the quadratic expression completely, and find the roots of the expression. For question 5, complete the square, and find the roots of the quadratic equation. In questions 6-1
1. Factor the following expression completely 36x3 - 16x 2. Andrew factored the expression 28x^3-6x^2-10x as 2x(14x^3-3x^2-5x). But when Melissa applied the distributive law and multiplied out 2x(14x^3-3x^2-5x), she got 28x^4-6x^3-10x^2 ; thus, Andrew's solution does not appear to check. Why is that? Please help Andrew to
1.) A gardener wants to create a triangular garden in the shape of a right triangle with shortest side length x - 2y ft. and the middle length side x + 4y ft. What is an algebraic expression for the area of the garden? Be sure to multiply this out and express in simplest correct mathematical form, including units. 2.) Find th
What are some key people and developments in regards to mathematics during the Medieval era?
A household electricity bill for one month in which 2,494 kWh (kilowatt per hour) were used includes, among other charges, a distribution charge. The bill reads: Current Charges Charges for - UTILITIES Residential Rate: RS for Jun 9 - Jul 12 Distribution Charge: Customer Charge
1. Sketch a graph of the following equations a. b. y = |x| + 2 c. 2. Find the equation (in the form ) of a line through points (1, 7) and (-3,2) 3. The relationship between air temperature T (in ?F) and altitude h (in feet above seal level) is approximately linear up to an altitude of 20,000 feet. If th
1. Solve using the addition principle. m - 3 = 5 A) 2 B) -2 C) 8 D) -8 2. Solve using the addition principle. s + 5 = 8 A) -3 B) 13 C) 3 D) -13 3. Solve using the addition principle. x - = 0 A) - 9 B) 9 C) D) - 4. Solve using the addition principle. 8 = z + 3 A) -11 B) 11 C) 5 D) -5
Please see the attached file for the complete problem description. Note: a) and b) are independent; for each of them it should be separately decided if that combination is an ideal and for the first point of the question all ideals are in Z[sqrt(-5)].
Quadratics, Definitions of Functions, Relationships Between Exponents & Logarithms, Inverse Functions.
Write a word problem involving a quadratic function. How would you explain the steps in finding the solution to someone? Is the compound interest formula (such as would be used to calculate a car loan) an example of a function? If yes, of what type of function is it an example? Why might you identify it with that type of func
Some homework practice I would like your assistance to prepare for exam. 1. Y^2-6y+9=8 ( exact solutions to three decimal places) Y=_______ 2. Solve 7x+x(x-4) = 0 the solution is x = _________ Find the x intercepts of f(x) = 7x+x(x-4) the x intercepts are _____ 3. F(x) = -1/2x^2 The vertex is _______
Problem: John and his son are hauling Christmas trees to market. The market is 420 miles from the tree farm. John's truck averages 32 MPH and leaves at 8 am. Owen's truck averages 46 MPH and leaves at 9 am. At what time will the two trucks be in the same location?
I recently opened a specialty pizza business. I can sell my specialty pizzas for $15. The cost for making the pizzas includes a fixed cost of $55. And a labor cost of $4.00 per pizza. 1. Create an equation to determine revenue. 2. Create an equation to determine total cost. 3. How many pizzas must be sold to break even (i.e.,
1. Nick is one-forth his grandfatherâ??s age. Five years ago, he was one-fifth his grandfatherâ??s age. How old are Nick and his Grandfather now? 2. Eloise bought new clothes for school. In the first store, she spent half the money she had, plus $10. In the second store, she spent half of what was left, plus $5. In th
In general, the area of a rectangular shape is found by multiplying the length of the area by the width of the area. This can be represented by the formula area = length x width or A = L x W. If you were to measure the length and width in feet, then the result of this equation will be in square feet (ft^2). The resulting number
A liquid tank system is explored and using a number of input sensor conditions boolena expressions for and overfill alarm OV and an Empty alarm EP are derived for the conditions/scenarios given The boolean expression for an Overflow fill alarm OV which is active 1. if the input flow rate sensor is high while the output sensor is low, the pressure is low and the level is high 2. If both flow rates are high while the output flow rates are low and the pressure is low Is derived. Also the EP = Empty alarm boolean expression is derived for conditions where EP is high when 1. Both input rates are low, the level is low and the output flow rate is high 2. If either input flow rate is low, the output flow rte high and the pressure in the tank is high
A liquid tank system is explored and using a number of input sensor conditions boolena expressions for and overfill alarm OV and an Empty alarm EP are derived for the conditions/scenarios given The boolean expression for an Overflow fill alarm OV which is active 1. if the input flow rate sensor is high while the output se
So you're buying a car.You know that interest today is low. But you found a place where you can earn 1% interest per month. You invest $1000 on the 1st of each month. By the end of the month, that $1000 is now $1010. You keep doing this for 4 months, then take that money to use on a down payment for a car that is $22,323 (incl t