Create a database with a table called "tblMenu." This table has the following columns: ID -This is the Primary Key. It has a type of Autonumber. Font:- Text (Set this to unique value.) Add at least five fonts ("Arial", etc) to the "Font" column. Create a Visual Studio.NET 2005 web application with two aspx forms. Add a
Create an MS Access database called "Scores.mdb." Add a table to this database called "tblScores" that contains the following columns: StudentID - AutoNumber StudentName - Text Grade - Number Add at least 10 rows to this table. Create an ASP.NET project with Visual Studio that contains two aspx forms. The first fo
What is the disconnected data model? How does this method for storing data improve the performance of a web application?
1. Look at attach Figure. Your job is to write the code that implements the matrix using three roles: CHIEF_EDITOR, WRITERS, and EDITORS. Create the roles, and grant the appropriate privileges to the roles. (Hint: AGAINES is the Chief Editor, OCORTEZ is a writer, and JHANSON is an editor.) Save your work as a .sql file.
8. Give every employee in the Local Locale Company the privileges needed to query and update the NEWS_ARTICLE table and the CLASSIFIED_AD table. Write only two commands to accomplish this task. Save your work as a .sql file.
What is complex data binding? What advantages can this capability lend to a multiple-table database application? Present an example of a situation where complex binding would be appropriate in an application and discuss why this approach is needed in this scenario.
You realize that the code you had created can be reused for many other purposes for future programs. You decide to create a library for your reusable code. Using the pseudocode for the program, you identify the aspects of the program that can be reusable and write/rewrite it so it can be reused. You rewrite your pseudocode to im
Sears competes using database warehouse and OLAP tools. What can be done to overcome store managers' resistance to the use of data and analytical tools? Is their resistance to analysis necessarily a bad thing?
Explain the following terms: Data Warehouse, Data Mining, OLAP Tools.
I need to convert this project from Microsoft Access to an Oracle9i Database. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
7. Add a PRIMARY KEY constraint to the CH10DOG table. The primary key column is named DOG_ID. The constraint should be nondeferrable, immediate, and enable. Include the parameters for the constraint states even though they are the default settings and not technically required. Save the SQL.
1. What kind of business scenarios might have use of a CHECK constraint? 2. What kind of business scenarios might call for disabling a constraint? 3. What types of limits would you place on the average database user? On an expert user?
Write the SQL command to create a table with the following traits:  The table is named BEARS.  The table has nine columns: BEAR_TAG, BEAR_NAME, TAGGED_DATE, WEIGHT, HEIGHT, BIRTH_DATE, LAST_KNOWN_LOCATION (allow 2000 bytes), PHOTO (a BLOB), and MAP (a BFILE).  The table resides in the USERS tablespace
3. One of your dictionary-managed tablespaces seems to run out of space long before you calculated that it would. There has been a lot of activity in which tables were created, then dropped, and re-created with different storage settings. Explain why your tablespace has a problem, and list two actions you can take to alleviat
I need to write information on Analysis of Database Technology. I have the following questions that need to be answered in detail. Can you please advise me where I can find the best information to answer the following questions. 1. What database systems are used and why? 2. What are suggested business applications uses of d
Take your current knowledge of Oracle Logs ect and project how a bank may make use of the integrity control mechanisms. This is more of a speculate than a cold hard fact questions. 1. What kind of auditing would be appropriate for a bank? 2. How would auditing help you find a dishonest employee?
4. Look at the following lines from an init.ora file, and list the errors you find and please correct the problem. # Cache and I/O # db_block_size=4096, db_domain="detroit.usa" remote_login_passwordfile=EXCLUSIVE control_files=("D:newlogscontrol99.ctl") maxinstrances=2 compatible=901 # Database Name # d
9. Look at the following CREATE DATABASE command, and find the errors. Then please correct the problem. CREATE DATABASE ultradb FOR UPDATE OF paralleldb MAXINSTANCES 25 DATAFILE TABLESPACE 'ORACLE_BASEoradatasystem01.dbf' CHARACTER_SET US7ASCII LOGFILE GROUP A ('D:oraclelogsredoA.log') SIZE 50M,
1. How can this be corrected? 2. Fix the view. SELECT C.CLIENT_ID, C.FIRST_NAME, C.LAST_NAME, COUNT(W.AD_ID) NUMBER_OF_ADS FROM CLASSMATE.CLIENTS C JOIN CLASSMATE.WANT_AD W ON C.CLIENT_ID = W.AD_OWNER GROUP BY C.CLIENT_ID, C.FIRST_NAME. C.LAST_NAME
The following table shows a table called Grade Report for a university. The existing functional dependencies are described as follows: Student_ID -> Student_Name, Major Course_ID -> Course_Title, Instructor_Name, Instructor_Location Student_ID, Course_ID -> Grade Instructor_Name -> Instructor_Location Deliverable: D
As a team you will be responsible for completing the following actions: Part 1 Create a role for a user to complete imports and exports of data. This role should be a user-defined role with the minimum appropriate permissions for a user who would complete imports and exports. Take screen shots of the critical role creatio
The distinguished Professor Dumbledore has asked me to assist in designing a database to handle the school. I am respectfully passing his request on to you. Build a database, including forms reports and queries, to handle the H. School Management System, or HSMS in short, described below. Remember all data are inserted, updated,
1. Explain why database re-engineering and redesign is necessary. 2. What is the difference between a correlated subquery and a regular subquery? 3. Explain what is done when a NOT NULL column is added to a table. 4. What is a dependency graph? 5. Explain what should be done when adding tables and relationsh
1. How are recursive relationships handled? 2. Discuss surrogate keys. 3. Describe the six default referential integrity actions. 4. How are N:M relationships implemented? 5. Why are null values ambiguous?
Please see the quotes below and describe how they relate to database. quote1-Physical constraints quote2-The principle of mapping quote3-cultural constraints quote4-Make things visible quote5-great precision is not required
What are business rules? Why are they important to a database designer? Provide examples to support your answer based on your experiences or the research you did.
The following table (Attached) shows a table called Grade Report for a university. The existing functional dependencies are described as follows: Student_ID -> Student_Name, Major Course_ID -> Course_Title, Instructor_Name, Instructor_Location Student_ID, Course_ID -> Grade Instructor_Name -> Instructor_Location What
What are entity integrity and referential integrity? Why are they important for relational databases? Please provide examples to support your answers.
Using Microsoft Word, complete the following: The following table shows a table called Grade Report for a university. The existing functional dependencies are described as follows: Student_ID -> Student_Name, Major Course_ID -> Course_Title, Instructor_Name, Instructor_Location Student_ID, Course_ID -> Grade Instruct
Please see the attached file for background information. Problem: Draw Event Diagrams for each of the events shown in the attached Use-Case Matrix.