1. Simplify the following expression, and rewrite it in an equivalent form with positive exponents (12x^7y^9)/(36xy^7 2. Raise the quantity in parentheses to the indicated exponent, and simplify the resulting expression. (-3x^6y)^3 3. Simply the following expression, and rewrite it in an equivalent form with positive e
Help with the following problems. Please work the problem out. Thank you 1. Simplify -5y^4(y^5)^2 15y^7(y^2)^3 2. Parenthesis is around the whole problem. (3^3)^2 3 3. Simplify w^-4 w^6 4. Simplify * Parenthesis is around the whole problem* (2s^-1t^3)^-3 6s^2t^-4 5. Write in standard notation. 9.3 x 10
1) Factor the polynomial completely. P(x) = x^2 + 9 P(x) = Find all its zeros. State the multiplicity of each zero. (If an answer does not exist, enter DNE.) real zero x=______ with multiplicity______ complex zero x=_______(positive imaginary part) with multiplicity ____ co
1) A polynomial P is given. P(x) = x^4 + 49x^2 (a) Find all zeros of P, real and complex. (Enter your answers as a comma-separated list. If a root has multiplicity greater than one, only enter the root once.) x = (b) Factor P completely. P(x) = 2) A polynomial P is given. P(x) = x^3 â?' 10x^2 + 50x (a) Find all zer
1) Find all rational zeros of the polynomial. (Enter your answers as a comma-separated list. If a zero has multiplicity greater than one, only enter the root once.) P(x) = x^3 â?' 6x^2 + 11x â?' 6 x= Write the polynomial in factored form. P(x) = 2) Find all rational zeros of the polynomial. (Enter your answers as a c
1. From the graph below, state the coordinates of the point at which the two lines intersect (Note to my BrainMass pal, if you are not able to read the numbers, they are ) Down: 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 Across the numbers are - 6 -4 -2 -1 0 2, 4, 6, 2. Solve using the substitution metho
Prove that the open interval (-pi/2,pi/2) considered as a subspace of the real number system, topologically equivalent to the real number system. Prove that any two open intervals, considered as subspaces of the real number system, are topologically equivalent. Prove that any open interval, considered as a subspace of the r
Post a 200- 300 word response to the following: Explain the rules of exponents and provide one example of each: Multiplying Monomials: Product of Powers Power of Power Power of a Product Dividing Monomials: Quotient of Powers Power of a Quotient Please help.
Show the total cost expression and calculate the EOQ for an item with holding cost rate 18%, unit cost $8.00, annual demand of 40000, and ordering cost of $48.
1) Factor the polynomial and use the factored form to find the zeros. P(x) = x^3 â?' x^2 â?' 72x x = (smallest value) x = x = (largest value) 2) Factor the polynomial and use the factored form to find the zeros. P(x) = x^4 â?' 3x^3 + 2x^2 x = (smallest value) x = x = x = (largest value)
The magnitude (size) of the force, F, between two masses a distance r apart is given by the equation F equals (G times m subscript 1 times m subscript 2) over (r squared) Where G is a constant. Rearrange this equation to make G the subject. A ball is thrown vertically upwards into the air with a speed of8.5 m s-1.Assu
A personality test has a subsection designed to assess the "honesty" of the test-taker. Suppose that you are interested in the mean score, mu, on this subsection among the general population. You decide that you will use the mean of a random sample of scores on this subsection to estimate mu. What is the minimum sample size need
The order that we use to assemble a cake or build a house is important. The same holds true for evaluating any expression in math. We call this the Order of Operations. In your own words, explain the Order of Operations. Give an example of an expression to fit this situation in math and an example in real life. Please sh
128. Factor completely Remember to look first for a common factor. Check by multiplying. If a polynomial is prime, state this. − x3 + x2 + 42x 28. Factor completely. Remember to look first for a common factor and to check by multiplying. If a polynomial is prime, state this. 25x2 + 10x + 1 8. Solve using the principle of z
How does the knowledge of simplifying an expression help you, personally, to solve an equation efficiently? Give an example from your life in how knowing the reason why helped you with the process of solving a difficult situation or problem.
1.Samantha's student loans total $20,000. Part was a personal loan at 12% interest; the other was a Stafford loan at 10%. After one year the loans accumulated $2160 in interest. What was the amount of each loan? a)Develop an equation to represent the sum of the loans, use 'x' for the personal loan, use 'y' for the Stafford
When we manipulate expressions and equations, we realize that there are basic properties that govern what we can and can't do. One of those properties is the Commutative Property. Let's consider this property in our discussion. Is there a commutative property of subtraction? In other words, does order matter when subtracting? Wh
Please assist me in solving these equations. A. Solve and find solution to X 15x^4 -13x^2 + 2 = 0 1. Solve and find the solution for X w^2 - 6w - 27 = 0 2. Solve and find the solution to X X^2 + 14x - 4 = 0 B. Multiply (r + d) (r^2 - rd + d^2) 1. Multiply (-3n)^2(2n^7)^2 E. Find the solutions. What is/are the soluti
How do you compute the intercepts of a quadratic function? In case of a quadratic function, why are there two x-intercepts and one y-intercept? Which topic covered in this class was the most challenging for you? Why? How did you overcome this challenge? What is the meaning of "axis" in regards to a quadratic function? Why
Identify the attitude, values, and ideologies that tend to perpetuate gender inequality
1. When solving a rational equation, why it is ok to remove the denominator by multiplying both sides by the LCD (least common denominator)? Why can you not do the same operation when simplifying a rational expression? 2. Why are there usually two solutions in quadratic equations? Under what situation would one or more solution
1). Without using a graph utility, sketch the graph of f(x) =3^x-5 2) A certain population grows according to the equation Y=40e^0.025t. Find the initial population (to the nearest integer) when t=50. 3) Write in exponential from: logb 37=2. 4) Write as sum, difference, or multiple of logarithms: in 5x/3â??X^2+1
Please refer to the attachment to view all the questions. Problem 13. A discount store sold plastic cups for $3.50 each and ceramic cups for $4 each. If 400 cups were sold for a total of $1,458, how many cups of each type were sold? What was the dollar value of each type of cup sold? Problem 15. Lashonna Harris is a buyer for Plough. She can purchase 100 pounds of chemicals for $97. At this same rate, how much would 2,000 pounds of chemical cost? Problem 5. Last week at a festival, a man sold 3 times as many tie-dyed T-shirts as silk-screened shirts. He sold 200 shirts altogether. How many tie-dyed shirts did he sell? Problem 6. A man ordered 4 times as many boxes of ballpoint pens as boxes of felt-tip pens. Ball point pens cost $4.44 per box, and felt-tip pens cost $3.41. If the man's order of pens totaled $63.51, how many boxes of each type of pens did he buy? How many boxes of felt-tip pens did he buy? Problem 9. A company purchased $10,000 pair of men slacks for $18.76 per pair and marked them up $22.33. What was the selling price of each pair of slacks? Use the formula S=C+M. Problem 10. A company sold bird feeder for $72.27 and had marked them up $36.92. What was the cost of the feeders? Use the formula S=C+M.
Please refer to the attachment to view all the questions. Problem 13. A discount store sold plastic cups for $3.50 each and ceramic cups for $4 each. If 400 cups were sold for a total of $1,458, how many cups of each type were sold? What was the dollar value of each type of cup sold? Problem 15. Lashonna Harris is a buye
1. Jake is making tea. He has brewed 13 cups of tea and begins to sweeten it with sugar. What represents the ratio of sugar to total tea if Jake adds x cups of sugar? 2. Ken is preparing a solution of weed killer for his garden. He pours 3 quarts of water into the sprayer. He needs to add concentrated weed killer to the water. W
#1 The perimeter of a rectangle is 144m. The length is 6m more than twice the width. Find the dimensions. #2 Hockey teams receive 2 points when they win and 1 point when they tie. One season, a team won a championship with 61 points. They won 11 more games than they tied. How many wins and how many ties did they have? #3 T
College math problems including logical connective, truth tables, and algebra. [See attachment] --------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Write the negation of the statement: No one likes asparagus. 2. Determine the truth value of the statement 3. Determine whether the argument is valid o
1. Approximately how long will it take $1,000 to grow to $5,006 at 8% annual interest and compounded 12 times per year? 2. Solve for x in the following equation: 3. Solve the following equation for the value of x: 4. Find the value of x in the following equation: 5. What is the value of x in the following equation
1. A sales representative for a time-sharing company has a monthly sales quota of 500 units. The representative sold 120 units during the first week, 135 units during the second week, and 165 units during the third week of the month. How many units must be sold before the end of the month if the salesperson is to meet the quota?
Suppose that the number of new homes built, H, in a city over a period of time, t, is graphed on a rectangular coordinate system where time is on the horizontal axis. Suppose that the number of homes built can be modeled by an exponential function, H= p * at , (H = p*a^t) where p is the number of new homes built in the first yea
They currently have a 30 yr loan with an 8% annual interest rate. the original loan was for $250,000 but over three years the Taylors have reduced the loan balance to $243,200. A local bank ha offeref them a 15 yr loan with a 6.5% annual interest rate. the bank will charge a 1% fee of $2,432 (0.01x$243,200=$2,432) to prepare